“Lovely hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Langley City, Canada
“Lovely hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here on a Sunday night. We booked a king room through Expedia's 40% off mystery hotel. The hotel and room were lovely! I was very surprised with the size of the room and especially the size of the shower! The free shuttle was a bonus as well although it does only travel 1 mile away from the hotel. The staff were super kind and knowledgeable. The breakfast selection was amazing!! Probably the best hotel breakfast I have had! So many choices, and healthy ones too! I think the only down side to this hotel was the $20 a night for parking!! I think that is a BIT steep, although I did like the fact that parking was gated/underground so all our stuff was safe. If I'm back in the Seattle area, I will stay here again!

Room Tip: ask for a room with a nice view, we looked at a car wash sign... not so nice.
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

There are lots of things to like about this place. Rooms have the sleek, contemporary look characteristic of Hyatt Place. The location, an easy walk to the Space Needle and many good restaurants, is extremely convenient. Staff members were pleasant and eager to please. Parking is covered and secure. The room was clean and neat. I like the Heating/AC system. It's a little more complicated than most, but it provides excellent, personalized control of room temperature.

Then why three stars? Noise. We had a top floor room, facing east, away from the Space Needle. In our living area we could hear conversations in adjoining rooms. In the bed area we could hear traffic and train noise throughout the night. During the day, the traffic is slow moving and not much of a problem. However, at night heavy-footed drivers with loud mufflers really let loose. I ended up sleeping on the pull out sofa bed in the living area.

The only other negative concerns the sanitation around some of the breakfast food. Bakery and cooked times were placed on counter tops uncovered. Overall the display was varied and visually attractive but uninviting to the germ conscious guest.

Parking and tax added $41 to the $93 room cost. Ouch!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Space Needle may be quieter than those facing East, rooms ending in 02 and 04 are f...
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Snowmann42
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for a weekend with friends, we were very impressed. It was great value with friendly service. The free shuttle service around down town was really helpful on our rainy weekend. A huge room & tasty breakfast. Highly recommend!

1 Thank Matthew W
Bavaria, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I had to find a place to stay in Seattle for three nights and I was weary because of the low cost per night. My room was on the top floor looking out at the Space Needle and it was amazing. The bed was comfortable, the TV was huge and had a cool media panel where I could connect my laptop to watch movies. The only downside was not having a bath tub, but there were other rooms with tubs available for slightly more. Night life was within walking distance as well. The staff was very nice and helpful, providing maps to walk to places that were nearby. The fitness room had enough to keep me busy, and there was a smaller pool that I didn't get a chance to use. This hotel would suit just about anyone. The breakfast was healthy and amazing with a great selection. This was hands-down the best hotel I've stayed in at this price point. Don't hesitate to stay here again and again if you're in Seattle.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor with a room that has a view of the Space Needle.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Dennis914
Columbia, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

The best breakfast and the shuttle were pluses! Got it through Hotwire. Had a problem at check in that the young man refused to help with, since we were Hotwire customers! It must have been the same guy who some other person wrote about because he made me feel like booking through Hotwire was a bad thing! After a call to Hotwire, Denise solved our problem. Very nice lady. The room, beds, shower were great. Asked for a late checkout since our flight was leaving at midnight but they were only willing to give me till 1pm. Great location! No hotel security that I saw and we had a problem the second night we were there. The police were called. It did not involve any in our party, they were just bystanders but it was very scary. The police, however, assured us that this was a very safe place. All in all, I would stay there again.

Room Tip: We were on 2nd floor and didn't hear much noise at all. We had a corner suite and it was big!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Provo, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

What should have been an incredible time in Seattle, turned into a hotel hick-up that left use questioning our choice of places to stay.
We booked our anniversary trip to Seattle so we could spend some time with our daughter and son-in-law and still get a couple of days of R&R before returning to Utah. As is my approach, we first checked Hotwire and then Hotels.com and booked the hotel with a significant discount (around 100 dollars per night). Upon our arrival at the ferry dock, we were picked up by shuttle (a great service of the hotel with which we had no problems) and taken to the hotel. Hyatt Place was clean, modern, and had a breakfast buffet that would appear to most travelers.

It rained during the entire trip so we found ourselves coming back and forth to our room the first day. The room was great, the shower exceptional, and except for being on the 2nd floor above a very busy all night gas station, we were thrilled with the accommodations.
The first BIG problem was that the maid service didn't bother to clean our room until after 4 p.m.
When I mentioned it to the front desk (a younger-looking desk clerk) he looked down at our reservation and said, "well our staff gets busy on weekends." Okay, I accepted that, but then I followed up with a request for a late checkout the following day since there was a six hour difference in our flight and the Noon checkout time in the hotel.
The man responded (even before I offered to pay for the extra couple of hours), "Late checkout is reserved only for "premier" members, and not available for those who book on Hotwire.

Boy, did he let me know what "class" I was in. Then, although most likely not related to that particular exchange, on checkout day we were awakened by the cleaning crew at 8:10 am. So much for some quiet time on a Sunday morning.

The shuttle was incredible. The property is close to Pike's Market, the Space Needle, and two malls. Light rail is close, the Monorail travels from the Space Needle to the Malls and is two short blocks from the property. We enjoyed our stay but regret the service from maids, and from the classless man at the front desk.

Room Tip: Ask for a floor above the second and if possible away from the gas station.
    • 3 of 5 stars
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

I've stayed a number of times and keep coming back.

Positives: rooms are large and comfortable, staff is very friendly and helpful, lobby area is spacious and great to use for small group meetings/conversations, and the monorail is nearby for easy access to the city core.

Negatives: $20 daily parking fee seems awfully high, traffic and road construction make the area around the hotel really difficult for access.

Overall though, I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012