“An overwhelming selection of ... well, stuff!”
Review of Archie McPhee

Archie McPhee
Ranked #19 of 180 Shopping in Seattle
More attraction details
Owner description: Archie McPhee has been a supplier of everything wonderful and weird for over 30 years. Some of our most famous products include Handerpants, the Yodelling Pickle and the Devil Duck. We have tons of strange candy, bacon products, tentacles, unicorn and action figures. While you're at the store be sure to take your picture with Mr. Bacon and visit the terrifying Wallingford Beast .
Burien, WA
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“An overwhelming selection of ... well, stuff!”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

My dad was visiting Seattle from out of state. He's a practical joker, so I chose Archie McPhee as a surprise attraction for him. I was disappointed that their ducky collection had dwindled to almost nothing, but that's the thing about Archie McPhee - they have different stuff every time I go!

I think my dad was overwhelmed by the sheer number of novelty items. After browsing the entire store he said he was ready to leave. He didn't have room in his luggage for any large purchases, so I wasn't surprised that he didn't buy anything. But as we left he showed me that he had asked an employee for their current catalog, and he was going to take that home to enjoy.

Visited July 2012

• Korean first
Deer Park, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fun shop!”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

This is a great shop, hard to find & unique items. Kids had fun, there are no crass items like you find at other similar shops.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank A L
Portland, OR
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Super fun store with everything you ever read about in the back of a comic book”
Reviewed April 4, 2012

This is an amazing novelty shop with just about any type of gum and bacon related product you can imagine.

Visited March 2012
Omaha, Nebraska
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 93 helpful votes
“A Little Slice of the Odd”
Reviewed October 20, 2011

Archie McPhees is one of those stores that every kid (and us big kids, too) dreams of visiting. They carry a lot of really odd-yet-cool stuff in there, from rubber ducks with devil horns to brain-flavored mints and underwear for squirrels. It's truly a cultural landmark in the land of the weird, and a definite stop on every visit to Seattle.

Most of the stuff for sale in there is PG rated, at most -- I've never seen anything too outrageous, and nothing overtly risque or "dirty", ala Spenser's Gifts. It's good, clean, harmless fun, suitable for the entire family with a twisted sense of humor. :)

Visited October 2011
2 Thank cidbliq
Nanaimo, Canada
109 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 453 helpful votes
“Everything wild, wacky and bacon flavoured!”
Reviewed May 10, 2011

My son and I had a blast in Archie McPhee's! We spent a solid hour looking around at all the goofy, wacky, weird and wonderful stuff in the shop. Who would have thought that bacon flavoured mints, toothpaste and toothpicks were in! Had to make 3 trips around to take most of it in!

Was a really fun shop to stop at and we will definitely go back next time in Seattle.

And the Star Pub and Cafe are a couple of doors away. Perfect spot for lunch!

Visited May 2011