The Maxwell Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel
$461
$423
  • Pool
2,965 results
All reviewscupcakespineappleseattle centerspace needlerock restaurantfree shuttlequeen annemicrowave popcornhardwood floorstommy bahamatoulouse petitdvd playerwalk in showerevery afternoonkerry parkwalking distancecomfortable beds
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The location was perfect, close to several museums and the Space Needle but the hotel itself was great. The rooms were clean, the staff friendly, we had to leave early due to a hurricane and they didn't charge us for the last night we were supposed to have been there. I'd definitely go back. We went with the glass blowing package and had a great time at both the museum and the studio. It was so much fun to make some glass treasures to take home. It was a great deal.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Wendy C
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Parking is expensive around, but free here, and close to the Seattle Center and Space Needle.
Lots of nearby restaurants too.
As many have said, the rooms are decorated nicely.
Free 2 bottles of water and popcorn, as well as microwave, mini-fridge, and Keurig pod coffe maker.
The in-house restaurant, The Rock is a fair priced quality eat (wood-fired pizza+).
Bed and furniture are nice.
I could see the Space Needle from my room.
Overall a great experience.

Room Tip: I had room 342, with a view of the Space Needle. But next to an electric pole.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank funsk8_ray
Reviewed October 31, 2012

This is part of a continuing series of my impressions and experiences staying at various hotels and resorts while traveling to attend concerts worldwide. This review is for The Maxwell Hotel in Seattle, Washington. I had a great stay and give very high marks along with my recommendation

Property: The Maxwell Hotel Seattle
Location: Seattle, Washington
Address: 300 Roy Street, Seattle, Washington 98109
Phone: (866) 866-7977
Website: www.themaxwellhotel.com
Room Type/Class: Standard
Date: October 25-27, 2012
Booking Source: Travel Partner Points
Overall Rating: 4/5 [Note: Score is totally subjective based on price, location, and comparison to "like" properties within same area and price range]

This was one of the properties I stayed at for a recent trip to the Pacific Northwest to review some concerts in Seattle, Washington and Eugene, Oregon.

I stayed here for two nights, so had a little bit more time than usual to get a feel for the property.

The one negative is that where to park for check-in was a bit confusing… signs direct a driver into an area with a handful of parking spaces – all were full, so I continued on to the garage… only to realize that you need a room key to raise the gate and enter, so had to back out of a tight spot and drive backwards to where I guessed the front desk area might be (luckily no cars were coming in, or I would have been stuck).

The front desk staff were nice and friendly, and check-in was simple enough. The lobby area is fairly large and nicely appointed, with a modern sort of look, and lots of areas to hang out, so it is inviting.

Once I had a key, I relocated my rental car to the underground lot, which is small with very narrow spaces and not much space to turn into them. Definitely, the smaller the rental car, the better. As an aside, once night when I returned all the spaces were accounted for, and I parked in the exterior small lot (with permission from the front desk), so parking is a premium at this property.

While the rooms are not huge, they are very nice, clean, modern, and offer some welcome amenities. Each have mini fridges, microwaves, a Keurig coffee maker, complimentary popcorn, an umbrella, an electronic safe, a desk, and wired and wireless Internet (complimentary). The room was very comfortable.

It is in a really nice location if you have plans to visit the Space Needle or the EMP Museum – both a short stroll away, as well as other attractions.

Within the property is a restaurant, The Rock, and I had lunch there the first day… and it was actually really good, and I had lunch again there the second day. Typical American food fare with a variety of sandwiches and pizzas and the like.

They also offer bicycles to borrow, which could be handy.

I really enjoyed my stay and would give it my recommendation.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Rock-Subculture
Reviewed October 31, 2012

We have been coming to Seattle for many years and stayed in many Seattle hotels. This tops them all for location and value. There is free parking, free wifi, easy access to downtown, great neighbourhood location, good amenities, helpful staff and clean rooms. A find.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Tyler S, Manager at The Maxwell Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Thank you for taking a few moments to share this with us and the world. We're delighted to hear that The Maxwell hotel tops your list of Seattle hotels! We appreciate you highlighting our amenities, staff and location! We look forward to your future stays with us.

Tyler Suddith
Hotel Manager

Reviewed October 31, 2012

This hotel was just lovely especially for how reasonable the rates were... the front desk staff were reasonably helpful, the hotel in itself was very clean and the rooms were rather plush for that price. we were very impressed. It is also located well near restaurants and walking distance to the space needle etc U would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Seattle. They also let you borrow bikes for the day which we did and also they have a courteousy shuttle in a 3 miles radius that came in handy.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for such kind words about our staff and hotel. We’re very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I am personally thrilled to read that you were able to take advantage of our rental bikes. We are very excited to offer bikes as an amenity to guests as a means of exploring downtown Seattle.

Should your travels bring you back to Seattle, we would love to see you again.

Tyler Suddith