“Great mix of tastes and value”
Review of Japonessa Sushi

Japonessa Sushi
Reserve with OpenTable
Japonessa Sushi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 4,110 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Union
Sterling, Virginia
“Great mix of tastes and value”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

This spring a business colleague took a group of eight of us to this restaurant for dinner. The dinner was a great success, largely because of the food, location, and great service we received. When so many restaurants in downtown Seattle are out of reach because of high prices we really appreciated an affordable, yet delicious and comfortable venue. The chef here must have great fun mixing spicy, Latin flavors with sushi rolls; I know I had fun eating them. The restaurant had a great sake list and a knowledgeable server who was able to walk me through the various offerings and make a recommendation that perfectly matched my tastes. The servers accommodated our long, rambling group dinner with smiles. I will definitely make this a stop on my next trip to Seattle.

• Visited February 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Marlborough, MA
“It didn't knock me out.”
Reviewed June 7, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I chose this based on Open Table recommendation and proximity to our hotel. I wouldn't recommend it or return. The food was okay. Everything was sort of the same (spicy sushi). The plates came on top of one another without a break. The noodle dish we ordered as a main dish was just noodles with a smoky flavor, nothing special. The bill was well over $100 for 2 people and not worth it. The atmosphere was dark but not romantic at all. The Open Table reviews in my view were not accurate and the restaurant did not meet our expectations.

Visited May 2014
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Amazing sushi and amazing price”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

I love the sushi here, particularly the Spicy rolls and the value for money is excellent. Good local beer and the buzz in this place is terrific. Always my first stop after landing at SeaTac on a Sunday afternoon.

Visited April 2014
Bellingham, Washington
“Happy with Recommendation”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

I asked a business man downtown what he would suggest for a happy hour and he
immediately suggested this and gave us walking directions. We were pleased to be
able to sit outside being that it was sunny out. My husband asked the man next to us
what sushi he was eating and was told the 'Skin On Skin'. We ordered that, the Calamari
and the Side Salad. A Sopporo and a glass of Pinio Grigio with those created a WOW moment!
Would have given a 5 rating, but had to wait for chopsticks and napkins after the food was
served.

• Visited June 2014
“Ok rolls, not inventive”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I've been to Japonessa a couple times. The rolls are pretty good, but if you look at the ingredients they are just a remix of the same items over and over. At least half of the rolls include cilantro, which I do not like so it limited my options. Another time we had a voucher for a set dinner menu. The entrees were bland and over cooked. My suggestion is to stick with the sushi and rolls.

• Visited May 2014