The Maxwell Hotel - A Piece of Pineapple Hospitality
Ranked #13 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Maxwell”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I had a pretty good experience at the Maxwell Hotel Seattle. Everything worked, nice clean inviting rooms. The staff was excellent, always with a smile and willing to help you. Great location, near the Space Needle. There is a free shuttle that takes you downtown. thanks again to the staff!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Lawrance381Rio
wbraden, Manager at The Maxwell Hotel - A Piece of Pineapple Hospitality, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you for the great review Lawrance from Rio! We strive to take care of each and every guest and I'm glad that the staff took such great care of you.

Please come back and stay with us again!

Very best,
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (483)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Langley, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Thank you, Maxwell!! You gave my friend and I the best 4-day Seattle experience ever!! During our stay we could not think of even one negative thing about your hotel. Honestly! We stayed from April 22-25th and I just wanted to let everyone know how great your hotel is. To begin with your beds were the most comfortable I have ever slept on outside of my home. We stayed in Room 425, which is a double Queen bedroom and very quiet. The AC was quiet, too. All the staff, particularly the front desk, were the best. Always with a smile and friendly word. And helpful. The shuttle was a special bonus and was a great convenience to our coming and going to the Seattle attractions, including the Woodland Zoo. We felt totally safe at the hotel and when walking in the area. In our room we enjoyed the Keurig coffee, the popcorn, and the convenience of having a microwave and fridge. It was also nice to have a DVD player in the room as well as having available at the front desk a selection of movies for our use. The bathroom was well lit, clean and the shower was spacious. The towels were so nice and fluffy. I will also mention that having the safe in our room was great feature. And the Wi-Fi worked perfectly in the room. We did not use the pool or exercise room but checked it out and found it to be good. And the free underground parking was another added bonus.

Each afternoon, after a long day of sightseeing and shopping, we always looked forward to the coffee (also decaf) and little pineapple muffins available for free in the lobby. It was a nice reward at the end of our day. There were so many welcoming little corners to relax and enjoy our treat. We had dinner at the Rock two nights and were definitely not disappointed. The selection was great. The pizza and pasta we had was so delicious and at a really good price.

I would positively recommend the Maxwell Hotel to anyone who wants to go to a comfortable, clean, friendly, convenient and great value hotel. And believe me I did my research before we left. I hope I have not forgotten to mention a detail. It was the hotel's attention to detail that added so much to our enjoyable stay. I will definitely come back to this hotel any time I am in the Seattle area again. Keep up the good work, Maxwell, and thanks again for making everything in our first-time visit so perfect.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank 2247CH
What a wonderful review! Your feedback is so helpful for us to improve our services and also share what our hotel has to offer with fellow travelers. We are just so grateful to have you as a guest and to have gone above and beyond for you.

Please come back and see us soon!

Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

My boyfriend and I decided to take a trip to Seattle for our anniversary and chose the Maxwell Hotel based on positive reviews. We found it charming, clean, and inviting, but there were a few issues. We spilled leftover food onto the bed, so we left the card out saying we wanted the linens changed, but they weren't. Luckily, we had a room with two queens so we could just hop over to the other one. Also, the conditioner dispenser in our room was leaky, so by the time we woke up to shower, all of it was on the shower floor, and there wasn't any left. Lastly, and worst of all there was an incredibly loud, trashy, obviously drunk wedding party(or something along those lines) that ran around our floor until well after bar time both Friday and Saturday. I called the front desk to complain, and they said they'd be up to take care of it, but the obscene yelling, and noise persisted intermittently until well after 2:00am. Perhaps because they were a large group their comfort superseded my own, but I know others must've complained because of excessive shhhs and at least one crying baby coming from nearby rooms.

Overall, the hotel was a lovely place, but if the typical clientele is as sloppy and rude as our fellow floor mates from this trip, then I don't see us staying here for our next trip to Seattle.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
4 Thank Slock90
wbraden, Manager at The Maxwell Hotel - A Piece of Pineapple Hospitality, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
We are certainly happy that you enjoyed our charming and inviting hotel! We very much appreciate the feedback as we can improve on our services. I can assure you that our normal guests are not rude and unruly like the past weekend. We had a wedding party in house and we had trouble confining the noise. We are taking steps to ensure that our peace loving guests enjoy the environment of a family-friendly and quiet hotel.

I hope that you come back and see us soon. You will see that it was just an exception to the amazing environment that we are trying to have here at the Maxwell.

Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Here's the review I just sent to them - I LOVED the hotel! If in Seattle proper, choose this. If Seattle airport...well, there's one close to that which is awesome, so have to differentiate the two. We ADORED the Maxwell!

