“Wonderful place for dinner with friends”
Review of Blackboard Bistro - CLOSED

Blackboard Bistro
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: SW Hinds Ave
Description: Simplicity and flavor. Seasonally and locally sourced ingredients with a constantly changing menu in a comfortable setting. Enjoy company, good food and something to drink from the bar.
Reviewed May 11, 2012

We recently celebrated a friend's birthday with dinner at the Blackboard Bistro in West Seattle. It was a wonderful experince. The service was wonderful and our dinners were delicious. All four members of our party had a different entree. The portions were large. The veal tenderloin was excellent, tender, moist and seasoned to perfection. We shared appetizers, shrimp toast and smoked tuna empanadas. Both of these were outstanding. The desert of marscapone and maple creme brulee with madelines was a perfect ending to a wonderful evening. I would definitely recommend this to by friends and family.

1  Thank LewisDA515

Reviewed April 3, 2012

We had our Bookclub meet here, so it was a private party planned just for us. While Jacob and his wife Ginger prepared an entire meal (I can't even count all the courses, the plates just kept appearing!) with a Japanese theme to support our discussion where the book's story was located. This is not a Japanese restaurant! But an ode to the chefs who demonstrated their talent and willingness to concoct the most delicious dinner I've had in a long time. Sushi, tempura, sea bass, gingered beef, dessert and that doesn't cover half of it. I will be going back to experience their regular menu which is reasonably priced in a cozy location in West Seattle with terrific ambience as soon as possible!

Reviewed December 12, 2011

I live close to the Blackboard Bistro and it has quickly become my "go-to" restaurant when I have friends or family visiting. The dishes change seasonally and are really devised for sharing. I am especially fond of the arugula salad which is enough to share with the table.
Jacob, the chef, has lived in many different countries but there seems to be a leaning towards British food. But don't let that put you off, he leans towards finely flavored English dishes and uses a lot of meat from the nearby Swinery, a purveyor of all things porcine. The restaurant is small & can get cold as people coming in forget to close the door behind them or hold the door open too long. Sit away from the door and you'll be okay..

Reviewed October 6, 2011

love having many small plates, with unique combinations and ingredients in a cozy environment. The browned butter with pinenuts for the bread is sooo yummy! their menu changes frequently, and makes it a great place to explore new things!

Reviewed September 12, 2011

Went with my wife one evening and had a wonderful dinner. Waiter suggested we try several dishes (tapas style) and he was spot on. Each dish was unique and delicious. at that time of the summer, nettles were in season so we tried them and the dish was fantastic. Never knew that was something you could eat.
A very nice meal and experience. They change the menu regularly depending on what is in season. If you want something out of the ordinary I highly recommend trying it out.