“Romance is in the air”

Ranked #42 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Tustin, California
“Romance is in the air”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

My wife and I had a very enjoyable stay here at the Courtyard. We chose the Courtyard because of it's location. It seemed to be in the center of everything we wanted to see.
Upon arrival, staff was friendly and professional. The lobby was small but classy and nice. There is a small store with drinks and snacks next to the check in desk, which was overpriced (not unusual).
During our stay we noticed that we spent a lot of time waiting for the elevators. The elevators were dated and really small but not a big deal. Just expect to wait longer than usual for the elevators to arrive at your floor.
The rooms were really nice! We were really happy with the decor and style. The rooms had a modern, romantic feel. Definitely the perfect place for couples looking for a nice getaway. The ceilings were high and the windows were tall, which gave the room a really nice look. Our king size bed was one of the most comfortable beds I've slept in, no joke. I had a good view of 2nd street but if you are lucky, you will get a room high up that enables you to see the harbor sunsets.
My wife and I took walks down the harbor every night at sunset. Absolutely beautiful! This is only 2 blocks from the hotel. We also took a boat tour and rode the ferris wheel. I recommend visiting the fish market in the morning when it's the busiest. It's fun to see fresh fish flying over everyones heads. Also, for sports fans, the Century Link stadium and Safeco Field is walking distance from the hotel.
Our vote for best food goes to Fado's restaurant and bar. We ate at Fado's twice during our visit because the food was so good. Walking distance from the hotel (only 1 block), I promise you will not be disappointed.
Best place for shopping is just a short cab ride ($8), or long-ish walk to Pike street. Convention center also located in that area.
Overall, I would come back to the Courtyard Seattle for sure. Rekindle the flame with that special someone. We had such a romantic vacation that I would recommend to all couples.

Room Tip: For a good view, ask for a high level room facing 2nd street. If you are high enough, you will be ab...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Maikolo
OwenLeinbach, Manager at Courtyard Seattle Downtown/Pioneer Square, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Many thanks for allowing us to host your romantic get-away. I am pleased you found our location to just right, for you two and that our faclities helped create a memorable trip. We look forward to your return.

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
  • Polish first
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I stay in this hotel regularly because it is convenient when I travel for work. Everyone on the staff is amazing from the front desk to the cleaning staff, to the cafe. The hotel is incredibly spotless....However I would not stay at this hotel if it weren't the best location in relation to work. They renovated an old building and the windows are single pane--which means that even on the 13th floor you can hear EVERYTHING outside. One morning we recently woke to someone with their car stereo blaring. My co-worker on the other side of the hotel heard the same car stereo. You can hear garbage trucks, people yelling after seahawks games, cars, horns...I understand it's downtown in a major city--but it's WAY too loud to be acceptable. This is not new york city...for the first time in my life I have started using ear plugs when I stay at this hotel. It's a beautiful exterior, but PLEASE consider upgrading the windows.

Not only that, but the beds are the most uncomfortable beds I've ever slept in. There is absolutely no give. I would borderline say that sleeping on a floor is more comfortable.

So I would say it really depends what's important to you. Some of the rooms are good sized while others are smaller than average, but again, they're clean, free wi-fi, very convenient, and the staff is incredible. I just think I've had my last stay based on the noise and the horrible beds.

Room Tip: staying on a room near the top does not help with noise, it only makes the wait for an elevator long...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
OwenLeinbach, Manager at Courtyard Seattle Downtown/Pioneer Square, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thank you for your patronage and sharing your comments on your recent stay, both very much appreciated.

Brea, California
Reviewed October 18, 2012

It was my first time to Seattle so this was a great central location. I walked to everything...restaurants, Westlake Center, waterfront, etc. The hotel was very clean and modern on the inside, great gym with nice equipment, indoor pool and the rooms were decent size with plenty of drawers and a little closet space. Didn't eat much at The Bistro but had their oatmeal in the morning. DELICIOUS!!! The staff were very friendly and helpful. Always smiling and saying hello. I would recommend this hotel to others traveling to downtown Seattle.

Cons: noise from street even though we were on the 7th floor, valet parking at $34+ a day

Room Tip: Choose one in the back. Heard it was less noise than being on the street.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Many thanks for taking time to share your experience while in our care. Your compliments are most apprecitated and we look forward to your return.

Wyoming
Reviewed October 11, 2012

My husband and I planned a last minute trip to Seattle and everything was booked due to Monday Night Football being in town but we were able to get a room here with a three night stay.

