“Great atmosphere and food”

Toulouse Petit Kitchen & Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Toulouse Petit Kitchen & Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 4,198 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Magnolia / Queen Anne
Cross street: Queen Anne Ave & Mercer
Description: Centered around the cuisine, decor and imagery of the French Quarter and New Orleans and creating the feel of the Big Easy, Toulouse is one of the most intricate and ambitiously built restaurants in a generation. Our expansive menus offer culinary diversity and range from traditional Creole and French Quarter menu choices to traditional Parisian and French countryside preparations to more innovative dishes that are entirely unique to Toulouse. At Toulouse we are tremendously committed to offering value in all of its various forms, which includes our intricate and texturally rich decor, cuisine prepared with discipline and skill, fabulous cocktails, a diverse Northwest and French centered wine list, unrepeatable and unique people, and accessible prices in an adult escapist and community environment.
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I came here just when I arrived in Seattle at lunch time. Had expected it to be quite quiet given that it was a Monday. Boy was I wrong. The place was totally packed and people were ordering cocktails etc. like it was Friday afternoon. I had a three course menu for 15 dollars (a special deal since it was Seattle restaurant week) with a lamb burger as the main course. It was literally amazing

There are newer reviews for Toulouse Petit Kitchen & Lounge

Reviewed October 21, 2013

I have to just base my review on my OWN breakfast. I am a big eggs benedict fan and once you find a good one you know it. I strayed from the original "ham" and went for the Dungeness crab eggs benedict. The eggs were cooked perfectly and the hollandaise was so rich and flavorful.

I also had a bloody mary and it had just enough spice that I did not have to add anything to it.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Let me preface this with my friend's meals were good so maybe the chef was having a bad day with MY choice(s).

The waitstaff was friendly and efficient.

Went for breakfast and I ordered shrimp and grits while my companion ordered the french toast. His meal came and was good. My shrimp was SO spicy that I couldn't taste anything for the rest of the day. Cajun/Creole doesn't mean spice until you can't tell what the main protein is. It's a kick of heat, not overwhelming spice. It's an enhancement not a cover-up.

Figured the chef was just having a bad day so we went back again for dinner and this time I ordered the rabbit, Confit and jerky are again too entirely different cooking concepts.

Overpriced and hit or miss, I wouldn't go back again.

Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

We had an excellent meal. Great service, best steak and fries I've ever had. Crawfish beignets! My wife had a shrimp and crab salad with blue cheese! And reasonable cost too. Highly recommend.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

I didn't try the eggs benedict, so maybe I'll need to re-try. Until then, I trust my gut, and it says the breakfast was made by people who understand (very flavorful) lunch and dinner, but not the first meal of the day. Compare it to any breakfast (I've had) in Europe, Asia, or the Americas and it just didn't fit anywhere. However, it did make me think of meals in central America (dinner: steak with beans, lunch: steak with beans, breakfast: you got it). They also lacked espresso. What do they offer after dinner ... a coffee filter? .... are they trying to be different (in Seattle)? I could get that, but why keep the Heinz ketchup. Pancakes were good, but "excellent" is required to be in the top ten. The waitress was good, but again, I've had better in smaller, less known restaurants. The hostess was friendly, but after I caught her picking her ears and smelling her fingers from our table, I just wanted to move on. Hence, not bad, just a bit overrated.