“Do not miss it”
Review of Pintxo

Pintxo
Reserve with OpenTable
Pintxo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #540 of 4,132 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: Spanish, Bar, Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Belltown
Cross street: Blanchard St
Description: Pintxo (pronounced pin-cho peen-cho) is a Spanish Tapas Bar located in the heart of Belltown. Pintxo's micro-kitchen, smaller than most food truck kitchens, produces a vast array of basque small bites from traditional favorites such as paella and bacon wrapped dates to house cured meats, seafood and other dishes from San Sebastián, Bilbao and Valladolid. Tortilla Española, Bacalao Fritters, Montaditos de Serrano and Patatas Bravas to modern takes on the traditional dishes from various culinary regions of Spain, including San Sebastian, Barcelona and Madrid. Working in Pintxo's small but mighty kitchen, and without a gas grill, Chef de Cuisine David Haight and Sous Emelio Sansone use fresh ideas to create flavorful dishes. The seafood-forward menu, often consists of house-curing, poached dishes and unique ingredients like sea foam [not sure what to use here] . While a majority of the food is sourced locally, some ingredients such as the Spanish Cheeses and Jamon Iberico de bellota (cured ham from the acorn fed Iberico pig) Spanish octopus, Mediterranean Mussels and SPECIFIC NAME HERE clams are frequently used to create the traditional dishes that have been made in Spain and Pais Vasco (Basque Country) Basque country for centuries. The beverage menu features wine, liquor, beer and cider/cidra from Spain, although local wine and beer are also readily available and easily paired with PIntxo's Pintxo's bold and flavorful food. Like Pintxo's kitchen, the dining room is intimate and features bar and table seating as well as a front and back patio on sunny days and a well lit indoor atrium.
Vancouver, Canada
“Do not miss it”
Reviewed April 15, 2012

This restaurant is a hidden gem.
I love food and I love Spain - have been several times. I discovered Pintxo while visiting Seattle on April 12/12 and, in my view, this restaurant would be competitive anywhere in Spain. The food is greal (I liked all eight tapas I tried) and so is the service. The prices are very reasonable and if you happen to be there on Wednesdays they discount their wine by $10 per bottle - we had two bottles of Spanish cava for just $18 each.

• Visited April 2012

“We really like it!”
Reviewed March 22, 2012

First time for this style of dining. I'm actually writing this from my table. We're on vacation and didn't want huge plates, that we were tied to only one dish. The service and the food is great. If in the area...drop by!

Graham, Washington
“Excellent Spanish tapas food”
Reviewed March 9, 2012

I saw that there was a Spanish tapas restaurant near our hotel. My wife has never been to a tapas restaurant. She was not disappointed. We had several courses. She selected a smoked cheese dipped in olive oil, bread pudding, Spanish cheese upon bread, and a shrimp dish cooking with garlic. I selected bread slices with apple and strawberry sauces, baby octupus dish, and a creme brelee-influenced dish. We shared these dishes. All dishes were very good to excellent. We spent about $53 for nine different selections.

• Visited March 2012
New York
“Outstanding food and fun - all at a reasonable price!”
Reviewed March 2, 2012

My wife and I went with a few friends, and REALLY enjoyed Pintxo. Wonderful friendly service, tasty food, and interesting wine and beer choices. Someone has put good thought into what is served here, and the energy and vibe was great. Pretty steady crowd, not over-busy even on a Friday night. Of the 8-9 items we tried, all but one really hit the spot! Highly recommended!

• Visited March 2012
Seattle, Washington, United States
“Tourist in our own town”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Found this funking little Tapas bar within walking distance of downtown. Tasty small plates, yummy drinks, not to dear

Visited February 2012

Been to Pintxo? Share your experiences!