The hotel is just down from the Light Rail so it was really easy to get to from the airport. The lobby is open with a big interactive tv with maps, weather and other info on the wall - nice touch. There was a very friendly guy at check-in that asked us what type of superpower we would choose if we could. My husband was confused but I thought it was hilarious. He also gave us some good suggestions for nearby places to get a late bite to eat. Hotel located in a good location near Pioneer Square (which is kind of a divey area but fun) and walkable to Pike Place Market and lots of shops and restaurants.

Our room was on a high floor but just looked across the street at an office building. It was a typical Courtyard room, although it is newer and nicely decorated in bright colors and the bed is very comfortable. Our room was very quiet and never heard a sound from the hallway (and the hotel was full) or outside. The bathroom is nothing spectacular. We did leave a note for housekeeping each day asking for an extra pillow and never got it -- but they did take the daily tip so they had to have seen it.

The restaurant (we only ate breakfast there) is the newer Courtyard concept where you order at the counter and they bring you your order. You have a choice of tables or booths with individual tv's which is kind of cool. Our breakfasts were very good. The bar has limited hours and is mostly used by hotel visitors, but it is fine with a good selection and prices.

Would stay here again for value, location, good front desk service and comfortable beds.

FYI -- the hotel has a town car that will drive you for a flat fee.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
OwenLeinbach, Manager at Courtyard Seattle Downtown/Pioneer Square, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Many thanks for your complete review. I am pleased you found our location, amenities, and our friendly staff to your liking. Your concern regarding the delivery of an additional pillow is one I share and will address with our housekeeping staff to ensure we execute according to your wishes. Many of our associates have English as second language so in the future; please call the desk in the event a request has not been fulfilled via a written request. We look forward to your return!
UK
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Great hotel in a great location - only 10 minutes walk from the centre of downtown, Pike Place Market and the shops.

I was given a King Corner room on a high floor as I requested and it was massive!
I was disappointeed when I arrived that the room wasnt ready - especially as a Silver Marriotts Reward member I had requested an early check-in, but was told the people in my room were having a late check-out and so it wouldnt be ready til after 4pm - however, it was worth the extra wait!

I had a fridge, microwave and tea/coffee facilities. sofa - just fantastic!
Rooms were very clean. Bathrooms were spotless and supplied with plenty of towels.
House-keeping staff were great and greeted me with huge smiles each morning.

Other Staff were friendly, attentive and displayed excellent customer service skills.

Breakfast was lovely and very filling.

Would definetely stay here again if I was visiting Seattle.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank UKTraveller232
OwenLeinbach, Manager at Courtyard Seattle Downtown/Pioneer Square, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Your complements are much appreciated and I will be sure to pass them onto our staff. Thank you for your loyalty to Marriott and for your business on this trip. We look forward to being of service on your next visit in Seattle.

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Service was uppermost in the staff's mind, and it showed.

Check in was a breeze, request for a platiinum upgrade to a higher room with a view was granted.

Clean, a great location for walkers- up 1st for dinner, 15 minutes to Pike Place, 10 minutes to the Ferry landing. If you need to take the shuttle to the airport, it's a block behind (and uphil from) the hotel.

Would definitely stay here again, but as they say, although the neighborhood is moving upscale, there are still some skid row remnants. But did not feel unsafe walking around at night.

A tip for parkers: You can park for free on the street (at available parking spaces) from 6pm on Saturday through Sunday. If you have to arrive before 6p on a Saturday, there is a lot catty corner charging $6 for all day Saturday parking. This will help avoid the very high valet parking rate.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Travel_Synopsis
OwenLeinbach, Manager at Courtyard Seattle Downtown/Pioneer Square, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
First of all, thank you for your business! Your compliments to our staff’s eagerness to please is very welcome! We are fortunate to have a very engaged staff and this is truly our secret to creating successful stays for all of our travelers. Please come see us again when your travel plans include Seattle.

Kansas City
Reviewed September 25, 2012

In on business so only got to sight see in the evening but it was so easy we loved it. Easy access to lots of great eateries as well, most notably the Metropolitan Grill a block north and the Fado Irish Pub a few blocks NW of hotel. Hotel has valet parking at an arm and a limb price as do all downtown that I know of. $28 for valet, $6 for city tax, $2 tip all for parking but the attendants were super helpful. We did have to go around the block once as all of the curb parking in front of the hotel was taken (this is where you leave your car and turn over to the attendant). I had a 14th floor room with a view of the sound - never had a better view in any Seattle hotel I have stayed. Room was nice if a bit small for the $290ish a day rate (lots of city taxes added :(. Was clean and well kept hotel in all areas. Has an attached Bistro style bar/lounge that served very decent food. I would go back as long as is on company expense account...

Room Tip: Take a taxi!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
OwenLeinbach, Manager at Courtyard Seattle Downtown/Pioneer Square, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Many thanks for your kind review. We look forward to seeing you return when Seattle is back on your radar.