“Sisters & Mom Visit”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Sisters & Mom Visit”
Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

My three sisters and I along with our Mom headed to Seattle for a couple of days. Seattle is known for its glass-blowers so we wanted to experience it ourselves at Blowing Sands studio - and we were so happy we did! David explained the process so well and was a patient and experienced instructor. I highly recommend this place for anyone wanting a well rounded Seattle experience.

1 Thank HelenaHK2014

Edmonton, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Amazing experience”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We had such an amazing time at the Blowing Sands studio, David was so patient and so knowledgeable about glass, it was amazing, he is an incredible teacher. We spent four hours at the studio and we never felt rushed. David was very calm and accommodating, he helped us make eight different pieces, four paper weights and four Christmas ornaments that all turned out fabulous, we could believe that we actually made such nice keep sakes. It was so xciting the next morning I just wanted to go back and spend the day there. Thank you David for a very memorable day in Seattle!

Visited July 2013
2 Thank TLM577
idaho
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Best Day Spent in Seattle!”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

My family (husband, Son 14 and daughter 12) and I had the best day we have spent in Seattle in a long time. We went to Blowing Sands Glass Studio for a lesson in glass blowing. Wow! David was so helpful and patient. We made an appointment for my kids to do paperweights and my husband and I to do light covers. My kids started and did these amazing paper weights. Then it was my turn....I had so much fun and I have 2 beautiful light cover to hang in my kitchen. My husband also made a light cover to match. I can't wait to get home and hang them they look so awesome. We were having so much fun we let the kids make ornaments too. The price was great compared to the other palaces we looked at on line, and David and his wonderful staff were so nice and welcoming. Davids also sells his own beautiful work in the studio. I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for a great experience while in Seattle.

Visited November 2012
2 Thank 5b_mama
seattle, wa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Awesome Team!”
Reviewed January 19, 2011

My department went to Blowing Sands for a team building event where David and Lon helped our group of 26 people make paperweights, sea floats and pumpkins. They were very knowledgeable and patient with our group. Cynthia helped arrange the event with me and was accommodated our group by providing tables and chairs so we could have pizza delivered and play gestures while we waited our turn.

David and Lon answered all of our questions and even gave us suggestions since there were many options for us to choose from.

Visited January 2011