“Amazing sushi and amazing price” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Japonessa Sushi

Japonessa Sushi
Reserve with OpenTable
Japonessa Sushi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 4,062 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: Japanese, Seafood, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Union
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Amazing sushi and amazing price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

I love the sushi here, particularly the Spicy rolls and the value for money is excellent. Good local beer and the buzz in this place is terrific. Always my first stop after landing at SeaTac on a Sunday afternoon.

Visited April 2014

• Korean first
  • Thai first
Bellingham, Washington
“Happy with Recommendation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

I asked a business man downtown what he would suggest for a happy hour and he
immediately suggested this and gave us walking directions. We were pleased to be
able to sit outside being that it was sunny out. My husband asked the man next to us
what sushi he was eating and was told the 'Skin On Skin'. We ordered that, the Calamari
and the Side Salad. A Sopporo and a glass of Pinio Grigio with those created a WOW moment!
Would have given a 5 rating, but had to wait for chopsticks and napkins after the food was
served.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Ok rolls, not inventive”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

I've been to Japonessa a couple times. The rolls are pretty good, but if you look at the ingredients they are just a remix of the same items over and over. At least half of the rolls include cilantro, which I do not like so it limited my options. Another time we had a voucher for a set dinner menu. The entrees were bland and over cooked. My suggestion is to stick with the sushi and rolls.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Pitt Meadows, Canada
“Great Sushi Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

While visiting in Seattle we walked in to this restaurant shortly after noon on a Sunday, without a reservation. We were surprised to see that it was already almost full, so were happy that a table was found for our party of 6. (The table was reserved for 2 pm so they offered it to us on the condition that we had to leave by then . . . no problem.) We ordered several dishes with a variety of sashimi and sushi. The sashimi was excellent - fresh, fresh, fresh! Not only was presentation awesome, but the rolls were all absolutely delicious. Our daughter is vegetarian, and she too was delighted with her veggie and tofu selections. Because we were able to order from the Happy Hour menu, the prices were extremely reasonable. This is one of the best sushi restaurants we've eaten at, and we are definitely going to make this a regular stop on our future Seattle trips!

East Lansing, Michigan
“Fantastic Food, Good Ambiance”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2014

My husband and I dined here while on vacation in Seattle. I was nervous about whether we would like it or not based on the fact that it is on OpenTable. However, we had a dynamite dinner here and have since recommended the restaurant to some of our local friends. We had an assortment of sashimi and signature rolls and we enjoyed each of our choices. The Eight Spice Tuna Tataki was especially delicious and we ended up with a second order. The rolls may seem expensive at first glance, but they are enormous (probably twice the size of what I would consider a typical roll). I have been to Seattle several times and am very happy that I ventured to a new location and hope to be back.