“Perfect retreat on a business trip”
Review of 9 Cranes Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Seattle
9 Cranes Inn
Ranked #4 of 28 Seattle B&B and Inns
Portland, Oregon
“Perfect retreat on a business trip”
Reviewed March 29, 2011

I loved my stay at 9 Cranes Inn! I stayed in the Woodland Room, but the friendly proprietor, Shelley, gave me a tour of the entire inn (so I'd have the information for possible future stays). The Ballard View room would be perfect for me and my husband, but the Woodland Room was ideal for a peaceful night's rest after a business meeting in Seattle. The neighborhood is quiet, yet offers easy access to downtown, Ballard and Greenlake. The entire inn is sparkling clean. Breakfast was healthful and delicious (I had the signature salmon scramble with roasted tomatoes, potatoes, kiwi and a yummy baked apple). Shelley shared the recipe for her delicious chocolate chip cookies.

The nitty-gritty: firm bed, good quality pillows, fluffy towels and a heated bathroom floor. Every amenity was close to hand. I had my own key, so was able to leave in the evening for dinner with a friend, then come back and relax in peace. I enjoyed the upstairs guest lounge and the beautiful living room, complete with crackling fire, in this lovely restored 1916 home. I hope to stay at 9 Cranes Inn again!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank DrGenLong

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed March 13, 2011

Great room, great breakfasts, great design and a real sense of tranquility about the home, all in a quiet and cozy location.

My lady and I stayed in the only room on the 1st floor, the Woodland Room. It was playfully yet tastefully designed, with an excellent quality to all the fixtures and furniture. Also in the room is a giant HDTV, a nice big closet, and a well put together guest information binder.

The bed was a tad firm, but we're spoiled memory-foam-mattress-topper fans. The linens were SO SOFT! I recommend asking Shelly about purchasing your own set.

Our private bathroom came with everything we needed. Again, excellent quality and well thought out flow. Instead of tiny soap, shampoo and conditioner packets, there is a shower-mounted dispenser with refillable reservoirs providing all of the above. I wish more inns & hotels did this!

The provided breakfast was both delicious and accommodating. Rice milk? Sure. Can't do gluten? No problem. Vegetarian? Got it. There is also coffee, tea, and juice/soda in a little upstairs nook, available 24 hours a day.

Tying it all off is a very decent rate, and free (fast) WI-FI, an inviting common area for making calls, taking notes, or just reading a book.

9 cranes, way up!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank aaronransley
Orlando, FL
Reviewed February 21, 2011

We went to Seattle for a long weekand and decided to try a B&B in one of the nearby communities. This inn has everything. We stayed in the Ballard Room and it was HUGE , had a large deck and nicely appointed, but it was on the third floor with no elevator. I didn't mind it and the views are awesome if it's not raining, but keep that in mind if you book this room. My wife joked that she loved the sunken tub anyway so it was worth the climb! It's also the only room ont he third floor so it feels secluded. The inn has a shared lounge on the second floor with a computer, free coffee, and free wireless internet access for our laptop which was very fast.

Each morning we had a two course hot breakfast which was a great way to start our day. I'm not a big breakfast person, but we had some kind of salmon scramble pastry one day and a lemon crepe on another. They were both incredible and I think they were perfect starts for our day of touring Seattle. We took the bus downtown which was closeby and they were very clean and convenient. Shelly, the inn keeper, recommended the Underground Tour and we had a blast. Don't miss this if you ever visit.

Thanks for a great weekend in Seattle!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple