Courtyard Seattle Downtown/Pioneer Square
La Quinta Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown(Seattle)(Great Value!)
$139
$449
$259
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Seattle Downtown(Seattle)(Great Value!)
$126
$133
$119
$149
  • Restaurant
All reviewspioneer squarecourtyard marriotttypical courtyardlight railhistoric buildingcentury link stadiumsmith toweroffice buildinghomeless peopleamtrak stationpike place marketsafeco fieldwithin walking distancecorner roomking street stationfront desk staffacross the street
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We got lucky they didn't wake us up at 8 AM doing renovations. They said oh looks like we upgraded you to the waterfront side. That really meant looks like we put you right where the construction is going at 8 AM in the morning and you really can't see the water because of the scaffolding. It ended up being great it rained the only day they would have done any work on the outside of the building. The customer service was o.k. and the room was clean. It was not the best service I have had and the one surprise was the elevator and the way it was handled. We were headed up to the 14th floor and all of a sudden the elevator started to shake. Now this was a new experience because all of a sudden it stopped 4 floors away from our floor on the 14th floor. It was shaking and making some crazy sounds. My wife about passed out and I hit the open door button and heard people talking outside the door. The inner door opened and when it did the outer door broke and was stuck. I ended up prying the outside door open even though the metal support was broken. My wife kept hitting the emergency button but no one called. We hurried out and called down and they acted like it was no bid deal. hahahaha it was to us but it made for a great future story. The elevator was down the rest of the day and we left so we never found out what had happened. Location for this hotel was perfect though and I would stay here again but would look for the seal on the elevator before getting on next time.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Pixtonian
OwenLeinbach, Manager at Courtyard Seattle Downtown/Pioneer Square, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Pixonia, thank you for sharing your experience while at the hotel. Shaky elevators are never a planned occurrence and your good nature about the situation is most appreciated, yet the lack of perceived concern by our staff is not and has been addressed. Renovations are only being conducted on the weekdays so no noise interruption will be found on the weekends, which is what I hope our desk staff conveyed at your check in. Repairs to the elevator included replacing an aluminum brace with steel so it cannot be bent and should prevent any re-occurrence of this issue for you or other guests...again thank you for your business and decision to give us another try!

Owen Leinbach
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed March 24, 2014

The location is decent if you don't mind a bit of a walk to get to Pike Place or downtown (about 10 blocks). We had family of five (3 kids 10,8,5) and inlaws. The kids didn't love the walk, but I enjoy it. There was outside construction, but didn't affect us on weekend stay. It was daunting driving up with all the scaffolding blocking the entrance - but no big deal. The front staff was very friendly and attentive, no wait. The valet is pricey $30ish. The front desk mentioned $12 closeby park yourself - but it was too late at that point as we already had the valet going. The hotel lobby has been updated and is modern looking. We checked in early, noon-ish and they had rooms ready to give us. He gave us corner rooms which are 'bigger', I'm not sure if this is because I am Gold elite. I would have liked high floor as requested, but can't complain since they let us in so early.
Room - Nice and modern. Has fridge. There were no sheets/extra pillows in room for sofa bed, but I called down and they delivered them in about 2 minutes flat - seriously! I always request extra towels and extra feather pillows in my room request - but this never seems to happen. I'm sure I can call down, I just wonder if they ever follow your request? Anyway, again we got checked in early, so who knows if that would have been taken care of.
Pool - this was small, but wasn't too cold and the kids enoy it regardless. about 3ft8" to 4ft"4 deep.
Elevators - safety function, as they require you to insert your key.

My only main complaint - and to me this is a biggie - is no free coffee in the lobby. The room coffee is always poor and I don't care to use the Bistro. I guess being in Starbucks capital, it would at least be nice to offer this as a perk for people staying at the hotel - or even 1 free cup to Gold members. Sorry, I really think that is to be expected.

Again the front desk was great in suggesting Planet Java for breakfast. This was great breakfast place. Kids loved it, they offer milkshakes all day.
We would stay here again -if I could convince my kids to enjoy the walking!

