“great walking tour of Seattle neighborhoods”

Immersus Tours Walking Tours
Ranked #66 of 159 Tours in Seattle
More attraction details
Owner description: Immersus walking tour shows the Seattle beyond the touristy spots. Each guided route has been designed to immerse and sense the vibe of the selected local neighborhoods like Green Lake, Queen Anne and Fremont and to give a true idea of how Seattleites see the Emerald City. The tour guide shares history facts about the neighborhoods and the specific places that are visited along the routes like the old aqua theater on the glacier lake, the 1904 Elementary school which is now a shopping center or the gas factory in the middle of a park, the only gas plant standing in the country. To add a bit of flavor the routes have specific stops to break and sample some organic donut or beer. Spontaneity is welcome to our tours which entice the idea of deeply immersing in the local culture to learn and even interact with the local entrepreneurs. The neighborhoods selected are about six to seven miles from downtown. The groups are not more than ten people which will make the two and a half walking journey very interactive and flexible.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I had a great time. We visited some hidden places that I had no idea existed, tated beer, learned about history, and enjoyed Tonito's geat company. I would defenitely recommend this tour to someone who's new in town and wants to learn about the culture in Seattle.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
2  Thank Roderico1234

Reviewed June 26, 2013

I took this tour about a year after moving to Seattle and loved it! It was the first Spanish tour and it was a wonderful experience! It was really nice to be able to walk around areas that most tours don't even pass by. It provided me with my first bus experience and provided lots of great information regarding Greenlake, downtown and many local neighborhoods and businesses. It is really worth it and Tonio is really a great tour guide. Sign up, you won't regret it.

1  Thank Chiposago
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Not too much walking, a little tasting (beer, vegan doughnut, chocolate, hamburger), some nature, little, interesting, hidden places in Seattle, new people. Loved it!!! I had a really great time with the others. Tonio is the perfect tourguide, nice guy! Thanks for the walk!! :)

4  Thank Sheila S
Reviewed August 9, 2012

This tour is very unique. It was like taking the back door to get a good look at the real Seattle, and it turns out that Seattle is an amazing place. You start out at the Hard Rock Café in downtown Seattle, hop on a bus and head to Greenlake and other outlining neighborhoods. Being a resident of Seattle suburbs for 30+ years, I enjoyed strolling part way around Greenlake and along familiar neighborhoods like Wallingford and Fremont. What I didn’t expect was the wealth of new information about each place. The local stops along the way at a vegan doughnut shop, the rolling hills of Gasworks, the Troll (with the folklore),a Fremont micro-brewery, and a field of food markets with entertaining musicians…made this a fun and memorable day. Our guide, Tonio, was wonderful. He was flexible with the needs of my party, whether some needed a short break to sit, use a restroom, meander off the set trail, or take time to translate information. At the end of the day Tonio took us back to our starting spot and then offered to walk us to our next destination to make sure we didn’t get lost. My group and I greatly enjoyed this tour.

3  Thank deb k
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Tonio did a terrific job of giving us the 'inside scoop' on these three neighborhoods: Greenlake, Wallingford and Fremont. Loved the combination of bus and walking, and we had a beautiful sunny day for it, too. The view from Gasworks park was especially nice. I liked that Tonio was willing to let us set some of the direction, i.e. if there was something nearby we wanted to look at, then he was fine with small detours. Well thought-out route and interesting things to see along the way. Highly recommended!

6  Thank phototropic