“Great place”

Ranked #12 of 28 Seattle B&B and Inns
Friendswood, Texas
“Great place”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

This was my first time at a Bed and Breakfast and I was initially hesitant. But, the owner of the place made it so pleasant and memorable that I will go back and stay there everytime I visit Seattle. Thanks to the great care given by the owner (name withheld on purpose).

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Satya K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Placentia, California
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Another excellent stay with Tina at Mozart Guest House. Tina is extremely accommodating with all her amenities. The food is delicious and Tina is so accommodating to our diets. She is truly a wonderful host and I would recommend anyone to stay here when up in the Seattle area. Thank you Tina for a lovely stay. - Kim and Beverly

Room Tip: Any room compliments the charm and quality of the house.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Silver Spring MD
Reviewed January 3, 2013

The owner was very thoughtful in providing a generous gluten-free and lactose-free breakfast. Also, in telling me about the bus route that would get me right where I needed to go downtown, and home again! And, the night before, reserving a taxi to get me and my luggage to the train station in the morning, even letting me know when it arrived a few minutes early. A friend with a car came by and had no difficulty parking in the neighborhood.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank margietoday
Harrisonburg, Virginia
Reviewed November 20, 2012

My wife's comment, as we strolled out into the Capital Hill rain to a fine dinner at the Coastal Kitchen, was that she considers this the best B&B at which we've ever stayed. Tina is clearly devoted to the satisfaction of her guests, and goes to great lengths to find out what they want or need. If guests want to socialize, she is a great storyteller (with tales of Russia), but she also seems interested in her guests stories and passions. I'm certain that if her guests want to be left alone, she would provide that, as well. Lots of original art, eclectic of theme, fills the living areas and guest rooms. The music theme is finely developed but not overwhelming - there is a piano in the living room, a classical guitar in the dining room. We stayed in the Magic Flute Suite, with a very comfortable bed, a huge walk-in closet, and a lovely bathroom. Breakfast featured lots of baked treats, fruit, and either omelets or french toast croissants - all delicious!

We can't wait to revisit Seattle, so we can stay here again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank REES C
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I came across Mozart House as a traveler stranded in Seattle by Hurricane Sandy. I had coupons for airport hotels but wanted to see more of Seattle. I am so happy I found Mozart House and so grateful for Tina's last minute accommodation to take me in. Her croissants are out of this world delicious and the coffee was perfect. The bed was very comfy and I was able to get much needed work done with internet while staying in touch with family out East. Thanks to public transit, it was very easy to get to and from Mozart House from the airport. Just take the Light Rail to Westlake and the #10 Bus to East Prospect. House is less than a minute walk away in a beautiful, safe neighborhood that is within walking distance to restaurants and coffee shops.

I hope to return next time I visit Seattle and will be recommending it to anyone else I know who plans to visit the area.

Room Tip: All rooms are beautiful. The king size bed room has a private balcony.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Elle-B99
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Some of the reasons to choose Mozart: the owner is really friendly and accommodating, she cooks fabulous breakfasts, the best we had in a month in the US of A ; the house is gorgeous and in a really interesting and historic part of town: the bus stop is 50yds from her door and a really easy way to get around town (parking expensive and limited in centre ): walking distance to local shops and restaurants if you dont want to bus it : reasonable price even a little cheaper than other B&Bs in the area: a wealth of local knowledge, gave us information on a park a 5min walk away that was lovely, Bruce Lee and Brandon Lee are buried in the cemetary adjacent to the park.( just extra info for you in case you like kung fu): the house is full of interesting pieces of artwork . You will love your stay here... have the french toast with fresh raspberry compote for breakfast ... yum

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank katysparkle123
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed September 25, 2012

My husband and I loved Mozart Guest House and innkeeper Tina. This B & B is in the Capitol Hill area of Seattle... lovely old mansions, charming and quiet close to all that Seattle has to offer. Tina is a lovely host, welcoming and warm. She is a fabulous conversationalist, smart, funny we toally enjoyed out time with her. The decor is eclectic and FUN...every time you turn a corner you discover something new that tickles your senses. The room we had was the smallest in the house (only one availbe for our dates) didn't detract one bit...our stay was FABULOUS!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple