“Lasagna - Make sure you're hungry!”
Review of Cuoco

Cuoco
Reserve with OpenTable
Cuoco is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #503 of 4,113 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Thomas Avenue
Transit: The South Lake Union Street Car stops directly across the street from Cuoco on Terry Avenue.
Description: "Cuoco" is the Italian word for "cook," and the inspiration for showing off our chefs in an open kitchen. The pasta work station is framed in crisp white tile and surrounded by warm gold and red walls. In addition to the featured fresh pastas, there are savory vegetables and other hearty entrees, created by our newest chef, Stuart Lane. Several private dining options will be available to accommodate 12-25 guests.
Seattle, Washington
“Lasagna - Make sure you're hungry!”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Great drinks and appetizers. The Lasagna is really really good. Paper thin noodles and there must be eight layers. I expected a piece 2"x2" and it was more like 4"x4". I shared it with my family because there was no way I could eat it all. Lively and popular scene on a Friday night.

Visited January 2013

Seattle, Washington
“Better service needed”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

When a restaurant has a big chef behind it, you expect the food to be above average. You should also expect that the service would be held to the same high standards, but in Cuoco's case, it is not. We chose to sit in the bar area on a Sunday evening. Not too busy, about half-full, but the servers appeared disorganized and could not manage to bring the basics to our table without a long delay and a reminder or two. During the entire meal we felt like we were imposing on the bartender or our MIA waiter. While the food was good and the wine flight on offer was excellent, we'd like to feel like we could relax and enjoy our meal rather than being an afterthought to whatever else was occupying the people employed there.

• Visited January 2013
Vancouver
“Mmmm. Lasagna.”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Luckily we had reservations - not surprisingly this is a super busy place on a Saturday night. I'm a big fan of the Tom Douglas restaurants and being from out of town, I've been wanting to try Cuoco for a while. The service was marvellous - our waiter was attentive without being overbearing, even though it was obvious that he was slammed that night. We started with some terrific cocktails and the duck pate - perfect blend of creamy goodness and crisp toasty Italian bread. Choosing a main was a struggle because they all sounded amazing, but when a lasagna arrived at the table next to me I was done. It looked amazing; it also tasted amazing. I wish that I had room for dessert but the lasagna was so filling that I could barely manage to finish even that. Looking forward to a future visit to work my way through the menu.

Visited February 2013
Tucson, Arizona
“Pasta heaven”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

The variety and styles of hand-made pastas is incredible. You can watch -- and talk to - the pasta makers. They knew what they were doing and they gladly - with smiles all around - told us about the different fillings and pastas they were making. And the Big Egg roasted pork appetizer was INCREDIBLE. After our first bite - our table of work friends ordered three more orders --it really was that good. The atmosphere is very inviting - exposed brick and rafters, soft lighting. Cuoco is pasta at its best - and order a side of vegetables - the roasted Brussels sprouts added a nice flavor contrast to the pasta. We had wanted to eat one of Couco's better known sister restaurants - but they were all booked -and we had to "settle" on Couco for our Tom Douglas fix. Thank you Seattle - you led us to a wonderful dinner and a memorable experience.

Verona, New Jersey
“Delicious, locally sourced food, and lovely decor”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Perfection all around. Everything from the bread to the beverages to the dessert was deliciously prepared and lovingly served. I shared a portion of their Brussels sprouts with my friend and ordered a bowl of the Tuscan white-bean soup. Along with some bread, I was more than satisfied. Drinks were perfect. Timing spot on with space to eat and drink leisurely.

I was with a large group and they set us apart in a beautiful, separate dining space away from any noise or activity.

Did not have dessert, so can't respond to dessert preparation; the dessert menu looked well-appointed with choices for all palates.

• Visited January 2013