“best priced hotel in the area”

Courtyard Seattle Downtown/Pioneer Square
Ranked #42 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“best priced hotel in the area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2011

It was an excellent experience to stayed at this hotel. Nice room, with a big bathroom, great views of the city, near the market, restaurants and easy to eat places. Near the soccer stadium... clean.... nice place to stay, great services at the lobby by employees and the valet guys....

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
  • Polish first
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

Recently remodeled as a hotel from a former office building, with a few mid-20th century touches in the lobby. Very nice guest room with upscale bedding and amenities such as iPod player and flat screen TV with a personal welcome message. Nicely updated bathroom too. Spoke to the hotel assistant manager in the restaurant and it seemed a lot of thought went into the renovation. Some tables in the restaurant have individual flat screen TVs for personal viewing -- nice if you are a solo diner.

Good location if you are there for a baseball or football game -- easy 15 minute walk. Complimentary umbrellas in the lobby to use if you encounter rainy Seattle weather. Nice, friendly staff too.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TravelerfromNJ2
Vancouver Island, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2011

We stayed two nights. Booked through Expedia after reading all of the reviews. Overall this hotel is in a good location to walk around downtown Seattle. We used the valet parking which was convienient but $28 day. The room was as advertised. It was clean and modern with a nice king bed. Staff were very good to us. We were traveling with a 1 1/2 year old and had no troubles. The bistro at the hotel was pricy but tasty. I would stay here again. I did feel the rates were a bit high though and the pool was very small.

• Stayed July 2011
New England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2011

Take the light rail from Sea/Tac, $2.75 one way) it's stop #10, hotel is around the corner on 2nd Ave. Spent 6 nights, check in was early and easy. Staff recommended a good place to eat, it was ok. Room with king bed, dresser, flat screen, bath good size, ac worked very well, maid service was great. Had one meal in the hotel bistro, good food, and prices and service was great. Did notice a lot of take back to your room service.
Hotel is about a 15 minute walk to Pikes Market, we went every day for fresh fruit and bakery. Very busy on Sat/Sun, we did do some shopping for gifts, some unusual stuff.
Our room was on 9th floor, no view, didn't ask for one. We used Marriott points, and as has been the case in the past, the rooms with a view go to the cash customers. We would stay in this hotel and recommend it. Did not use the pool or exercise room. Parking is expensive, both at the hotel and on the street!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Travel Guy15
Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2011

I really enjoyed my stay here at the courtyard pioneer square. When I first checked in at 10 pm, the valet was friendly and it was welcoming. I didn't ask what floor my room was because I'm on a marriott associate rate and therefore not picky about anything. I had requested a king bed and high floor room, which is exactly what I got. I was on the 13th floor (there are only 15 floors) and it was a king. Perfect! I never expect too much due to the rates that I get at Marriott's but they treated me like any other regular rate customer.

As for the room, it was really nice. The walk from the elevator to the room was very close. Everything looked brand new and no smelly hotel scent. The lights were dim but I was with my boyfriend and it was a nice atmosphere. I wasn't expecting a fridge but after some looking around, there was a mini fridge in the corner hidden next to the closet. I really like fridges because whenever I go out to eat, I always come back with leftovers and it works better when I dont have to use my portable cooler. The internet is also free! There's wifi (great reception even on the 13th floor) or you can plug it in like I did. Very convenient. The desk was nice to work on and the chair is a comfortable ergonomic one.

Out of all the things about this hotel, I actually felt like my luggage and valuables were secure. I never feel secure usually. The HUGE difference between this and marriott waterfront was the safety issue. I had to store my bags and laptop after I checked out at courtyard. The front desk clerk made sure my laptop was safe in the safe deposit box (you get a key and the clerk gets a key, you need both keys to open that box) and she tagged all my bags not with a cheap sticky tag, but one with a string tag. She said that the storage area is video monitored and very safe. It was behind the counter in a room where I saw management staff walking around and that's what I really liked about it. The marriott waterfront's storage is actually right at the front entrance at the valet room and everyone walking into the hotel has a full view of all the bags. It was an awful feeling knowing that a stranger could easily go in and grab something. I wasn't even able to get a safe deposit box there and I felt bad using up the front desk clerks time because there were 7 other people behind me in line at the waterfront (understaffed obviously).....anyways enough about that, that's for another review. I didn't worry one bit about my bags at courtyard.

To wrap it up, I loved it here. Valet wasn't an arm and a leg and you can't beat the associate rate at this hotel. I'd love to come here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lag746
California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2011

My family stayed here for a few nights in the heart of Seattle. It is a very nice hotel in the middle of everything. The shops around Pioneer Square are great. It was within walking distance to Pike Place Market with more great shops and restaurants. It is within walking distance to Safeco Field, which is a great ballpark.

The room was pleasant and clean - what I come to expect from Marriott hotels. The price was reasonable, except the valet parking gets to be a bit expensive. Overall it was a great stay and would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Pick a high floor and ask for a corner room. Spectacular views!