“Perpetual quest - almost fulfilled”

The Berliner Doner Kebab
Ranked #1,332 of 4,132 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: German, Turkish
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Hand crafted Turkish-German doner kebab (chicken and lamb), inspired by the famous fast food of Germany, the doner. House made yogurt sauces and marinades, locally baked bread and great salads. Stop by and grab a doner (pronounced doo-nah).
Lafayette, Indiana
“Perpetual quest - almost fulfilled”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Everywhere we go, hubby is looking for a doner kebab that is as good as the ones he had in Switzerland. This one was pretty close but not exactly. I, who have nothing to compare it to, thought the bread was just the right combo of chewy and soft, and I loved the veggies and garlic sauce they put on it. But alas, we will keep searching from New York to Chicago for the "authentic" according to hubby doner kebab.

Visited July 2014

los angeles
“Excellent doner”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

I ordered the house special with chicken, their garlic sauce ( no msg and made from scratch) spicy mayo and veggies. It was really good and hit the spot! I would def. come back if i have a chance!

• Visited July 2014
Arlington, Virginia
“Excellent Authentic Doner”
Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

I spent my teenage years in Berlin, so frequently crave a good Doner, very hard to find in the U.S. amid the ubiquitous gyro in pita. Sure enough, they had spits of lamb and beef slow roasting on vertical rotisseries. The garlic and especially spicy mayo were nice authentic touches. But best of all is their take on Fladenbrot, the Turkish-German bread typically used in Germany. The sesame-crusted bread is fresh and tasty, nicely complimenting the fillings while providing solid support for the sandwich. Best Doner I've had in the U.S. thus far. And a great value!

1 Thank DCJimmer
Union City, New Jersey, United States
“Ich Bin...”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Ich bin ein Berliner! Excellent and affordable doner kebabs on fresh and tasty fkatbreads are the staple here. Choose your bread, meat or veggies, and style from the menu and you are ready to go very quickly. The fiery kreuzberg was delicious, moderately spicy and swimming in tasty sauce and veggies. The meat combination of breed, lamb, and chicken was also very well spiced and cooked. I felt like I was back near Checkpoint Charlie. Payment was also very easy with square and level up.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Tyler L
seattle wa
“won't get the salad again”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Wish I would have had the sandwich with the big bread...that ended up looking better than the salad. They said they could turn the sandwich into a salad so I said 'sure' and when I asked for them to put the bread on the side they wanted to charge me an extra $1.50. I said no and unfortunately left hungry as the salad did not fill me up and the veggies tasted quite processed and there was very little of interest in the ingredients - just romaine lettuce, a few crumbles of feta, chopped tomatoes, a bit of chicken and dressing on the side. It was dry but I choked it down. I don't think I will be going back...although I would consider trying a sandwich at happy hour prices, a much better value - they are $4.99 between 3 and 5.

• Visited September 2013