Room Tip: There are some high floors with a view. The Corner room is a little bit bigger. But the TV can't be seen by both the king bed and sofa area.
1  Thank Brooke G
Laura S, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Seattle Downtown/Pioneer Square, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay at the Pioneer Square Courtyard. I’m glad you and your family enjoyed your stay, even with the 10 minute walk to Pike Place Market! As you mentioned, we do not have the bedding in the rooms for our sofa beds, but we are more than happy to bring them to the rooms, along with any other requests. Courtyard recently changed their brand to no longer have complimentary coffee in the lobby. We still do have the complimentary coffee in the guest rooms and now offer Starbucks coffee and tea in the lobby for purchase, however I can see how it could be disappointing to no longer have the complimentary coffee available. Planet Java is a great option for breakfast, and only a 5 minute walk from the hotel. We hope to see you again soon on your next Seattle visit!

Reviewed March 22, 2014

This was a really interesting place to stay. The building is an old heritage building and is currently going through an outside facelift. We stayed on a Saturday night, so it didn't affect us at all, since all the renos are taking place during business hours.

Rate
We got a package deal for $189 that included parking, breakfast for 4 and a 2pm checkout. That was a really good deal, considering parking downtown is around $30 and our breakfast was easily worth $50+.

Room
The room was clean and had all the amenities we needed. Beds were comfy. The only complaint I had was that we were facing 2nd Ave. and the soundproofing wasn't that great. I find that typical in downtown Seattle though, so it wasn't that much of a surprise.

We ate dinner at the restaurant in the hotel and it was really good. The kids thought it was neat to have a booth that had our own personal TV! Our included breakfast consisted of our choice of a beverage (including Starbucks coffee!) and either two cold items or one hot meal of our choice. It was a great value. The hotel has a snack store in the lobby - Starbucks for purchase there, too. Very expensive - so watch out. $2+ for a candy bar. OUCH!

The service here was great. Speedy valets to get your car. Speedy and friendly check in. Great staff in the restaurant. They provided umbrellas to use when it was raining. It was all good.

Pool and workout room
My family used both and were very satisfied.

Location
The location is great to be in the center of whatever you may have planned. We walked to a Sounders game, plus were still within walking distance to the Great Wheel. It wasn't as close to shopping like I've been in the past, but it's still a great choice for a location.

Parking
The valet parking is a bit of a pain, because you don't have the comfort to go back and forth to your car to load/unload items at your leisure. I could see this being a deal-breaker for some people, especially during busy times. We were lucky that the hotel was dead.

I think I would come back here with my family if I got a good rate, and maybe if I could get a quieter room next time.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for your detailed review of our hotel. I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. As you mentioned, we do have a great restaurant, The Bistro, open for breakfast and dinner, as well our fitness center (open 24 hours) and an indoor pool. Even though we are in a city area, please feel free to give us a call ahead of time and we can try to keep you in a quieter room for your next stay.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

Courtyard at Pioneer Square met all my expectations from the warm welcome of the staff, to a comfortable room with nice linens and good restaurant attached. I was in Seattle for Business and I found this a lovely place to land each night after long, long days. The hotel is centrally located so I was able to see some of the sights of Seattle in my very limited spare time. This hotel felt much more upscale than you might expect for a Courtyard. I loved the renovated old, building. It had lots of charm and all the model comforts.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and it was a home away from home! We hope to see you again on your next visit to Seattle where you can see more of the sights!

Reviewed March 10, 2014

We loved the suite. The bed was top quality. The bathroom was better than good. Lots of room. A dining room table and chairs. A loveseat and chair, with a hassock. A nice desk area. Microwave and a small, empty refrigerator. There is a Starbucks across the street, so the below average in-room coffee service has a close alternative. We bought a bottle of prosecco from the lobby's small refreshment area. Beware of the $27 valet parking though.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Laura S, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Seattle Downtown/Pioneer Square, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Thank you for your review of the Pioneer Square Courtyard. I’m glad that you enjoyed your suite. As you mentioned, valet parking is $28 plus tax for an overnight stay. Although our valet parking will be the most convenient, there are other parking options nearby, for example other parking garages and street parking. We hope to see you again soon!