Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.com$161
Hotels.com$161
Courtyard$161
Travelocity$161
Priceline$161
Vio.com$161
All reviews pioneer square light rail homeless people amtrak station pike place market corner room front desk staff bay view across the street valet parking would stay here again walking distance high floor couple blocks coffee maker fitness center downtown
Selected filters
Reviewed May 7, 2019 via mobile

As a Titanium Elite member, I usually receive decent service at Marriott’s. A “Thank you for being a T.E. member,” and an upgraded room at times. Instead, I was greeted with, “Can I see your ID?” When I asked if a certain credit card were on file for this stay (it should have been as it was reflected on my Bonvoy app), the man at the front desk read off some number that I knew was not mine. When I asked him, “Are you sure you’re in my profile? I checked in via the app,” he assured me he was. I had to hand him my credit card as I didn’t know what number he was referencing. On top of that, when I asked if they were able to honor an upgrade, he appeared confused, then said, “No, we’re full.” No free market item or extra points mentioned. It’s obvious this facility doesn’t value its clientele. I will not be returning.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank gl549
David K, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Seattle Downtown/Pioneer Square, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I sincerely apologize for the reception you received by the front desk. This is certainly not our standard of service. I have forwarded your comments to our Front Office management to follow up and provide additional training to prevent this from occurring.
I assure you we do value our Elite members and I am so sorry that our staff did not recognize you for your loyalty to Marriott.
I do hope you will give us another opportunity in the future.
Regards,
David

Reviewed May 6, 2019

The Good: We visited Seattle for the Tulip Festival and finished up with some sight-seeing downtown. The Courtyard Marriott has an excellent location on the border of Pioneer Square. Centrally located for pretty much everything downtown. We walked to the Pier and had excellent meals at several restaurants very conveniently located. One of our tours picked us up directly from the hotel. The rooms, and beds in particular, were very comfortable. The Bad: This is a Marriott. It's a nice hotel, but it is not a luxury hotel. Our room was over $300 per night. Which was high for the quality, but fine because of the excellent location. Unfortunately, there is also no realistic overnight parking options. Because we had been touring the Tulip Festival, we had a rental car. If we stayed downtown Seattle again, I would probably drop off my family at the hotel. Return the rental to the airport and then take the light rail train back to the downtown area. Parking at the hotel was valet only and $40 per night and then of course, you also tip the valet. So, at a minimum, your stay is going up 15% a night. Quick word of warning - when using the valet, there is a bike path between it and the hotel. You really have to keep your eyes open or you will get hit by a bicyclist. Luckily nobody in our group got hit, but it is not the most safe valet location. The Ugly: Lobby and interior of the rooms were typical, nice Marriott. However, some of the rooms (our room was one of several) exterior windows face an old (abandoned?) building with broken windows, graffiti, etc. Horrible view so make sure you are picky when choosing the room. Also, it has a heated pool but it is not well-taken care of and really needs an update.

Room tip: Avoid rooms facing the next door building.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank FamilyTraveler70

Thank you for your review, I am happy you enjoyed the location. We recently underwent a full renovation so the mattresses and box springs are all new. I am glad you found them comfortable. Our rates fluctuate seasonally with the demand in the market. Generally our rates are lower than most others in downtown Seattle. Being that we are an historic building, we do not have a parking garage in the hotel so we must lease garage space on the next block, hence the valet only option. Parking is at a premium in all of downtown Seattle, so I always encourage guests to use public transportation if they can do without a car while visiting. I sincerely apologize for the view from your room. The rooms on that side of the building face another brick building and therefore obscure any city view from that side on the lower floors.
I appreciate your comments and I hope you will stay with us again in the future.
Regards,
David

Reviewed April 30, 2019

We were in Seattle for a concert and stayed at the Courtyard. This is a beautiful hotel in the heart of downtown. All the staff that we spoke to were all very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. We used the valet service and were please how fast they retrieved our car from their secure garage. The price for valet is about the same as what all hotels in this area charge, if they have parking. The room was clean and the king size bed was very comfortable. We were on the 8th floor so we did not experience the noise that other reviewers complained about. The room isn't huge but it was big enough and very cozy. We had a little hide-a-bed sofa that was place right in front of the very large flat screen that offered all the cable tv options AND Hulu and Netflix. The room also had a microwave and refrigerator, which came in handy for late night snacks, and coffee for the morning. We ate breakfast in The Bistro, the food was good and the menu offers a nice assortment of choices. I would recommend this hotel and I would stay here again.

Room tip: Try and get a room on higher floor to avoid street noise.
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Carol M
Reviewed April 15, 2019 via mobile

Great location for a quick visit to Seattle. Close to the harbour, restaurants and shopping it is ideally located. The room was comfortable and the staff were lovely. Peter from housekeeping was especially impressive, going above and beyond to meet the challenges of my scent allergy at the hotel. Would recommend.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank NFGal
Reviewed April 13, 2019 via mobile

This hotel is very conveniently located in downtown Seattle. The building feels a bit old, but I think it's a historic building. Room was nicely done, but mine had a terrible view of a dilapidated brick building. Alternative view is the waterfront which is very nice. Small pool and gym in the basement. Friendly staff.

Trip type: Traveled on business