“Great first-timer hotel”

Hyatt Place Seattle/Downtown
Ranked #36 of 102 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I would highly recommend this hotel for someone's first visit to Seattle. You're walking distance (2 blocks) from the Space Needle and the associated attractions in that park. There are a TON of food and drink options between the hotel and the water. And if you don't mind walking, it's an easy walk to the Farmer Market, first Starbucks, and all that.

Hotel is very nice, staff is great, some of the best hotel staff I've ever seen, they run themselves ragged helping people.

The free breakfast is very good. But get there early, it's BUSY.

Hotel location is great, it's an easy ride from the freeway, straight down Denny St. to the hotel. Parking is a little weird, we couldn't find the lot, I don't think it's marked very clearly, if at all. You drive past the front doors to a ramp going down into the lot. There are a couple of spaces for checking in, park there, take the elevator to the lobby, check in and get your card, go back down to your car, back out of the space you're in to where the card reader is, swipe your card and the gate opens to the lot. You can park in any HOTEL GUEST spot.

The rooms are very nice, spacious 2 room layout with a desk and a sectional couch.

It was a bit pricey, but it was comparable to other downtown Seattle locations. Overall, we really liked it and would stay again.

1  Thank Steve K
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Place Seattle/Downtown

Reviewed May 27, 2014

Location is very convenient to the space needle and they provide a free shuttle to anywhere within a couple of miles. The breakfast space was too small for the number of hotel guests, but the food was good. Rooms were clean, but the bathroom was really small (space for shower, toilet and just enough room to open/close the door. Staff was very friendly. I did not like how they delivered a news paper to the room and then later in fine print on the bill said they would refund $1 if the newspaper is refused each day. That is a bit underhanded and probably not worth the pennies of profit to annoy guests.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Hyatt place downtown Seattle was great. The first thing I will say is the people working there were very friendly and helpful.
The breakfast each morning was great and kept us going right through to lunch and past, saving us time and money.
The location was super, within walking distance to downtown, pikes market, the space needle, science center and much more. We did plenty of walking but when we needed the shuttle service was always available.
The 24 hour shuttle service was so excellent, fun and a real money saver we used it many times.

Room Tip: There was a choice of rooms. We choose the room with a king bed. The pros: The room had a mini...
3  Thank Dave A
Reviewed May 14, 2014

I have always thought that the Hyatt was out of my budget, I am a very simple person I do not need to feel pampered. When I look for a hotel I look at accessibility and comfort at a reasonable price. My husband and I went on an overnight getaway without the 3 year old child. It was the first out of town one ever. After a reasonable drive with a breakdown and a 2 hour wait for the tow truck and a five minute fix from my handy husband we finally made it to the hotel with secure parking and the most amazing welcome. Our room was ready and comfortable without a lot of extra steps to get comfortable. The front desk was efficient and knowledgeable. Not only did our room have a sitting room large shower and a refrigerator.... But the front desk gave us a room with a view of the space needle, so that we could enjoy our romantic stay even more. They shuttled us to dinner and back and anywhere we wanted to go. We also received a handwritten welcome and thank you card from the front desk. It was better than we could have expected. I will definitely be staying at the Hyatt properties where ever we go.

Room Tip: Let them know what you prefer.
1  Thank Stacie H
Reviewed May 14, 2014

We frequently stay at Hyatt Hotels and was anxious to see how this hotel held up. Check in was easy and staff was very friendly. We had a room on the 8th floor, overlooking the downtown area. The parking is $20 extra a night and underground, so prepare for that. Hotel itself was very clean and all staff we encountered was friendly.
We stayed the first night on points and when we got the bill under our door the next morning, they had charged me an extra $58. Went down to the lobby to inquire and they had inadvertantly put that charge on my bill. Good thing I checked on it or I would have been charged. At the last minute, found out that I needed to stay another night, so I used more points to settle in. I had to inquire about a shuttle to the airport and they stated that they had shuttle service to the airport and it would be $35. I told them that my plane left at 11:40am and the staff told me that I would need to leave by 9am, as it would take a while to get to the airport on a Monday morning. Left the hotel on Monday at 9am and arrived to the airport at 9:20am. No way should I have ever left that early. Driver told me that he should have picked me up an hour later. Also, found out that if you pay for the shuttle with debit or credit card, it's $5 extra. Was never told of that, so the driver didn't charge me the extra.
Overall, nice hotel, but watch out for the little things. Check your bill and be sure to find out all of the extra fees on services. I will be back, but will be mindful of what I have already encountered.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank arizona2004
Reviewed May 6, 2014

The Hyatt Place in Seattle is in a convenient location, and has some great amenities. The rooms are large and spacious and the staff are helpful. It can also have some amazing views of the Space Needle, which I always enjoyed.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

Amazing hotel, amazing staff.
Upon check in staff asked about my stay. I explained that my son was a heart transplant patient and we commuted out of state for his care. From that moment on the staff treated us like royal guests, no better, like family.
They comped our dinner I ordered after our late arrival, asked about our appointments and treated my lil champ like a true champ.
On the Eve of Easter when if got to buy candy for our eggs and my son was asleep the desk staff offered to run to the gas station store to get candy! Who does that!?!
If you are looking for a hotel near the space needle (I've stayed at a few in that area) this is the best one.

• Stayed: April 2014