“A good stay in Seatlle”

Ranked #8 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
New York City, New York
“A good stay in Seatlle”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I was on a business trip for a week and this hotel was selected for me. A really good choice for a number of reasons. The staff are very pleasent and helpful. The driver who drives guests to select points in the town is very interesting and informative. The rooms are of reasonable size, slightly over funrished for my taste. The bed was very comfortable. The bar and restaurant also have good service and reasonable food. The one drawback was the very small gym with only one running machine which seemed to be in heavy use during the morning and evening.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
wbraden, Manager at The Maxwell Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
We appreciate you leaving us your opinion and we are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. I'm glad that you enjoyed your room, the helpful staff, and the Rock restaurant. I'm sorry for the inconvenience of the treadmill being taken during the times that you wanted to work out. We also have an elliptical and a bike and we can point out a couple of great full service gyms in the area. We want you to have the best workout!
All my best, Woody Braden

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (549)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We stayed here for a wedding that was held at another hotel about 1.3 miles away. It was fabulous. The rooms are huge it made me sad I didn't bring my kids (this was a mommy/daddy trip only). The bathrooms were just as spacious. We will return!

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Erika I
Next time bring the kids! We would love to have them and I'm sure that they would enjoy the pool and maybe the complimentary bicycles to ride.
We hope to see you again soon.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

This is a nice quiet hotel in Seattle. This was my first visit to Seattle. Room was large. Beds were very comfortable. Tea/ coffee maker and microwave in room. Two bottles of water complimentary per day. Staff were very friendly. Free wifi. I did not try out the restaurant. My only complaint is that there is no breakfast service- there is a small shop in the lobby that sells mostly cakes. And if you are jet lagged and feel hungry at 2 am there is no 24hr room service!

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us here at the Maxwell. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your time here and we hope to have you back with us. I'm sorry that we don't have 24 hour room service but we do have a 24 hour grocery store just a few blocks away as well as vending machines on almost every floor. A midnight snack is always nice after a long trip.
Sacramento, California
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We booked this hotel based on TA reviews, on our way back to NCal from the San Juans. Hadn't been in Seattle for many years and was excited to see a few sites. Except for constructions detours, it was easy to find off I 5, and it was perfectly located within walking distance of the Seattle Center, many restaurants, and a large 24-hour market. We never had to drive our car the whole time we were there ( good thing because between one-way streets and construction street closures, driving wasn't too easy). They allowed us to check in early and we were happy to see they have secured parking under the hotel. The hotel is fairly new, with modern decor, and our king room was adequate, although nothing extraordinary. The bathroom had a nice walk-in shower and no tub. I told my husband I couldn't quite figure out why, even though there was nothing really wrong with the hotel, why it didn't feel great. It wasn't until we got home that I realized it just didn't have a lot of charm. We did note that our 4th floor room, right by the elevator, was intermittently quite noisy from hallway traffic and housekeeping in the room above us. When we went back downstairs on our way to dinner, the evening receptionist was very friendly and helpful, pointing us to a local restaurant for breakfast (the hotel just has a small breakfast stand instead of a full restaurant). The reception staff was also gracious enough to give a parking pass to friends who were meeting us for dinner on our second night there. Overall, a good choice.

Room Tip: Ask for a quieter room away from hallway traffic.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello HappyWandererQ! We are happy that you were able to stay with us during your northwest trip. I'm sorry about the noise from the elevator. We would be happy to place you in a nice quiet room next time you come through Seattle.
Warm regards, Woody Braden
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We arrived from Anchorage off the red-eye, which put us at the hotel about 6:00a.m. Even though check-in isn't until 3:00pm., Seth (?) said he had 1 "hill view" room w/2 Queen beds available and then was gracious enough to say we could even move to our reserved "Space Needle" view, King room the next day. This is a HUGE deal for those of us arriving at the crack of dawn after flying all night and I'd stay again just for this luxury.

Hotel is very clean and no noise disturbances. The Rock served us a VERY good all meat pizza and seemed busy every time we walked through. Staff at the hotel and restaurant were quite friendly. Someone with a genius idea even put a little coffee/pastry shop in the lobby! Great for coffee lovers.

As others have said, the Seattle Center is just 1 block away and access to the monorail is only about 3 blocks. $2.25 ow / $4.50 rt takes you to the Westlake Center downtown (10 min. incl. wait for train) )or you can walk through Seattle Center to 4th and walk downtown in about 20-30 minutes. Plenty of shops or bars on the way to stop and browse or have a beer. Citizen Coffee 2 blocks to the left as you walk out the door is a great place for a good breakfast.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the street get to see the space needle. The back side faces Queen Anne Hill's resi...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Great review! I'm thrilled that Stef took such great care of you when you arrived at that early of an hour. Please let us take you around town on the complimentary shuttle next time. See you again soon, I hope.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed October 10, 2013

The Hotel is a little way out of the downtown area, but just a block or two from the Seattle centre. Local public transport is excellent so I used the monorail and local buses to get around easily. I found the hotel to be clean, well kept and the staff courteous and helpful. My room was huge (maybe too much so) and the bathroom and kitchenette had all the supplies for a lengthy stay. Including free water (not the usual overly priced bottle you have to open in the middle of the night!!)

I didn't use the pool or fitness facility, as the pool was a bit too small for laps. The fitness room had a small selection of kit, but in seemingly good order.

Downstairs is a small shop for buying breakfast, nice pastries and breakfast sandwiches. I had room service from 'the Rock' and wasn't impressed. The girl on the phone had no clue although admitted she was new. The food arrived stone cold and really wasn't worth the money, so I would recommend anywhere in the local area to eat over this place which doesn't really seem to fit the ambience of the hotel and strikes me as more of a local bar.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
wbraden, Manager at The Maxwell Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Thank you for your review and we are glad that you enjoyed our clean hotel and helpful staff. I'm so sorry that your room service order was cold and wasn't worth the money. I would be happy to contact the Rock for you and have that charge removed from your bill. We strive for a higher level of service and I'm truly sorry that you didn't experience this. We hope to have you back with us again soon.
All my best, Woody Braden - Hotel Manager
Aurora, Colorado
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights and will absolutely return on our next trip to Seattle. It is in a great location, well within walking distance to many of the popular sites in Seattle. The staff is friendly and helpful. The rooms are very comfortable, and even come with two bottle of complimentary water each day.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
We are thrilled to have taken such great care of you and we truly appreciate the review. We hope to see you again soon!