“Great overnight stay”

Ranked #10 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Port Townsend, Washington
“Great overnight stay”
Reviewed December 17, 2011

We utilized the advanced reservation savings deal and felt the price was a great one for the the city. The parking garage below the hotel was so convenient. Knew we weren't going to get a view of the Space Needle, but did have a nice city view. Roy St. is a bit noisy and our window was sprung a bit near the handle so more noise was able to enter. No hallway nor neighbor noise! Very trendy room design with the curved wall, wood floors, and interesting lighting. The open shower felt cold as the warm air escapes easily. The ironing board is a small tabletop one that is difficult to use. Comfy bed, great sheets and towels. Free internet. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (541)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Upstate New York
Reviewed December 12, 2011

Hands down, this hotel exceeded my expectations! For a first visit to the pacific northwest, the Maxwell understands the essence of what it means to create the ultimate customer experience. We were greeted warmly by the staff at the front desk and they even allowed us to check in early. The lobby is spacious and elegantly decorated. The room was amazing. From the cozy bed to the sleek decor to the large shower, all our senses were engaged. We had time to use the pool and gym, although they were on the smaller side they were clean spaces which is always nice! My spouse and I are planning to take another trip to Seattle and we will be repeat customers. Thank you Maxwell for an amazing stay and intro to your beautiful state!

• Stayed May 2011
2 Thank ast66
Sequim, Washington
Reviewed December 9, 2011

I found this motel online when I needed a place to stay near Key Arena in Seattle for a music festival. From the free parking to the efficient check in, my first impressions were favorable. Add to this clean, spacious rooms with nice decor and the conveniences of a refrierator, microwave, room safe, hair dryer, even a large screen tv (which I didn't have time to use...) also included complimentary Tully's coffee, microwave popcorn and tea.
The bed was comfortable and another offering I didn't have time to use included an indoor pool...maybe next time. The biggest advantage for me besides the free parking was the fact that this hotel is in the nice Queen Anne district within walking distance of Kay Arena and other town center venues and art galleries and shops. I also liked the relatively late checkout time of 1200. Oh, and not to forget the refillable soap and shampoo/conditioner dispenders and recyle cans in the room...more eco-conscious than most places I've stayed.

2 Thank Dolores C
Saint Paul, MN
Reviewed December 9, 2011

When I stayed at The Maxwell there was a lot of road repair and traffic I went through to get to there and I was delighted when I made it in one piece and with a big smile on my face, said so when I entered the hotel. The young man at the desk looked at me and asked "Do you have a reservation?" No smile, no reaction, no "We're happy you made it, too." And that was pretty much how the front desk staff was: never rude, but not welcoming and friendly either. That was surprising, because before I made the reservation, I sent the manager e-mails and his response was warm and generous with information. The hotel itself is great: colorful and fun decor. Location is a quiet neighborhood setting. Free parking was terrific, but it's close enough to walk downtown (30 mins max) or walk to restaurants around the area or take the Monorail station just steps away. Room decor was funky and pleasant and overall, very comfortable with Keurig coffee maker and fridge. Housekeeping staff are great ambassadors; each morning when I saw them, they greeted me warmly with a smile.

Room Tip: If you want view of Space Needle, ask for 5th floor room on Roy Street side.
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed December 8, 2011

This was our last stop on a month long u.s.a trip and was a great city to end in. Room was probably a bit small for our big family of 2 adults and 4children but was certainly good value. Free parking and wifi was also a great bonus. The rooms were nicely decorated and extremely clean. We managed to walk to most sights and restaurants though a restaurant/room service on site in the future would be even better. The staff were super helpful and friendly. Would certainly return to the Maxwell when we return to Seattle.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
California
Reviewed December 8, 2011

Easy location, lots of free parking, friendly service- only issue for me is I prefer to have some type of restaurnat in the lobby of hotels I stay at- this one does not (yet) however plenty nearby. Overall terrific value.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed December 3, 2011

Nicely decorated, spacious, good (not great) location. Lots of nice perks like in room microwave including free popcorn, a Keurig coffee maker with real creamers in the mini-fridge, free parking & wi-fi. All the things that are annoying when hotels charge for them, the Maxwell doesn't charge for them.

The only thing bad I can say come from the fact that it is a renovated older hotel. It's pretty noisy. Everything that happens in the hallways is loud and clear in the rooms, including the early start for the cleaning staff. That said, it's no worse than you'll find at any older or cheaper hotel. I still recommend it.