The Maxwell Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel
$279
$292
Cancelon
2,938 results
All reviewscupcakespineappleseattle centerspace needlerock restaurantfree shuttlequeen annemicrowave popcornhardwood floorstommy bahamatoulouse petitdvd playerwalk in showerevery afternoonkerry parkwalking distancecomfortable beds
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 8, 2011

I was surprised to find this hotel, tucked away across the street from the new "Teatro Zinzanni" venue next to the Key Arena. It's on the other side of downtown from the Space Needle and the Pacific Science Center. This acts as an effective buffer between the hustle and bustle traffic noise so prevalent in SEA.
Locals know this area as "Lower Queen Anne" and it's an iconic SEA neighborhood. It's got its own hoity-toity supermarket (Metropolitan Market), some great coffee shops (Cafe Zingaro) and incredible restaurants like Toulouse Petit (ate their twice!).
The Maxwell has no restaurant, so you're free to roam the area to forage for food. I ate lunch at the Metro Mkt (salad bar). We even hiked up to the top of Queen Anne Hill (huffing, puffing) to the 5-Spot for breakfast.
The hotel is essentially brand new--lots of modern touches. EXCELLENT hi-speed wireless internet. Great dark-wood floors. Comfy beds. Modern finishes in the bathrooms. I'm not a TV watcher--but they're big. There's the one-cup Keurig (sp?) coffee makers in the rooms. Very nice. Special touch: they put the 1/2+1/2 in the fridge. NICE TOUCH.
Beds were comfy, towels were fluffy...there's a bedside alarm clock that holds your iPod.
I could see the Space Needle out of my window--it stuck up over the parking lot.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank geefour907
Reviewed May 7, 2011

I stayed at the Maxwell to visit the attractions at the Seattle Center it was very close to before moving to another hotel for Sakura-Con, and I must say that I wish I could have stayed at the Maxwell for my whole trip!

Let me give you a quick list of the things I loved: the room, bathroom, and shower were nice, clean, and very very roomy; I found the bed to be very comfy; there were a lot of good restaurants and 2 good grocery stores within walking distance; a fridge and a microwave I made good use of; every staff member I ran into was very polite and friendly; it was good to have free wifi and a flat screen tv that got HD channels.

There were a few things that did not lessen my opinion of how awesome the hotel was, but could be a potential dealbreaker for others. You can really hear the people walk around and roll luggage on the floor above you pretty clearly. The nice big tvs in the rooms had a shelf near it that looked convenient if I had brought a video game console. However from what I could tell, there were only had composite video inputs and not the hdmi I would have preferred. Also, the hd channels on the tv weren't on the hotel provided channel listings, but were there way past of all the other sd channels and seemed to be a pretty random selection of what was there. The shower was designed to not need any sort of curtain or door, but it seemed to me that to make it work and not get water all over the bathroom the shower head was pointed towards a corner and was not adjustable at all. That made the very roomy shower seem kinda cramped as I had to huddle in the corner of the shower to stay in the water flow.

All of that said, I loved, loved, loved the Maxwell Hotel! The next time I stay overnight in Seattle, they will be my first and probably only choice!

Room Tip: Top floor for the least noise
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank candancejade
Reviewed May 4, 2011

very good location, friendly staff, clean, modern, plenty parking for the car, fantastic room, couldn't be better.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 3, 2011

They really thought of everything at this hotel. First--it looks GREAT--extremely stylish. They also have Seattle touches everywhere--hidden Tim's Cascade Chips, for example. Coffee & sweets in the lobby. Everyone who worked they was extremely pleasant and they do not accept tips.

I fell in love with the hotel when I realized they had thought of the one thing I complain about at EVERY hotel--an outlet with a shelf for your phone. In fact there were outlets EVERYWHERE and they were all easy to get to.

There's a computer with internet in the basement, which I didn't realize until we left. I had to work during my stay and I forgot my computer charger, so I rented their netbook--free and an amazing feature.

I really wouldn't stay elsewhere if I had the choice!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank jennybento
Reviewed April 30, 2011

I love this place. It is whimsical, contemporary, upbeat, colorful and cheerful with lots of open space and fun art work. The lobby is a lovely space, with nooks and crannies to hide in and an inviting fireplace to keep you warm. The really good complimentary cup cakes offered in the late afternoon is a nice touch.

Rooms are large. Our corner room (348), in particular, is huge with big windows, a view of the Space Needle, microwave, mini fridge and safe.. The bathroom is also large and nicely appointed. Pillows are down and the beds are soft (which for me is great, but may be too soft for those who like firm).

Free wireless, free parking.

The Maxwell is about five blocks from the Space Needle and five blocks from the monorail. The monorail is about five blocks from Pike Place Market. There is an espresso cart on site, called the Pineapple Espresso, but no restaurant. There are lots of restaurants and a grocery store within walking distance of the hotel.

Service at the Maxwell is excellent.

Thank you Maxwell for your creativity and hospitality. We will be back.

Room Tip: 348 is a corner room with big corner windows
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family