I selected this hotel based on rate (and free parking!), location, and reviews. And all three were fantastic, the latter of which, well-deserved and true! Although we arrived early, the friendly, efficient, and helpful staff checked us in without delay or problem. The complimentary shuttle was easy to book and incredibly helpful. The room was fantastic, roomy, and awesomely decorated in retro-chic. The room was sparkling clean, beds comfortable, and very quiet. Anytime we had a question, the staff was incredibly helpful, super-friendly, and very knowledgeable. From the shuttle driver to front staff, housekeeping to barista – all were fantastic! And location, location, location! A short walk to the Space Needle, a short (FREE!) shuttle ride to almost any downtown location, walking distance to fantastic Queen Anne area restaurants, parks, and pubs – couldn’t have been better! And since they have free parking – the rate is even better! When we had to travel to another part of WA for our trip – we missed this hotel and the staff! I could not say better things about it, and highly recommend it. As someone who tries to find the best value in location, quality, and overall price, I have stayed in a variety of hotels (from Motel 6 to Four Seasons), and the Maxwell is at the top of my list. We even took pictures of it from the Space Needle :) My best friend and I were in Seattle to celebrate my 40th birthday (and my friend’s 39+?? Birthday) thank you to your staff for adding to the fun, housekeeping for an exceptionally clean room, the shuttle driver for laughing at our lame jokes, the barista for being nice & super-quick, especially when we needed that espresso ASAP, and the decorators for making the hotel beautiful and chic! We loved it so much that I have already recommended it to two other friends who have already booked their stays! And if I’m lucky enough to visit Seattle again – this is the only hotel I want to stay at!

Room Tip: Not a tip for room - but for nearby food & happy hour: NY Pizza (happy hour 2x/day, great pizza...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for staying with us and sharing with everyone the wonderful time you had at the Maxwell Hotel. We aim to please and I'm glad that you enjoyed the complimentary shuttle and driver along with it.

Come back and see us soon!

Gig Harbor Wa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

My daughter and I stayed in the Diva’s Dressing Room suite for three nights March 21, 22 and 24.

We purchased a Seattle City Pass for $74; this gets you into the EMP, Pacific Science Center, a ride to the top of the Space Needle, the Aquarium, an Argosy harbor tour and either the Museum of Flight or Woodland Park zoo. The pass is a 43 % discount off of admission to all these places and can be bought at any of these attractions. We skipped the harbor tour as we’re boaters and the ride to the top of the space needle because I’m terrified of heights.

The Maxwell was an excellent base for us.
We walked over to the Seattle Center and took the Monorail one day, did the Market and Aquarium then walked back through Bell Town to the Maxwell.

We ate at the Rock which is attached to the hotel and just across the street at McMenamins,
I highly recommend both places.

I don’t know what more I could say about the Maxwell that all of the great reviews here haven’t already covered. It’s a great hotel; the staff was amazing and the room as well.
I loved the fact that all of the soap and lotions were in dispensers not little bottles.
The parking was free and in a secure underground garage, free parking in a big city is worth its weight in gold.

My only complaint and I’m stretching here….is that this room is the only room with a balcony and there are no chairs to sit on out there.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Pyrrat
What a fantastic review! Thank you for taking the time to leave it for us and for sharing all the amazing sights that you and your daughter enjoyed. We hope to see you back with us soon.

Very best,

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

This is one of my favorite hotels I ever stayed in. Keurig coffee makers in the rooms, mini fridge and microwave. They even provided free popcorn. I loved how the rooms were hardwood floor and the shower was really neat. Quick walk to the space needle but a long walk to Pike's Place. Upon checking out we noticed they provided bikes for their guests (wish we knew about that option). Overall fabulous stay and I would recommend to every one.

• Stayed August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
Hello and thank you for letting us know how your stay went! We know Pike's Place is a bit of a hike but we also have a complimentary shuttle that can take you there as well as the complimentary bikes.

Come back soon and I'll drive you down there in the shuttle myself!

San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

I would rate the Maxwell as a high value stay for the price. For $150/night, it's tough to beat. They have a complimentary shuttle that will take you anywhere within a 15 min radius of the hotel. Very convenient and a $$ saver. Within blocks is the Seattle Center, Queen Anne neighborhood and space needle. Its a 2 mile hike or ride to the water front or pikes place market. Complimentary bicycles are available too upon reservation. Not a high frills hotel though. No conceirge or room service. The staff and front desk are very helpful though. Free Wifi. I would go back!

• Stayed April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Woody B, Manager at The Maxwell Hotel - A Piece of Pineapple Hospitality, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Thank you for the review and we are glad that you enjoyed the complimentary shuttle and the friendly staff. Come back soon!
All my best, Woody Braden