“Great Staff! Loved the valet parkers”

Courtyard Seattle Downtown/Pioneer Square
Ranked #42 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Kirkland, Washington
“Great Staff! Loved the valet parkers”
Reviewed August 9, 2010

I stayed for business for two days. My room was not huge but perfect for one. The staff was excellent and the valet guys were just the best - they offered fast, friendly service and definetely earned their tip. My only complaint was the alarm clock in the room wasn't set to the right time and I couldn't figure it out. I also found two hairs- one on the alarm clock and one in the tub-yuck! This hotel is in walking distance to Quest field, Safeco field, Pioneer Square. Just be careful of the street people-I saw blatent drug use in broad daylight and would not have felt safe walking to Safeco field for the Mariners game by myself, even before dark.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
  • Polish first
Georgia
Reviewed August 6, 2010

When I walked into this hotel I was warmly greeted by the staff. I was given a room on a high floor and told that I would have a view of the water. I was even told what time to expect sunset that evening. Later I enjoyed watching the pink sky and the beautiful view from my room. The hotel is in a wonderful old building and the staff are familiar with the property and the history of the area. They seem genuinely pleased to be there.I did not expect my room to be ready upon my early arrival, but it was. The room was very nice, free internet with no problems. I had chosen this property due to its proximity to the AMTRAK station as I left for Vancouver the following morning. It was perfect for that as it was a short walk from the station. The bistro on the property was very nice and there are several coffeeshops nearby. I asked about milk in the small "store" in the lobby and they were out. The clerk told me where I might be able to find it or offered to have the bistro pour a glass for me since they were sold out. I enjoyed my stay there very much and wished I had booked the earlier night there as well.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank BeingGreen
Austin, Tx.
Reviewed July 28, 2010

i usually don't expect much from new hotels. This one exceeded my expectations.

It is located near some great sites. We walked to the pier, the market, shopping, coffee, and the stadium. The hotel was quiet and the room was comfortable.

I was a bit annoyed that we had to use valet. There is no self parking. However, the valet service and the extra help they provided is what made this hotel so great. Our rental had a flat tire we hadn't noticed. The valet contacted us of this problem, put us in touch with our rental company, and went out of their way to ensure that we were properly taken care of.

We were in town to run the marathon. The hotel was prepared for us and gave us excellent suggestions for dinner and told us how to get to the race area. When we ran too slow, they allowed a late checkout without an extra fee.

I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Brigitt H
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed July 22, 2010

It's rare that I gush about a stay at a major hotel chain. But our experience at the very new (opened less than 2 months) Marriott Courtyard in Pioneer Square was just excellent. Friendly front desk staff, stylish "wired" Bistro with outlets and TVs in the booths, top-quality cardio machines in their 24-hour-access fitness room. We had one issue with the room, an annoying flashing LED light from the sprinkler that gave the effect of waking up after passing out in a disco (Okay, I made that up). We mentioned it, and by that night there was some duct tape covering the light. That's service!

My only issue was that their wireless speed is pretty slow, so I went over to the excellent Seattle Public Library (about 8 blocks away). But the hotel wireless was free, and it worked well enough for email and basic browsing, so not really a big issue.

The Bistro really is pretty great as well -- Starbucks coffee, plus lots of breakfast options. Happy hour looked good too, although we didn't try it.

We'll definitely stay here again on our next trip, awesome location as well.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Tacman1123
houston
Reviewed July 17, 2010

It was my first time in Seattle without renting a car. I took light rail from the airport. It only took me $2.50. The Pioneer Station is only one block from the hotel. Bus stops are just near by within one-block radius. And it's free to ride a bus in downtown area. All major attractions -- restaurants, stores, etc. are within walking distance. My room was very clean and well equipped with modern gagdets. Air conditioning worked super well and was down the precision to 0.5F. And it felt great sleeping in thick duvet with so many pillows on my bed. There's a radio clock with iphone charger. And I found it very convenient. Staff are super friendly and helpful. They are very eager to help with any questions regarding where to go and what places to take a bite/drink. Business center in the lobby is convenient. Computers across the front desk link to major airlines. I checked in my flight and printed out my boarding pass there. Gym open 24hrs, well equipped. I used their pool. It was nice and clean. I have yet to check out the Bistro. This hotel is the best choice for business travellers. I will definitely stay there again next time.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank RDThompson
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed July 8, 2010

This Courtyard is within walking distance of all the major downtown sites of Seattle including Pike's Place Market, the Space Needle, and the Sculpture Garden. The historic building has been tasefullt renovated, though as one of the shorter buildings in the area, don't expect a great view. While I usually like self-parking, the $26 charge for valet was quite reasonable and the car could be pre-ordered so it was always waiting curbside when I needed it. All in all, this is a standard Courtyard with a great location right downtown. If you're looking for simple, safe, well located, and a good price, this is your hotel in Seattle.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tiger02trip
Twin Falls, Idaho
Reviewed June 24, 2010

This hotel recently opened in the renovated Alaska Building one block from Pionner Square. The building, being completely renovated, is pristine and new on the inside. The location is great as it is one block from the bus/train tunnel which gives you easy access to the Westage/Downtown area (Pikes Market) and the stadiums. You can ride the train from SeaTac airport ($2.50 per person) compared to the $40 taxi ride.

You will find all the typical ammenities for a Courtyard hotel. The staff is extremely friendly and go out of their way to help. While checking in one of them spent time showing my son how to use the large, interactive touch screen in the lobby. The rooms are very quiet at night- you will hear typical big city street noise during the day but did not hear the neighboring rooms at all. Great black out curtains too! We had a corner room which give you lots of lot and appear to be on the larger size.

I would be a little cautious if you receive a room on the back side of the hotel below the 8th floor. Your view will be of a brick wall or alley - these are room #01-02 and 17-21. The back half of the hotel is brand new and added to the bulding. If you can be on floor 9 or above you will have no issues. The other rooms will have a street view regardless of the floor you are on.

The pool is on the smaller side and was extremely cold the day we stayed. The Bistro is nice if you need a quick bite to eat.

For the price and easy access to the sites and airport via the train system I would definately recommend this hotel is Seattle.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family