“Nice hotel and great area”

The Maxwell Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel
Ranked #10 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed November 10, 2013

A nice modern hotel. Room was quirky and clean. Cupcakes and coffee in the foyer was a really nice touch. My only gripe was that the staff, while friendly, tended to be reactive rather than proactive in providing useful information (we had to ask about basics such as local transport, shops, etc.). Shuttle was handy but quite often booked out especially first thing in the morning.

Really loved the location. Such a nice area just outside of town. Full of cafes, pubs and restaurants. Excellent 24 hour supermarket/providores and pharmacy just up the hill. A lot more happening than downtown after hours.

Would definitely stay there again if ever we return to Seattle.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
wbraden, Manager at The Maxwell Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Thank you for the review and the feedback. It definitely helps us improve our service levels at the desk and make the whole process smoother. I apologize for the lack of information. I'm happy that you enjoyed your stay otherwise.
Warm regards, Woody Braden

Write a ReviewReviews (2,860)

Reviewed November 9, 2013

My company booked this hotel for me and I was expecting a fairly soul-less experience. I was very mistaken. It's very friendly, the rooms are huge and well appointed, there's a good pizza place right next door and it's a matter of a few minutes' walk to the Space Needle.

Nice little touches like coffee and cupcakes in reception were very welcome after walks in Seattle rain too!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

I'm glad that you were pleasantly surprised. We aim to please and I'm glad that we took great care of you. We hope to keep you happy and coming back.

Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

What can I say: great price, big clean room, free wifi, free parking, and good area. All the things that I want in a hotel and this was my second stay. There also some great restaurants nearby and an awesome piano bar. I will definitely be back soon.

Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Tyson M

We are glad that you appreciated all the complimentary offerings that we give our guests and enjoyed your stay with us. Come back soon!

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Everything here was great. Clean, newly finished rooms, free secure parking (though tight), nice lobby and helpful staff. If you have kids, note that the pool is a little small, and there's no hot tub. But all in all, we'd stay here again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: We requested a top floor room, which was very quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mark B

Good to hear from you and thank you for taking time out of your day to leave us such a pleasant review. We are glad that you like it here at the Maxwell and look forward to welcoming you back.
All my best,
Woody Braden

Reviewed November 6, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights and will absolutely return on our next trip to Seattle. After an extensive search, we booked the Maxwell hotel based on reviews seen on Trip Advisor, and it did not disappoint. The room was large(2 double beds), and very clean. Like the wooden floor, since we have 2 kids with allergies. Location is not too busy but very close with easy access to everything. Free parking garage was a great bonus.
There was a little road noise from the street below since I was on the second floor facing the main street but didn't bother us much, we all slept comfortably. I don't typically like to use the hotel amenities but I really did like the products provided. Great grocery market within walking distance,the Metropolitan Market, very convenient since we like to stock up for our late night snacks.
An overall great experience. Don't miss Ride the Ducks tour and the Teatro ZinZanni very near the hotel. We will definitely return to the Maxwell next time we're in Seattle.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MyraBKK

Thank you for your terrific review! We aim to please and I'm glad that you fully enjoyed your stay. We look forward to having you back with us soon.
All my best, Woody Braden - Hotel Manager

Reviewed November 5, 2013

Great rooms, great staff, great food and booze. The Maxwell is a hotel I'd be happy to return too, anytime. Such a great neighbourhood,surrounded by bars, restaurants and grocery stores. Book it now, you won't get a better option.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
wbraden, Manager at The Maxwell Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Thank you for staying with us all the way from Australia. We appreciate this terrific review and would be thrilled to have you back with us.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

We had seen an ad in the Alaska Airlines magazine for this hotel and decided to give it a try.
And we were so glad we did. The location is close to the Seattle Center, they have free parking for cars, and the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. We will stay there again on our next trip.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

I'm glad that you saw the ad and decided to stay with us! Thank you truly for your review. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.