Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.com$161
Hotels.com$161
Courtyard$161
Travelocity$161
Priceline$161
Vio.com$161
All reviews pioneer square light rail homeless people amtrak station pike place market corner room front desk staff bay view across the street valet parking would stay here again walking distance high floor couple blocks coffee maker fitness center downtown
Selected filters
Reviewed September 7, 2016

Very convenient location. Nice place to stay and very courteous service. We stayed here after our return from a cruise. It was less expensive than many other locations but still very nice. It is a block away from the light rail, has a hop on hop off trolley stop a block away and is close to all sorts of food, beverage and attractions. It is only about a mile down the street to Pikes Place Market.

Our room was very clean and the service staff extremely friendly and facilitating. Our only complaint was the traffic noise. Being on the tenth floor, I was surprised at this. That being said, it wasn't enough to ruin the visit or interrupt our sleep.

There is a modest yet well supplied fitness center so that made us happy. We didn't try the pool but they have one. It looked a bit green so we weren't too interested in jumping in.

They have a bistro and serve Starbucks coffee in the lobby area and WIFI is free and fast and there were no issues there.

Overall, this is a nice place to stay if you don't want to go broke and still want to be near everything. We recommend staying here if you are in the area for a visit. It is a good value and it does after all carry the Marriott name!

Room tip: Recommend higher floors
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
David K, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Seattle Downtown/Pioneer Square, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2016

Thank you for your review! I am happy to hear you enjoyed the hotel and the location met your needs. I have forwarded your comments regarding the pool to our maintenance chief. We do test the water daily to insure the proper chemical balance. Perhaps the lighting and green walls gave the illusion of green water? In any case, please be assured we will follow up.
Thank you again for your comments and we hope to have you stay with us again in the future!

Reviewed September 4, 2016

The hotel was conveniently located and provided a comfortable stay. The room was modern and spacious. I drove in and the process was very smooth and seamless. I was happy to get the double room with sofa bed. The front desk agent was very efficient and very helpful with restaurant suggestions. Retrieving the car for check out was very easy, just a text message and the car was waiting outside. The only thing that was a bit odd was the car drop off upon arrival and the car pickup upon check out. When I pulled up upon arrival, what seemed to be a supervisor or manager greeted me and took my information and gave me a ticket. I wanted to tip the hiker but never did see him. When I departed the hotel the same supervisor/manager was there. A hiker was there to assist me with my bags and I tipped him but he didn't have my keys. The same manger that was there for the arrival was there again to confirm my car and give me my keys. It seemed like he wanted a tip but I had tipped the hiker and I generally don't tip management personnel. He provided excellent service but the process makes it difficult to tip the hiker. In general the hotel was great. Rates are a bit pricey, as much as a 4 star hotel in New Orleans.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
David K, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Seattle Downtown/Pioneer Square, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2016

Thank you for your review. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the hotel and the service. Our valets all work on a tip pool so no matter who you tip it goes into the pool and is split evenly among them. Our rates are seasonal and we are just coming out of peak season so they will be more moderate in the fall through spring. We appreciate your comments and we hope you will stay with us again in the future!

Reviewed September 2, 2016

This Courtyard Marriot is located conveniently in Pioneer Square with walking distance to many tourist attractions like Pike Place Market, Water Front, International District (China Town)...etc. The staff is friendly and arranged a different corner room after I told them I was not satisfied with the original setup. They are also very helpful when asking for directions and advices regarding the city and surrounded areas. They also quickly arrange us to have late check out as we are Marriot Reward members.

The room is spacious with modern style of deco. It comes with a small fridge and microwave, which are always nice to have. Seattle's Best Coffee was provided in the room and that's a bonus compared with the usually tasteless coffee prepared by other hotels. We are happy with the accommodation. $45 daily valet parking fee is required if you want to save the trouble of self-parking in the big city. Our room was in 3rd floor and I didn't hear the street noise too much.

Overall the service is good and the location is central. Room is satisfactory. We will stay again next time.

Room tip: Request a corner room at higher floor
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the hotel and the location worked out for you. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed August 31, 2016

Having just left Marriott's Delta Suites in Vancouver I was hopeful the service received there would continue to the hotel chain in Seattle. Unfortunately the friendliest of the staff were the Valets. The "Bistro" closes for hours at a time and there is no room service so you must go outside the hotel for food unless you want to eat from their "pantry" - not a huge deal in the event you do not need to work on business in your room because it is crunch time and your boss needs everything now. The street noise is an issue as well. Even though we were on the top floor car horns and traffic can be heard. If you are a Marriott Gold members in this hotel it means nothing...we asked for a late check-out and happened to be called by an extremely rude front desk clerk asking "Can you tell me when you plan on leaving our hotel?" At their Delta location we could tell them what time we wanted to check out, at this hotel - we asked, we were told "yes", then it felt like we were getting kicked out - and rudely! I would save my money next time and go elsewhere. Never mind the points I will not get; the money I will save and the harassment I will not get will be worth it.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
David K, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Seattle Downtown/Pioneer Square, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2016

Thank you for your review. I sincerely apologize we did not meet your expectations. Our Bistro is open for breakfast and dinner only. Room service is not a standard for the Courtyard brand. There are some delivery services and I am sorry the front desk was not more helpful in that regard. I have forwarded your comments to our Front Office Manager, there was obviously some breakdown in communication. You should not have been made to feel as if you were being kicked out, that is unacceptable and we need to correct that behavior. I assure you this is not our normal standard of service and I hope you will give us another opportunity in the future.

Reviewed August 27, 2016

We were upgrade to a large room on the 13th floor with a view of the ferries coming and going. Surrounding area isn't the best, but it is only a short walk to the waterfront restaurants. Just wish there was better soundproofing.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
David K, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Seattle Downtown/Pioneer Square, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I sincerely apologize for the street noise you noticed in your room. When the building was renovated as a hotel we were prohibited from changing the windows in the room due to the historic nature of the building. We were able to add double paned glass but not change casings around the windows, therefore they do not seal as tightly as modern windows. There is a new section of the building in the back which is much quiter but unfortunately does not have as nice of views.
We appreciate your comments and hope you will give us another opportunity in the future.