“great service”

The Maxwell Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel
Ranked #8 of 102 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed January 26, 2012

We really enjoyed staying at the Maxwell Hotel. The front desk was SO helpful with giving us ideas of where to visit in Seattle as well as arranging transport for us to the airport. The hotel had a great feel about it, groovy, clean and very friendly. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who was staying in Seattle. The position may deter people as not in the centre of the city, but it is opposite the space needle and the monorail, plus a taxi to the farmers market for example, was very reasonable.

Room Tip: Higher the room the better as above the car park.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank ashandjb1
There are newer reviews for The Maxwell Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel

Reviewed January 26, 2012

I went with a friend of mine to the Maxwell while visiting Seattle. I loved it. The garage has limited parking, but we always found a spot. It's a little tight sometimes so be prepared for 5 point turns.

The room was beautiful and very comfortable. It was clean and beautifully decorated.

There are some places to eat within walking distance but any of the notable stuff is a little further away.

I'd recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank drwatsonjd
Reviewed January 22, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Maxwell while I was in town for a convention. I cannot say enough good things about it - and, in fact, can't think of anything negative to stay at all. I felt as though we'd gone back in time to an era when customer service was paramount and the guest's comfort and convenience were priorities. Everything was set up to make our stay as seamless and enjoyable as possible. We were offered free parking and use of the free shuttle to complement our use of the monorail, so getting downtown was quick and easy. Because I was in town for business, I needed to do a lot of printing. Not only were there multiple computers and printers available for our use, but the staff declined to charge us for using them. The front desk staff was exceptional (one example of their great service: after we'd been in our room for about 15 minutes, they called to ask if we were happy with everything and/or needed anything else). We even had contact lenses delivered to the hotel which were waiting at the front desk when we checked in. Our room was large, spotless, and very comfortable, the housekeeping and maintenance staff were helpful and kind, and we had a great view of the Space Needle. We enjoyed the restaurant and coffee shop in the hotel, which were especially nice options when we were pressed for time. We loved Seattle, plan to go back, and will certainly stay at the Maxwell again!

Room Tip: We recommend requesting a view of the Space Needle.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank rdumsp
Reviewed January 21, 2012

Friendly, clean, beautiful, comfortable and in a stellar location, what more could you ask for?! It's a hop and a skip to just about anywhere you could want to visit and with a room on the 3rd floor facing South my husband and I have a beautiful view of the Space Needle. Well worth the price (which really isnt bad to begin with) if you're looking for something a little more special than "adequate" accommodations. Oh, and the restaurant downstairs isn't just a hotel bar, it's a local chain and brewery. Tried the beer sampler and they're all quite delicious. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: Ask for a South facing room for a view of the Space Needle.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 20, 2012

Great location, close to seattle center, nice grocery store, lots of restaurants, walkable to Pikes market. Very stylish accomodations. reasonable price. friendly helpful staff. favorite place to stay in Seattle

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 19, 2012

I live in Seattle so I haven't officially stayed here but my family has when they have come to town to visit. This is a nice modern, clean hotel. The free parking is a rarity, something that can easily cost $25+/day at a downtown hotel. It is also near the Space Needle and lower Queen Anne for easy access to food, bars, etc. I would go for a room without a view of the Space Needle as it is quieter on the back side, off the large one way street in front of the hotel. Plus, these rooms are cheaper:)

Room Tip: Go for a non Space Needle view. Cheaper and quieter.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 19, 2012

my husband and i stayed at the maxwell for several days and loved pretty much everything about it. the hotel itself was handsome, serene, and very comfortable; the service was low key and excellent.

we spent several very fun days exploring the neighborhood, on foot and on bikes, which are available for loan in the lobby. we took a couple of amazing morning runs through the sculpture garden and on the walking trail by the sound, about half a mile to the west of the hotel. on our first morning, we had breakfast at citizen coffee, which is a few blocks east of the maxwell, and enjoyed it so much we went back every morning for the rest of our stay. and we fell head over heels in love with the international fountain in seattle center - so fun to watch.

i spent another night there a few months ago with my daughter - another good experience. i'd definitely stay there again in the future.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple