The Maxwell Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel
$461
$423
  • Pool
2,964 results
All reviewscupcakespineappleseattle centerspace needlerock restaurantfree shuttlequeen annemicrowave popcornhardwood floorstommy bahamatoulouse petitdvd playerwalk in showerevery afternoonkerry parkwalking distancecomfortable beds
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Went down for New Year's as the Hotel is very close to the Space Needle. Free secure parking, super clean rooms, amazing Front end staff makes staying at the Maxwell so enjoyable. This is our second time staying here. Great tip was from staff was watching the fireowrks from the rooftop of the parking garage across the street. No big crowds to fend off, took our champagne along for a toast...it was wonderful! The Rock pizza in attached to the Hotel was good, service was slow but the food was very good.
Free shuttle to Pike place market was a bonus.A short walk to the Metropolitan Market for grocery needs as there is a small fridge in your room. ets are welcome also. Also try Pesos kitchen, amazing food.

Room Tip: ask for a view of the space needle if you can
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Woody B, Manager at The Maxwell Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Thank you for the review! We appreciate it very much!

Reviewed January 1, 2014

Stayed here with my husband and 2 sons age 9 and 10. We loved it....so many things, wished I had written the review earlier after the trip so I could remember more details. Mini cupcakes and coffee in the afternoons was such a treat. Great location, walking distance to lots of great thing. My fav was Metropolitan Market. Only a block away and I went at least twice a day everyday. Also was referred to yoga studio just a short walk away, I went 3 times, as the front desk. We utilized the free shuttle once to Pike Place market, we just not sure the boys would want to walk that far both ways. Great option to have. Loved having the mini fridge and microwave in room, we virtually had a little kitchen which was helpful since we stayed 5 nights. Rooms were good size and clean, modern which we loved. View was not good, could see the back parking lot but we were not expecting anything else and did not care. The pool was small but was still fun for our boys to get a couple of swims in. Nice comfy chairs for us to sit and relax while they swam. Free parking cannot be beat. I wish we could go back, we loved our little getaway in Seattle and this hotel was a huge reason why.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mariareier

Thank you for bringing the family and enjoying all of the offerings of the Maxwell! We are definitely here for you.

Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

I was in town to see family living in Queen Anne and to see the Pacific Northwest Ballet. Could not have stayed in a better place for that. Although this was my first time in Seattle my mom and sister always stay at the Maxwell so it's become home base when there.

The room was roomy and pleasant. The bed was wonderful, best I have had in a hotel in a long time. At first I was a little worried about noise coming up from the street/restaurant but then realized it wasn't as late as I thought it was (jet lag) and by 10pm everything quieted down and was fine.

The little cupcakes offered at happy hour are fun.

The pool is a lot smaller than it looks in pictures. Lap swimming is not really possible. But the pool room is decorated in bright colors and was nice to be in. Water on the cool side.

The front desk people couldn't have been nicer. They helped us plan our excursions, arranged a car service to take us back to the airport, and came up to the room to help out when we had tv issues (our fault not theirs). We used the shuttle and the driver was so friendly. In fact all of Seattle was friendly!

We were able to walk to walk or use mass transit everywhere. Great location. No car needed. The Ballet was just a couple blocks over. Space Needle, Chihuly, ENP, all right there.

One tip which may come in handy depending on your travel companions...no fan in the bathroom ;-). Also no tub, at least in our room, but the shower was good sized.

Will definitely be back!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Ginger1369

I'm glad that you enjoyed the hotel and were able to take in the Pacific Northwest Ballet. We are so close to these attractions yet far enough away to be quiet and safe. Thank you for staying!

Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

If you are a tourist and looking for a nice, clean hotel to stay in Seattle and if it is within your budget then stop your search an just book it. It has an awesome location 10 mins walk to the space needle and the EMP museum and 3 mins walk to the PNB (we watched the nutcracker). It has a unique and stylish decoration. They serve free fresh brewed starbucks pike place coffee in the lobby. They also have a mini espresso shop. They dont offer breakfast but happy to help you to find one. They lend free bikes. Parking is free and free high speed internet present. The room was clean. The staff was nice and attentive. They have courtesy shuttle to downtown but you can also take the monorail from EMP. There is a bar on the ground level that you can get late night food and drinks. Overall we were very pleased and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank msmsk
wbraden, Manager at The Maxwell Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2013

We are thrilled that you were pleased with the hotel and the surrounding area. We love offering freebies and it looks like you enjoyed all of the amenities. The Pacific Northwest Ballet does a tremendous job and is only a block away from the hotel. We hope to see you again soon!
Very best, Woody Braden

Reviewed December 22, 2013

I just stayed at this hotel the past two days. I chose it through Hotwire.com where I got a great deal. One of the criteria I used to choose the hotel was the on-site parking. Once I was at the hotel, I learned that the parking is very limited with an underground garage available on a first-come first serve basis. I was not able to park there the first night. I felt disappointed. I let the manager know about my experience and he immediately responded and helped me find a parking. I was impressed at the level of service from both the management and from the front desk personnel. The hotel is magnificent and the room is simply one of the best rooms I have stayed lately. It is classy, with elegant touches all over. The room had wooden floors, colourful walls, a huge bathroom, all the amenities, it is just an amazing hotel. Despite the parking situation during the weekends, I was told it is rare to find a hotel in Seattle (almost across the street from the Space Needle) which offers some kind of parking. I would highly recommend this hotel both for its beautiful rooms and its high level of service. I would certainly stay here the next time I am in Seattle.

Room Tip: Plan carefully for parking if the onsite parking is unavailable. There is parking around the area for $10-$15 for 10 hours. Street metered parking is free on Sundays. Park early on weekends.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

I'm so happy that I was able to take good care of you and get you all set up in regards to parking. We definitely don't like running out of parking so we provide it to our customer for free! It only fills up on busy weekends and concert nights as we have eighty or so spots. I'm so sorry for the inconvenience and it was our pleasure taking care of you. We hope to see you back with us again soon!
All my best, Woody Braden - Hotel Manager