“Perfect small comfortable bistro”
Review of Blackboard Bistro - CLOSED

Blackboard Bistro
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: SW Hinds Ave
Description: Simplicity and flavor. Seasonally and locally sourced ingredients with a constantly changing menu in a comfortable setting. Enjoy company, good food and something to drink from the bar.
Reviewed November 14, 2013

My wife and I at the end of a 2 plus week trip in several countries found ourselves at the Blackboard Bistro for dinner. Could not have been better. Not pretentious, down to earth and casual, which works well for Us as we just wanted good food in a relaxed environment since we were both needing a vacation from our vacation. The room we dined in was small and very well done. It is below street level but they used mirrors designed in a way to give the appearance of windows, providing depth to the small size. We both ordered mushroom soup as a starter and it was wonderfully prepared and had pieces of various wild mushrooms, providing texture. My wife had cod and I had braised pork belly. Both were excellent Nd I would not have changed A thing with either one. We were too tired to stay for dessert but the ones we saw being served looked beautiful. In a nutshell, French in a casual environment, a combination of rustic and bistro. Will definitely return next time in Dublin

Reviewed October 30, 2013

The chef, Jacob, has a real passion for food and it shows in every meal that comes out. Melt in your mouth! Don't skip dessert, you'll regret it when your dining partner doesn't want to share theirs.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I love this place! The food is always delicious. The menu changes and is always interesting. Everything is unique and very gourmet. It's pricey, but worth every penny. The portions are not huge, but you will leave full. The scene is glamorous, but not snobby. It's small and romantic. It's a great place for a very special occasion.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

The review below this one already cited the sheer amount of butter used in the food here. It is not a friendly place for diets. But as a place to go for perfectly cooked, mostly locally-sourced delicacies, it can't be beat. The bread is to die for, the appetizers and mains are so good that they should be shared so that you can experience them all, and the wine list couldn't be better. As a party of five, we tried salads, several fish plates, several veggies plates and a couple of meat dishes, and other than the incredible amount of tasty, tasty butter involved, there were no complaints. The brussel sprouts here were the best we've ever eaten. The salmon with brown quinoa was delectable. The one dessert we shared was also incredible. And to top it all off, service was friendly, personable, personal and attentive.

1  Thank bocadey
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We wanted to try something new in the neighborhood and found Blackboard Bistro. Small, intimate, laid back atmosphere. The bread to start with browned butter/herbs to dip in was our clue this was going to be fun and a favorite place. Everthing we ordered was interesting, well seasoned, presentation simple and portions hearty. Our son, 10 yrs old said the Wow! at a taste of my dish! I asked what the waitstaff's suggestion and ordered the rabbit meatballs on a bed of quinoa and topped with crispy fried watercress. I agreed, Wow! Hubby ordered the grilled flank steak with mashed potatoes, with a delcious nugget of fried cambozola, ahhhhh....the potatoes with the cheese, heaven. The cool part was the child friendly atmosphere for such a stylish place. Chef Jason gave our son a "brussel sprout challenge" - eating 3 luscious bites of brussel sprouts earned him a complimentary chocolate dessert - delicious and healthy! Sadly that was the end of the challenge. Our son's gnocchi dish, soft pillows of goodness with veggies was hearty and happy. Dessert? Yes! Tiramisu! We will definitely be back. I have my eye on one of the lamb dishes.

1  Thank mayvox