“Great Pasta and Wine”

Description: Capitol Hill
Antelope, California
“Great Pasta and Wine”
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Located on Broadway it is an easy walk from the bus stop. The place is really small and intimate. The owner is constantly hustling people around to make sure you get a great experience. The food is great, I had lasagna and my husband had pesto raviolis. Both were superb. The wine list is well rounded and dessert is the perfect finishing touch.

On a side note I bought a living social deal for Panevino and this is the reason why we went. Beware that they offer a special "living social menu" with very limited pasta options, and even though it says $30 towards bottle of wine the wines on the special menu are in the $26 price range. I was disappointed because this was not listed in the fine print on living social, and there was not mention of a special menu on their website. Still a great experience but we got taxed on the living social $90 original price, which in reality we only spent $70.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank Kris C

seattle
“Love it !!”
Reviewed April 3, 2012

Panevino... what does it have that invites us over and over... the food, the wine, a little piece of italy , the owner who is there every night ensuring that everyone is happy and Nello- whom I love ! Its always nice to get good food that doesn't cost you a day of your salary ( completely relative i agree).
ried the Sangiovese Vestini Abruzzo 07 and the house wine. Loved the sangiovese !
Also tried another wine that was a recommendation of Nello. Guess I forgot what he said but was awesome

Definitely worth going !! We are probably acting as their PR agents facebook, chat status, emails.. name it and we have published it to the world. Hopefully you will give it try.....Buon Appetito annd Salute !

Visited November 2011
1 Thank png_travelalways
Seattle, Washington
“Add this one to your 'must try' list”
Reviewed January 27, 2012

The service was above-par. It was a busy evening when we dined there and we were in a leisurely mood and still we were not rushed, even though they sat us right in the window. The seafood pasta was excellent as was the penne with spinach. Great menu. The Pinot Grigio was crisp and clean and we will definitely be returning. The only downside is you really do have to pay for all of this excellence!

• Visited January 2012
Seattle, Washington
“Amazing”
Reviewed September 5, 2011

I went to Panevino with a friend last night around 7 PM. Nello was a fantastic server, complete with an accent that makes most women swoon, and recommended the most delicious appetizer I have ever had in my entire life...the prataioli, which is balsamic glazed mushrooms atop crusty bread. Oh. My. God. I could eat this by the truckload.

Dinner was the Spaghetti Tarantina for me, and Veal Piccata for my friend. The mussels and calamari in the ever-so-slightly spicy sauce was soooooo delicious. I wish I could be more fancy in my description, but suffice it to say, it was really that good.

Chic, inviting atmosphere. Great black and white pictures on the wall. And Nello, what more do I need to say? Go here! You won't be dissappointed!

• Visited September 2011
Duluth, Minnesota
“Amazing Meal!”
Reviewed August 26, 2011

My husband and I dined here for dinner and loved it! The food was some of the best italian we have had outside of Italy and the wine our server recommeded, who we also believe is he owner, was amazing. We will definitely revisit this restaurant when we are back in Seattle and recommend it to anyone looking for a good Italian meal. The ambiance of the restauant is very plain but as with most "hole in the wall" restaurants, who cares when the food is so good!

• Visited August 2011