“Great way to see the real Seattle”

Immersus Tours Walking Tours
Ranked #65 of 161 Tours in Seattle
More attraction details
Owner description: Immersus walking tour shows the Seattle beyond the touristy spots. Each guided route has been designed to immerse and sense the vibe of the selected local neighborhoods like Green Lake, Queen Anne and Fremont and to give a true idea of how Seattleites see the Emerald City. The tour guide shares history facts about the neighborhoods and the specific places that are visited along the routes like the old aqua theater on the glacier lake, the 1904 Elementary school which is now a shopping center or the gas factory in the middle of a park, the only gas plant standing in the country. To add a bit of flavor the routes have specific stops to break and sample some organic donut or beer. Spontaneity is welcome to our tours which entice the idea of deeply immersing in the local culture to learn and even interact with the local entrepreneurs. The neighborhoods selected are about six to seven miles from downtown. The groups are not more than ten people which will make the two and a half walking journey very interactive and flexible.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Great tour. This is an awesome way to see Seattle without being stuck doing the typical touristy stuff with a heap of other people. There were only four of us on our tour and Katie pretty much tailoured the tour to suit us. The tour bills itself as 4 hours but we left at 11 and didn't get back to almost 5pm, talk about value for money! As a visitor from Australia it was great to see some out of the way neighbourhoods and see how people in this beautiful city really live. It's so easy to see all the main tourist stuff on your own, but this is something that you really couldn't do without the knowledge that comes from years living in a city.
All in all I would highly recommend this tour to anyone who wants to really expereince the city and have an amazing person showing it to them. Also the fact that you get free chocolate samples doesn't hurt in the least.
Thanks again Immersus for a great time!!

9  Thank emma d
Management response:Responded July 4, 2012

Thanks for your review Emma! Team Immersus appreciates your feedback. Sorry it took a bit longer but if you are happy we are happy! And we are delighted you enjoyed Seattle beyond the touristy spots! Visit us again. Cheers!

Reviewed June 27, 2012

We took this tour a couple of weeks ago. It was great! I felt super afterwards because I got plenty of fresh air, got my walking groove on, and learned a about the city that I already live in. Wow! This "off the downtown" tour opened my eyes to the beautiful city I live in, the great neighborhoods, and cool little places I didn't have any idea existed. I highly recommend this tour for people needing to get out more and get moving! Plenty of potty stops too! For all of you Seattleites - When was the last time you visited your own city?

For out of towners, this is the tour where you can experience feeling like a local! We had a people from the Philippines and Hawaii on our tour and they seemed just as pleased as we were.

For locals that are entertaining guests from out of town, this is perfect for "guest sitting." The tour takes most the day and includes public transportation so this is a good way to have your guests start their stay - unless of course you’re giving them wheels. Ooh - how not green! And... when they return to your home, they'll be well exercised and full of great things to tell you about your city. All this while you go about your almost guilt free work day. Most important when your guests finally leave, they'll have experienced Seattle like a local and they didn't get sick of you in the process. LOL Our next guests will be walking with Immersus Tours on day 1.

9  Thank Gyda L
Reviewed June 2, 2012

Yesterday my friend and I took a great tour with Mike Daugherty. We saw lots of the out of the way places plus landmarks of the Seattle area: Green Lake, Wallingford, the Gas Works park, Fremont Lenin statue, Fremont brewery, the Fremont Troll and the chocolate shop where one could eat all the samples that they wanted. Mike was extremely knowledgeable of the areas plus very entertaining. He was one of the best guides that I've had doing tours. It was a good walk so comfortable shoes are important. So, if one is up for a bit of walking exercise (a little over 4 miles) and a good guide, I highly recommend this tour.

12  Thank krazykath
Reviewed April 2, 2012

This was a great tour for anyone wanting to see beyond downtown seattle. Katie was friendly and very knowledgable. It rained for most of our tour but Katie was upbeat so we didn't really mind. We learned a lot about some of the neighborhoods and made a stop at the Might-O for some great donuts and coffee.

15  Thank Angela R
ImmersusTours, Owner at Immersus Tours Walking Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2012

Thanks Angela, we at Immersus are happy you had a great time with Katie! It encourages us to keep going! Cheers!

Reviewed February 24, 2012

My wife and I were looking for a walking tour of the non-touristy neighborhoods around Seattle and we would highly recommend Immersus. Our tour guide Antonio was very personable and knowledgeable. We not only got to walk through some great neighborhoods, but also an organic donut shop tour along with an organic brewery tour/tasting! We also learned the key bus routes from downtown. Overall a great tour and great exercise!

16  Thank John H