“A wonderful birthday retreat!”

Sleeping Bulldog Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 28 Seattle B&B and Inns
Simi Valley, California
“A wonderful birthday retreat!”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Some years ago my husband and I started staying at B & Bs because they were more personal and offered the opportunity to meet fellow travellers. I chose the Sleeping Bulldog for my 60th birthday "getaway" after checking out Seattle B & Bs. The name drew me in...bulldogs are some of the most amazing "people".
Before we arrived I got some good advice on visiting Seattle, this was my first time to visit.
When we arrived we were greeted with fresh baked cookies. Our greeting was warm and welcoming. We felt like we were at home.
Korbey, Randall and "Mojo" are perfect hosts.
Our room was amazing - what a view of the city and harbor. We stayed in the New Orleans room. Every detail of our room was perfect. I'd say it was the best sleep we've had in a long time.
Breakfast was a delightful surprise every morning. The food was amazing and I ate every bite.
The location is perfect...nice view of the city and in a quiet neighborhood just minutes by car or bus to downtown.
Thanks for an amazing birthday weekend!! I would recommend the Sleeping Bulldog for your next stay in Seattle. We will definitely be back!
Susan

Room Tip: There is no fitness center or swimming pool on the property. The New Orleans room has a wonderful v...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank CaseyCat1204
sleepingbulldog, Owner at Sleeping Bulldog Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
And we can't wait to have you back, Susan! Thanks for choosing to spend your 60th birthday with us, and I hope we were able to make it a truly memorable one. From the three of us (Mojo included), we really do appreciate all your kind words and compliments — it was a pleasure to have you both, and we look forward to your next visit!

Korby K.-Owner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Bend, Oregon
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I had to do a quick trip to Seattle for an appointment and found the “Sleeping Bulldog” bed & breakfast. I had looked for a place near down town, and I prefer guesthouses or B&B’s over hotels/motels. I am very glad I chose the “Sleeping Bulldog”. The location is great, I walked to down-town in less than 30 minutes. I walk fast, but it is not too far and public transport is very close if you chose that option to reach downtown. The view is great, the neighborhood nice. But best of all are the very friendly reception and introduction to the house and rooms. The comfort and amenities are amazing – all the luxury of a very good hotel, managed at the most professional level, but with a great feel of home. Very cozy, very clean and modern, very friendly and accommodating, very good and plenty of food, snacks and drinks. Homemade foods and snacks made by a great chef! Try not to miss a great breakfast, but if you do, a nice packed snack bag is even prepared! I travelled by car and did not know my way around Seattle, but the location is easy to find from the freeway (I-5). This is the best B&B I have ever stayed in and I would recommend it to anybody visiting Seattle, as a tourist or for business. Many thanks to Korby and Randal for a very nice place and great service.
Sabine Schmidt

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Sabine S
sleepingbulldog, Owner at Sleeping Bulldog Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
We're excited to be at the top of your list of B&Bs, Sabine! To hear you describe us as professional, friendly, and accommodating is just so rewarding for Randal and I — we love what we do, and I'm glad it shows. Thanks so much for recommending us, and we hope your next visit to Seattle isn't too far off!

Take care,
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I love the idea of B&Bs - the warmth, the fabulous breakfasts, etc. I don't get to travel/stay at them often. When I found the Sleeping Bulldog on Seattle B&B, I thought, "this looks great." Great doesn't describe it. Not at all. The rooms are fantastic, we had a wonderful view. The guys have thought of everything - so many wonderful, subtle touches. I have NEVER seen the detail anywhere before - not even in nicer hotels. Complimentary snacks and water bottles! Korby and Randal are wonderful and made our brief overnight stay an experience - and a wonderful one at that. I would strongly recommend this B&B to anyone who's looking for a lovely little retreat near downtown Seattle (it was maybe a 15 min bus ride to Pike Place Market). So much care and attention to detail. Thanks Korby and Randal!

Room Tip: New Orleans room has fabulous amenities and a great view
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Julie T
sleepingbulldog, Owner at Sleeping Bulldog Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Couldn't have said it better, Julie — ours isn't just a bed and breakfast, it's an experience! All those little things are just our way of showing how appreciative we are that you chose to stay with us. Thanks for the review, and try not to stay away too long!

Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Probably the nicest B&B (with the nicest hosts) I've stayed in. The guys seem to have thought of everything - and went out of the way to be helpful.
Great rooms, facilities, and breakfasts. Complimentary snacks and cold drinks always available.
Only a few minutes from regular bus routes.
Thanks very much Korby and Randall - recommended to all.

Room Tip: At least one room has views over Seattle
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Peter S
We appreciate the recommendation and the kind words, Peter. It was absolutely our pleasure to have you, and we welcome you back the next time you get a chance to leave New Zealand!

england
Reviewed October 14, 2013

The Sleeping Bulldog is by far one of the nicest B & Bs we have ever stayed in. It is immaculately clean, very homely and welcoming and provides a calming environment to relax in after the hustle and bustle of Seattle. The view of the Seattle skyline from the New Orleans room is amazing. The breakfasts and cookies are delicious. Korby and Randall have thought of everything to make your stay perfect. We would have no hesistation in recommending The Sleeping Bulldog and wouldn't even consider staying anywhere else in Seattle.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank fussypersonEngland
sleepingbulldog, Owner at Sleeping Bulldog Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
We do like to provide a contrast from the hustle and bustle of Seattle, so it's nice to hear that you found our B&B to be a welcoming place to retreat after a long day. It makes us so happy to know you'd recommend us that highly, and I hope to see you again if your travels ever take you back to Seattle!

Aurora, Illinois
Reviewed October 7, 2013

This is one of those places that you want to keep to yourself. It is that wonderful. However, that being said, Korby and Randall have a B & B that is a must stay in my books. Location is five minutes away from 5 and 90 so if you have a car you can access either highway. Parking is free and ample unlike staying in the city. If a car isn't for you then you are a 5 minute walk or less to public transport. An added bonus is that Korby was a transit employee and can tell you how and what bus to take anywhere. I haven't even gotten to the food or amenities. Wonderful. We stayed four nights and every breakfast was varied and wonderful. Loved the sheets on the bed, homemade cookies, Mojo the bulldog. The day we went to Boeing we were unable to be there for breakfast and Korby packed us a breakfast in a box. What more could you want. You won't regret staying. Enjoy. We did and we will be back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Holly G
sleepingbulldog, Owner at Sleeping Bulldog Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
It's nice to hear you say we're a "must-stay" B&B, Holly — Randall and I really do appreciate the great feedback. Thanks for pointing out how close we are to the highway and public transportation. We think it adds to the overall experience when you don't have to worry about the headache of getting around. Can't wait to see you the next time you're in Seattle!

Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Stayed here for a couple of nights last week and wish it could have been longer.
The room was perfect with everything you need, coffee maker in the room with cold drinks in the fridge and the home made cookies were just delicious.
The breakfast was just fantastic.
Many thanks to Korby and Randall for making my stay so enjoyable even with all the rain.
If you want an excellent evening meal try 'THATS AMORE' just 20 minutes walk up the hill from the house.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank john p
sleepingbulldog, Owner at Sleeping Bulldog Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
You'll have to stay twice as long next time! We very much enjoyed having you, and I'm glad your visit was memorable despite all the rain. Great recommendation of That's Amore Italian Cafe for dinner, by the way. We hope you don't stay away for too long!

Take care,