“A jewel in West Seattle”
Review of Blackboard Bistro - CLOSED

Blackboard Bistro
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: SW Hinds Ave
Description: Simplicity and flavor. Seasonally and locally sourced ingredients with a constantly changing menu in a comfortable setting. Enjoy company, good food and something to drink from the bar.
Reviewed January 7, 2014

A group of eight women celebrated Christmas with a brunch at the Blackboard Bistro. The owner greeted us as we entered the establishment. From the moment we entered, to the time we departed, I was not disappointed. An interesting menu, relaxed service - no rush to get you out of the door. The food was scrumptious, the presentation was lovely, and the pairings were interesting. I can't wait to go for dinner some night.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

This place has a brunch menu designed more like a tasting menu - you have a choice of drink (bloody mary, mimosa, coffee, etc), followed by a house baked good, followed by a choice of main course. Everything we had was excellent. There was a problem in the kitchen with one of our orders, so a n additional dish, the breakfast pizza, was brought to us while we waited. My crab omelette was one of the best I've had in a restaurant. Great service and a nice ambience. Highly recommended.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

My wife and I at the end of a 2 plus week trip in several countries found ourselves at the Blackboard Bistro for dinner. Could not have been better. Not pretentious, down to earth and casual, which works well for Us as we just wanted good food in a relaxed environment since we were both needing a vacation from our vacation. The room we dined in was small and very well done. It is below street level but they used mirrors designed in a way to give the appearance of windows, providing depth to the small size. We both ordered mushroom soup as a starter and it was wonderfully prepared and had pieces of various wild mushrooms, providing texture. My wife had cod and I had braised pork belly. Both were excellent Nd I would not have changed A thing with either one. We were too tired to stay for dessert but the ones we saw being served looked beautiful. In a nutshell, French in a casual environment, a combination of rustic and bistro. Will definitely return next time in Dublin

Reviewed October 30, 2013

The chef, Jacob, has a real passion for food and it shows in every meal that comes out. Melt in your mouth! Don't skip dessert, you'll regret it when your dining partner doesn't want to share theirs.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I love this place! The food is always delicious. The menu changes and is always interesting. Everything is unique and very gourmet. It's pricey, but worth every penny. The portions are not huge, but you will leave full. The scene is glamorous, but not snobby. It's small and romantic. It's a great place for a very special occasion.