“Celebrate anything just to eat here.”
Review of Mistral Kitchen - CLOSED

Mistral Kitchen
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Lenora
Transit: We are on the Seattle Streetcar route, with streetcar stops located conveniently one block in each direction on Westlake Ave.
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Happy Hour samples were unbelievably delicious and good portions. It is hard to believe things get better after that, but the Teres Major (steak) and the halibut were off the chart and eating is serious for us. The scallop on a bed of perfectly done onion, squash, and lentils was sweet and salty and so good I could have done a plate. Then there is the sous-vide chicken which tasted like not chicken I have had before. It was hard to not order another just to take with me but it would not have made it to the car. The even concocted a gluten free desert for me. Kevin our water was like having a friend for dinner who understood food. Simply Lovely.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Excellent gourmet food. It was a warm summer evening and we had our 18 mo. old grandbaby so we sat in the patio dining. The service was as excellent as the food. Waiters were very attentive and we concerned about having a baby at the table. We had no problem. We ordered the oxtail and half chicken. It was really a chicken quarter (breast) with no dark meat. It was delicious and cooked just right. We could have had more. We did not go inside so don't know what the indoor decor was like.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

I take my food very seriously. And, this restaurant was absolutely amazing! We started with the cheese and charcuterie, which were delicious - fresh, artisanal cheeses, and the perfect cured meats. Very good selection, and all were gone quickly at our table! I should mention they also have a great drink menu, with the perfect cup for every drink you order! I still sometimes dream of my Moscow Mule in it's little copper kettle mug... But, I digress. The food is killer. I had the special, which was beef over lentils (and I'm not doing it justice), which was cooked perfectly and seasoned expertly. From the menu, though, our table also had the duck, bronzino, pork, lamb, and chicken... Everybody loved their entree, and many of us tasted others at the table. The portions are large, and everything was delicious. I will return to this restaurant when I'm back in Seattle.

1  Thank khoward
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Friends visiting from Florida wanted to try something new for Sunday Brunch. We found that the Mistral was close to their downtown hotel, and thought we'd give it a try. It was fabulous! First, the cocktails were extraordinary. Not the usual quaff, and made expertly by a wonderful "mixologist". In fact all the service was really good. The coffee is also excellent, (very important at Brunch time) and offered in French presses of different sizes. The large is enough for 4 people, unless you're VERY hungover! The menu apparently changes frequently, but the offerings are sophisticated and sometimes intriguing. One of our party wanted some charcuterie and some cheeses, and they were very accommodating in providing some of each. There are several crudo plates that looked delicious, but our companion chose the hamachi crudo, which she said was fabulous. I was curious about the "herbed bread pudding with mushrooms". What a savory treat! Not only was the bread pudding light, fluffy, and with a delicate crust, it had an amazing mushroom sauce made with MORELS! I adore morels, and was very pleasantly sated by this dish. It also had a perfect soft-cooked egg for my protein component.

Three of our party had the biscuits with ham gravy, and no one was disappointed. The rich, buttery biscuits were topped by a spicy ham gravy that was not your traditional "red-eye" gravy, but a great way to wake you up. My husband also really enjoyed the roasted potatoes that accompanied the "biscuits and gravy and soft-cooked egg". Others in the party also ordered a delicious green salad that was devoured down to the last leaf. In addition, there was a side of some of the best bacon I've ever tasted, and I loves my bacon! There are desserts on offer, but our party was already sated by the entrees and the wonderful walnut and sourdough breads they start you with. Oh, and the buttery scones with homemade strawberry jam were a hit, too.

The decor is modern and understated and really quite comfortable. We are looking forward to trying the Jewel Box (prix fixe chef's tasting menu) for dinner sometime soon.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

We wanted a memorable meal to end our vacation in Seattle and Mistral Kitchen was fabulous. We sat at the chef's table and had a delicious meal from start to finish. One member of our party is vegan and her food was sumptuous and as special as the restbofbour group. The corn soup with morel mushrooms was absolutely delicious and the lamb and lentils was superb. The service was as spot on as the food. Very special meal!!