“Enjoy it everytime!”

Hyatt Place Seattle/Downtown
Ranked #35 of 103 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed April 26, 2014

I enjoy my stay every time here. Cleaner, newer hotel near the Space Needle. They offer a free shuttle within a mile. Front desk staff has always been friendly and helpful. They offer a free breakfast with a lot of variety

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank vickimood

Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

I want to like this Hyatt Place and rate it higher, but for a vacation to Seattle its too far from the heart of downtown Seattle and the waterfront. I would prefer a downtown hotel on Pine or Pike, as that area is active and busy day and night.

The Hyatt Place is a couple blocks walk from the Seattle Center and Space Needle, as well as adjacent to the Belltown neighborhood (not much interest for tourists here), but next time I'll stay downtown and simply ride the monorail from its Westlake terminus directly to Seattle Center. It would be more convenient and fun.

This Hyatt Place is relatively new, very clean and all the staff were friendly and attentive to our needs. The rooms are spacious and the free daily breakfast was fine. Sleeper sofa bed is a standard uncomfortable affair and our closet was a weird, small space. But the regular king bed was comfortable and the room located in a quiet corner overlooking the downtown area to the southeast. Cardio room is a very small afterthought with four machines and a rack of free weights and the indoor pool nonfunctional.

Parking is charged daily, which I did not care for. But the Hotel provided a free daily shuttle to destinations within a one mile radius, which compensated for its inconvenient and somewhat remote and isolated location from downtown (to be fair, the Hyatt Place is only a 15 min walk to Westlake Center where the big department stores and hotels are located and a 20 min walk to Pike Place market, but they are uninteresting and lonely walks through urban residential Belltown, with a couple sketch homeless service shelters in the area).

If you need to walk to the Seattle Center, this place is ideal. Otherwise, as a visitor to everything else Seattle has to offer, I'd probably stay elsewhere and in the heart of downtown next time, even though the rate could be higher.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
6  Thank JasminedogLosAngeles
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I traveled with 2 other people for business in the local area. The hotel was within easy walking distance of the Space Needle, some local eateries, and offered a free shuttle within a mile radius (which is great for Pike's Market Place).
Very friendly staff and very helpful. Nikki went above and beyond to recognize & greet me by name each time I arrived, or came down by the desk. Her Customer Service skills were exceptional. She took time to talk to me, and treat me like I was a welcome guest - not just a face going by. Amazing!

Dan was very welcoming, also - as was Clint. Always greated us with smile and warm greeting. Clint is an excellent bartender, as well!

My only issue with the hotel itself, was the mattresses need upgraded, as each of our was pretty sunk down and too soft. The bathroom lights are too dark. I think brighter CFL's would be a great improvement.

Room was clean, breakfast was very good (and free!).

I would recommend and also stay here again. Thanks for a great stay!

Room Tip: Pick one with a view of the Needle (although you look more at Apartments being constructed)
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 18, 2014

This boutique hotel is within easy walking distance (3 blocks) of the Space Needle. Like most Seattle hotels, there is also a complimentary shuttle to transport guests within a 1 mile radius of the hotel. Complimentary tea and coffee are available in the lobby all day. In addition, the complimentary breakfast features fresh eggs, fruit, and a variety of bread/pastries, with an actual chef on staff.

Each room has small sleeping and seating areas, as well as walk-in shower, mini refrigerator and coffee maker. The large screen TV is situated oddly in the room, between the seating and sleeping areas, making it somewhat difficult to view from either area. Another oddity is the minuscule bathroom, where the oversized shower doors make it awkward to enter the shower. However the rooms are clean. Some rooms also have views of the Space Needle, which is very pretty at night.

One caveat, especially for business travelers; I asked for a wake-up call and didn't get it. Luckily I have a great internal clock, so awoke before the scheduled time, but I would be hesitant to rely on the front-desk staff.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HaveSuitcaseWillTrvl
Reviewed April 13, 2014

I travel to Seattle for work periodically, and my recent visit confirms I'll continue to return.

Pros:
Very friendly and helpful staff. Check-in was efficient and pleasant. Multiple times during my stay I was thanked for being a customer.

The rooms are large. The facility is super clean. Everything still seems new and up to date.

I like the location. For me, it was a pleasant walk to downtown, with interesting shops and restaurants in the vicinity. It look like the streetcar line between Lake Union and downtown was just a few block east.

Cons:
Parking at $20 a day seems really steep for the area. It's not exactly downtown.

Bathrooms are quite small - fine for one person traveling alone, but for a family, I would see a challenge.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Sitting in bed awake at 4AM for the second night because we can hear every word the people next door say. Asked to move after the first miserable night when the neighbors kept us awake from 3AM to 5:30AM, but was assured they were checking out and that the staff would put someone quiet in the room next door. Obviously, that didn't happen. Clean hotel and friendly staff, but if you value your sleep, book elsewhere.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 4, 2014

Stayed for 5 nights. The room is spacious. Bathroom is quite small though. Overall I am quite happy with the room. Free wifi, free breakfast and free shuttle to downtown. I actually walked back to hotel most night instead of taking the shuttle. I also like that guest laundry, ie washing machine/dryer is available. Very handy! Fantastic service from front desk too.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo