“A Great Pineapple!”

Ranked #7 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
Brazil
“A Great Pineapple!”
Reviewed October 20, 2010

My partner and I stayed for 3 nights in October and we only have good comments about the hotel. For starters, wi-fi and parking are free. Free. The Maxwell is a brand new hotel located close to the Space Needle - one can easily walk there. The staff was helpful and friendly and fast!
The rooms are well decorated and clean, and we enjoyed the pineapple cupcakes and coffee served to guests in the afternoon.
When in Seattle, stay at the Maxwell!
PS. Seattle is GREAT!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (579)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Petersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 20, 2010

Reading through previous reviews on TA alerted us to the Maxwell Hotel, which we selected for our 4-night stay on the basis of the many favourable recommendations. No problems finding the hotel by car, although you must follow the driving instructions from I5 on the hotel website precisely as there are many one-way streets in the area.

We had been a bit concerned about limited parking spaces based on previous reports, but we needn'y have worried. The (free) underground car park has (approx) 50-60 spaces so there was never any problem getting a space during our stay. Yes the spaces are narrow by US standards, but we had no problem reversing our full-size rental car into a space.

The large lobby of the hotel is very strikingly decorated, with lots of bright colours and looks very stylish. There are lots of chairs and tables, but as there's no bar, there was no particular reason to provide so much furniture in this area. Check-in was fine and the receptionists were very helpful and friendly - really making us feel welcome after a long flight.

Our standard "Queen Aria" room was more than adequate for our needs, and was like the rest of the hotel, absolutely spotless and new looking with very attractive furnishings and decor. We also liked the little touches such as the popcorn and the microwave. The bed was extremely comfortable and we slept fine despite some jetlag.

The hotel has a free business centre with 2 PC's plus printer, which was extremely useful for making travel bookings and last minute research on things to see - a really helpful facility that all hotels should have.

The local area is very quiet (in a good way), but well located for easy access to I5, and on foot to the Space Needle/monorail. There is a (limited) selection of about 7 or 8 restaurants/cafes in the area plus some fast food places, mainly about 4 blocks to the west, so within about 10 minutes walk. There's also a Thai restaurant right next door to the hotel which was pleasant enough on a rainy evening. As the hotel building is still very new, there are some unopened retail/restaurant units on the ground floor facing the street, so maybe one day there will be more dining choices on the doorstep.

We would definitely recommend the Maxwell Hotel and hope to visit again one day.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gordon2112
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed October 19, 2010

I rented a king room for $130 with free parking. It was nearly as large as a studio apartment, clean, modern, and comfortable. The location on lower Queen Anne is a nice break from the hassles of downtown: quiet, but still walkable to good restaurants. The cavernous lobby and long hallways were a little empty, in fact the whole hotel reminded me a bit of The Shining, but I didn't see any blood pour out of the elevators :)

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed October 18, 2010

I spent a lot of time researching Seattle-area hotels and came across the Maxwell hotel on TripAdvisor. The reviews were great and after looking at other options, I found that the Maxwell was a bit more affordable for my budget. I made the reservation online and within 2 days, received a phone call, confirming my reservation. I really wanted a room with a view but there were none available when I made the reservation, so I included a note on the reservation form, explaining that I was coming into town for my birthday. A few days later, the manager called to wish me a happy birthday and also to let me know that he personally upgraded my room (free of charge) to a view-room. My original reservation was for two nights, but the day I arrived, the hotel offered a third night at an extremely discounted rate. I decided to stay an extra night and was really happy with my decision.
Upon arrival, there were pineapple cupcakes and coffee in the lobby which the hotel provides every afternoon. I thought this was a very nice touch. While the hotel isn't in the heart of downtown, the location is great, within walking distance from several restaurants, stores, etc. and just one block away from the Seattle Center. I went to a concert at the Key Arena one night and the hotel is just a few mins walk from the venue. McMenamins (a great Irish-inspired pub) is right next door - good food, great drinks, and great staff. We went every day for happy hour!
The rooms were wonderful -- huge tv, walk-in shower, separate sitting area, refrigerator, coffee, and popcorn. Comfy beds -- my only compliant would be the noise level. Because the rooms have hardwood floors, we could hear the people above us walking around, very early on Sat and Sun mornings. The hardwood floors are nice but it can be noisy.
Free parking and free wifi are hard to come by in Seattle so it was nice to have these amenities.
All in all, a wonderful hotel and I would definitely stay at the Maxwell again. See you at the Pineapple!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank alberta842
Berkeley, CA
Reviewed October 17, 2010

The website made it look great. But you get what you pay for. It was average. The thing that put me over the edge was the fact that the bedding smelled of dryer sheets or fabreeze or something and there was no way to get away from it. We had to switch hotels because it made me feel so sick. Our room was near the elevators and so we could hear them "bing" all night and people coming in and out of them. The decor was cool.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank MuffetMardi
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed October 13, 2010

The hotel was at a great location, quite area, esay access to Space neddle. the staff was excellent and very friendly and helpful. Very clean rooms with comfortable beds. Would stay again

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 12, 2010

Clean, elegant and great customer service. THE BEST BEDS I've ever slept in! Good exercise room/pool. I wish I could've stayed here longer.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family