“Very homey B&B”
Review of 9 Cranes Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Seattle
9 Cranes Inn
Ranked #3 of 28 Seattle B&B and Inns
Scottsdale AZ
“Very homey B&B”
Reviewed February 26, 2012

This was my second stay at 9 Cranes, the first by myself without my husband. The location is great for visiting our daughter in the Ballard area and I felt very safe. The owner Shelley treats you as a valued guest and caters to your every need. The 1st floor room I've stayed in both times is comfortable with a nice flat screen and the heated floors in the bathroom are a nice touch. Breakfast was served just as I wanted. I had no complaints and will certainly return.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank AZtraveler54

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Newark, Delaware
Reviewed December 31, 2011

Lovely stay during the holidays. Location was close and walkable to our family and the food.....Breakfast each day was to die for! We felt pampered and well cared for.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank maureen s
Sheridan, Wyoming, United States
Reviewed November 28, 2011

This is a wonderful B&B. The hostess pays attention to EVERY detail, and made my stay so comfortable that I wanted to stay there for a lot longer. Walking distance to nice shops and restaurants, as well as along a great walking/running route.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed November 14, 2011

Shelley, our host, was great. She accommodated our request for an earlier breakfast, and the breakfasts were phenomenal. First day was a delicious quiche dish, and blueberry french toast the next day. Our room was very comfortable. The bathroom had heated floors, and our bed was soft. My only complaint was that the sheets, while made of incredibly soft micro-fiber, didn't breathe at all. Our room was also a bit hot, but opening the windows helped. I would certainly stay here again. This place is located right near the Woodland Zoo, which was a lot of fun.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I flew into Seattle late on a Friday night and decided to stay at 9 Cranes again for one night. Shelley was there to greet me and I also met her husband, who is just as delightful as she is! I really enjoyed chatting with them as I unwound from my flight and getting to Ballard. There were some scrumptious treats in the dining area and chocolate in my room!! It was so nice to climb into a nice, comfortable bed with super soft sheets after a long day at work plus a long flight from Atlanta. The fact that I have stayed twice (May 11 and August 11) in such a short period is a testament to the quality B&B that 9 Crane's is!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Petaluma, California
Reviewed October 27, 2011

Away in Seattle without my husband and kids for the first time in years, I was looking for a relaxing place to stay, and having lived in Seattle previously, an opportunity to revisit some of my local haunts. This inn provided all of that and more. Nicely decorated throughout, it is clear that the innkeeper has thought of most every detail. She is very friendly, welcoming and helpful should you have any questions about the area. The breakfasts were delicious, and she even shares her recipes! I enjoyed wandering the neighborhoods, and then returning to relax in my room to my heart's content. Be aware that it is located in a true neighborhood, so is not in the middle of the hustle and bustle of a big city like Seattle, which can be both positive and negative.

My one real complaint, although an unavoidable issue in an old, smallish house such as this, was how the sounds carried throughout. I stayed on the middle floor, so woke up each morning earlier than I would have liked by the creaking floors of the guests above me and the sounds of breakfast preparations in the kitchen below me.

Overall, I would highly recommend for a B&B type experience in one of the great neighborhoods of Seattle.

Room Tip: The room on the top floor would likely be the best bet, to avoid the sounds of other guests and brea...