“Great Cajun/Creole Food”

Toulouse Petit Kitchen & Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Toulouse Petit Kitchen & Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 4,216 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Magnolia / Queen Anne
Cross street: Queen Anne Ave & Mercer
Description: Centered around the cuisine, decor and imagery of the French Quarter and New Orleans and creating the feel of the Big Easy, Toulouse is one of the most intricate and ambitiously built restaurants in a generation. Our expansive menus offer culinary diversity and range from traditional Creole and French Quarter menu choices to traditional Parisian and French countryside preparations to more innovative dishes that are entirely unique to Toulouse. At Toulouse we are tremendously committed to offering value in all of its various forms, which includes our intricate and texturally rich decor, cuisine prepared with discipline and skill, fabulous cocktails, a diverse Northwest and French centered wine list, unrepeatable and unique people, and accessible prices in an adult escapist and community environment.
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I was a little skeptical just because of the shear size of the menu. I was afraid that with so many choices, it would be hard to do it all well. But I was won over. We had a group of 8 and all enjoyed our dishes. I had the Barbeque Shrimp over Grits and it was very good. I'm picky about my shrimp being deveined, and this was nice and clean. The sauce had a kick that was great with the creamy grits. I also had the fried green tomatoes with remoulade. It was so good, but just couldn't finish it all. I wish I lived in Seattle so I could come back and try some of the other dishes on the menu.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

On business in Seattle and visited Toulouse Petit based on TripAdvisor. The reviews are spot on. We ordered from the fixed price menu (three courses). The soup I had was very good (cauliflower with crab) but the second course - grilled asparagus wrapped in prosciutto - was amazing! An outstanding and surprising mix of flavors that brought a smile with every bite. The third course was just as great... snapper in a creole bouillon with shrimp, crawfish and clams. Perfect blend of spicy, textures and flavors. I'll be back!

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Oh my my, I cannot wait to return. This place exceeded our expectations in every way. We started out with the Cauliflower truffle soup with Crab meat and with every bite my husband and I commented about how amazing the soup tasted. We both ordered from the Cajun/New Orleans section of the menu - my husband had a shrimp/craw fish dish with grits, while I had a fish dish with a side of mashed potatoes. Every bite was truly amazing. We are so glad that we picked this place. Seattle has a gem!

The inside of the restaurant is cute with very dim lighting. I also heard Pharcyde playing on the radio which was a huge score!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Our teenager joined us just long enough to order and eat one of the best steaks we have ever had. It was pricey (27) but worth it. My husband and I each ordered a more cajun/creole type meal (grits/shrimp and gumbo), and were pleasantly surprised. Overall we felt it was a bit pricey but we loved all the food and drink choices which were unique and vast - something to please everyone. The decor was really cool our our server was perfectly friendly and attentive.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We enjoyed good food and very good service on two visits. It was busy on the evening we went for dinner and were happy to get a seat right away without a reservation. We opted for several share plates and would rate them from very good (soup and Rustic Duck and Wild Boar Terrine) to okay (Crawfish ‘Beignets). The service was attentive without being at all overbearing. The decor is interesting. We returned the next morning for breakfast and again found it good but not great. The waffles were a hit but the Eggs Florentine were a bit disappointing. Good flavour but not more than warm and the "muffin" under the eggs was barely toasted. The prices, especially for breakfast were very reasonable. Definitely worth a visit if you are in the area.