“A fabulous quirky place”
Review of Lakeside Bistro - CLOSED

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: S 115th Place
Transit: West Hill Route 107
Description: Lakeside Bistro is a culinary destination featuring the cuisine of French Colonial Vietnam. Owner/Chef Michael Le presents exciting fare with personalized service, clever ambiance and a range of entertainment that attracts patrons, musical artists and aficionados worldwide.Drawing from his own French and Vietnamese heritage, Chef Le has developed original style steaks, seafood, soup, and salad dishes all prepared fresh to order. His wildly popular signature Garlic Filet Mignon Sizzling Hotplate, is a version of Colonial Vietnamese "Shake Shake Beef." Or, if you prefer, the same filet can be grilled to order and served with seasoned potatoes for more Continental tastes.The Bistro's bay-window Kiosque a Musique features the best of live music artists on Friday and Saturday evenings, specially suited to enhance your dining experience.
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The food is great, dinner better than the buffet brunch. Prices are very reasonable, portion sizes are large, and the menu eclectic. Sure, it's Vietnamese, but you can get steak and mashed potatoes, or halibut, or Southern Style BBQ ribs. The cooking is creative, innovative. The place has an odd shape and it's small, but it's a fun, friendly place and worth going out of your way for.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Very good food and wine at a very good price. Small and intimate. Excellent jazz band. Well organized service.My husband and I enjoyed every minute on a Saturday night. A very nice surprise.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

My husband and I tried the bistro for the first time on Saturday. It's easy to find on Rainier Avenue - not the most scenic area, but the food and music make up for it. They have jazz music that starts at 7 which was a pleasant way to enjoy our meal. Our waiter was very friendly, took the time to explain the dishes and offer suggestions. Tim, the general manager, stopped by to see how we were doing. Timely, attentive service. We started with a delicious pork lettuce wrap that was not only huge but absolutely delicious! Loved all the fresh veggies, noodles and the sauce with chopped peanuts was divine - could have been a meal itself. For dinner hubby had the sizzling garlic beef filet which he enjoyed and I had the yellow curry chicken. Tons more veggies in a slightly sweet curry sauce with tender chicken. We couldn't pass up the Crispy Banana Caramel Cheesecake Xangos for dessert - with fresh ice cream - so good... absolutely worth trying! Reasonable prices - we'll definitely be back.

Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

We tried this new restaurant out today as it was in the Entertainment book and we thought it was time to use the book. The Lakeside Bistro is close to the south tip of Lake Washington. We ordered their signature filet mignon. It came sizzling as promised, and the beef was very tasty. The seafood delight was absolutely wonderful! I loved the coconut curry sauce! The Le family recipe egg roll is not to be missed. The mango smoothie and deep-fried banana cheesecake were equally delectable. We were definitely happy to have found this wonderful little restaurant. Michael Le, owner and chef, took the time to come and chat with us. My 6-year old daughter left the restaurant saying, "I love that place!"

1  Thank Sunset007
Reviewed August 9, 2013

A friend invited me to join her and a few other friends out for dinner and to listen to some jazz.. I relocated here about seven years ago and have driven pass this place numberous times. I was greatly surprised at the entire dining experience. The general manager came out to seat and meet our group of eight. Our waiter was very nice and knowlegable about the menu and offered great wine parings with our meal selections. We all ordered several items from the menu. Beautiful five star presentation .and every bite was a sensation for the mouth. Every dish was exceptional. The three piece band was surperb. I'm planning on hiring the for a private party. Recommend to try this place.