Courtyard Seattle Downtown/Pioneer Square
  • Pool
$304
$162
Orbitz.com
All reviewspioneer squarecourtyard marriotttypical courtyardlight railhistoric buildingcentury link stadiumsmith toweroffice buildinghomeless peopleamtrak stationpike place marketsafeco fieldwithin walking distancecorner roomking street stationfront desk staffacross the street
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We have stayed at Courtyard Marriot hotels with positive experiences and this another of the same. The room was surprisingly quiet given the busy neighbourhood and staff were friendly and attentive. We chose this location because we wanted to be close to Century Link Field which is a relaxed 15-minute walk away. We also found many unique, eclectic shops and eateries in the area and had no concerns walking around despite some cautioning us about some of the local residents (who might be homeless but we found to be friendly and of no concern). Parking is valet only but it is well worth it as you have in/out privileges and have no need to worry about your vehicle's security. Staff bring the car to the front quickly when you need it. Might cost a bit more but easier than finding local parking. My only criticism is the overly-attentive housekeeping staff who woke us at 8:00am wanting to clean the room...then did the same 30 minutes later. We advised the front desk who were sympathetic and apologetic. Our advice (not theirs)? Make sure you put a Do Not Disturb sign out if you plan to sleep in, just to be safe. We recommend this hotel if you are attending something at Century Link or Safeco, or even overnighting an Amtrak trip (the station is also in walking distance). If you plan to play tourist in the central downtown area or around the Space Needle, it might be too far south for easy access - unless you have good shoes and plan to do plenty of walking. This will be our hotel of choice now for future Whitecaps games in Seattle. A pleasant stay.

Room Tip: If you plan to sleep late, place a Do Not Disturb sign on your door to avoid over-attentive housekeeping staff.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Laura S, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Seattle Downtown/Pioneer Square, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! I will definitely pass on your comments about our housekeepers, but as you mentioned, having our Do Not Disturb sign on the door will be the best way to not be disturbed in the mornings. Hope to see you again on your next Seattle visit!

Reviewed October 10, 2013

I've stayed at other Marriott Courtyard locations (Tukwila and Portland) and have been very pleased so it was a no brainer to book this one in Seattle for a night out with family and friends. We had a few hiccups in our stay that were resolved effective and efficiently by the GM. The hotel is in a great location, very clean and a great price. I will definitely stay again and recommend the other locations as well. Thanks Marriott for your excellent customer service.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your comments. I’m glad to hear that even with a “few hiccups” you were able to enjoy your stay. I will pass on your great comment about our GM to him as well! We all look forward to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

This a very nice hotel in the restored Alaska Building. Rooms are very nice and hotel is very close to the stadiums. Parking is a bit difficult so use the valet service. The bistro has limited hours but there are plenty of restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: September 2013
Laura S, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Seattle Downtown/Pioneer Square, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2013

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay with us. I’m glad that you enjoyed your stay. Although there are a couple of options for parking in the area, our Valet Parking is definitely the most convenient, as it is operated 24 hours and guests have complete in and out privileges. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Very pleased with the service, amenities and room. Price is better than others in the immediate area, and having stayed at others, would come back to Courtyard based on price/comfort/location. I would also note that the restaurant on the first floor (The Bistro) was a reasonable priced casual spot with good food.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your positive comments on the Pioneer Square Courtyard. I’m glad you enjoyed the hotel and the Bistro. We will see you on your next visit to Seattle.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

We made relatively short-notice plans to stay in Seattle for a couple of days before visiting a nearby college our daughter is interested in attending. It was tough finding a relatively inexpensive hotel that was relatively close to the sites we wanted to see.....Pike's Market, Underground Seattle, EMP museum, Space Needle. The problem was that very little was available downtown on the dates we wanted.......largely, I think, because it is a September weekend and also because there was a Seahawks home game on Sunday. Bottom line is we lucked out booking our stay at the Courtyard Seattle Downtown/Pioneer Square hotel.......and I am glad we did!

We booked the hotel through Hotels.com. We had the choice to get the room with or without breakfast.....we chose to get it WITH breakfast. That was a SUPER great deal. For the four of us it only cost an extra $20 per day for the breakfast and we didn't get some plain continental breakfast with bagels and cold cereal. It was full-on breakfast, made to order and served to us. I would bet we would have paid $12 to $15 PER PERSON if we would have had the same breakfast out somewhere. Definitely a killer deal in my opinion.

The hotel was also very comfortable, quiet, and modern. It is obvious they have.....and are continuing to.....done extensive upgrades and modernization. The technology amenities were nice (TV, Wi-Fi, etc.) were all top notch.......the Wi-Fi was free and was higher quality than I have seen in many hotels and I travel for work quite a bit, so I have seen the good, bad, and ugly. This was good.

Proximity to sites we wanted to see was great. We left the car parked with the hotel valet and just walked. Pioneer square and the underground Seattle tour was less than two blocks away......and an eclectic little site that we enjoyed. The one end of the waterfront area (south end) is about 4 blocks away and then there is about a mile+ of waterfront shops and restaurants from there. Pike's Place Market is maybe 7 or 8 blocks away up the hill.....always one of my favorite places to visit when in Seattle. Great food, local artists, fresh produce and flowers, coffee, good beer.......its all there. A bit more of a jaunt is the Space Needle. I would say from the hotel it might be 1.5 mile walk, plus or minus. We just walked to Pike's market and then on up to the EMP museum and Space Needle.........then rode the monorail back which cut the walk back in half.

Lastly, the staff were just great.....super nice and helpful. Everything from getting us extra shampoo to checking our bags on our last day while we were out playing around.

Bottom line is the next time I am in town, I will look to stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the alley if you want it quiet like I do. When traveling, I could care less about a view.....
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay with us. It seems like you thoroughly enjoyed your stay! As you mentioned, we are in walking distance to many of Seattle’s attractions. We will see you again on your next Seattle trip!