“Unique flavors, beautiful decor and excellent service!”

Toulouse Petit Kitchen & Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Toulouse Petit Kitchen & Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 4,217 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Magnolia / Queen Anne
Cross street: Queen Anne Ave & Mercer
Description: Centered around the cuisine, decor and imagery of the French Quarter and New Orleans and creating the feel of the Big Easy, Toulouse is one of the most intricate and ambitiously built restaurants in a generation. Our expansive menus offer culinary diversity and range from traditional Creole and French Quarter menu choices to traditional Parisian and French countryside preparations to more innovative dishes that are entirely unique to Toulouse. At Toulouse we are tremendously committed to offering value in all of its various forms, which includes our intricate and texturally rich decor, cuisine prepared with discipline and skill, fabulous cocktails, a diverse Northwest and French centered wine list, unrepeatable and unique people, and accessible prices in an adult escapist and community environment.
Reviewed July 9, 2013

The bloody mary was delicious! Just the right amount of spice. The prix fix menu is a great option which is what I got and my BF and I just shared the app and salad while he ordered an entree. My salmon was delicious and his pork was even better. Great find and walking distance from our hotel, The Maxwell.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We'd been reading the rave reviews on this new eatery for some time now and finally decided to take the plunge. I'm glad we did. Ideally located just a block or two west of beautiful McCaw Hall and Seattle Center, Toulouse Petit hit the ground running right out of the blocks being touted as on of the top ten new bistros in the country. Hearing great things about all their menu items we decided to take advantage of their breakfast "happy hour" which runs M-F from 9am to 11am.
I chose the eggs benny which is always a good indicator of a kitchen's competency. I wasn't disappointed. Served with great home fries this was the best benny I've had in years. Everyone else at our table was thrilled with their meals as well. The lunch and dinner menus are extensive and their offerings qualify as genuine "cuisine". There is a Parisian/Creole flair to Toulouse and everyone from the hostess to the serving staff were prompt and exceptionally helpful. Toulouse is a winner and the owners clearly care about their customers dining experience.

1  Thank anthony a
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Had some friends suggest this place during our visit from Dallas. One of the most romatic settings I've ever been in. We were seated at the table closest to the door next to a window, they had it open, of course! Made reservations and were seated within 2 minutes of arriving! Very nice hostess, waitress, and staff. The menu had plenty of choices, including a pre fixed menu. We did not feel rushed during our visit, and any and all questions were answered and came with suggestions. I would definitely visit again to try some other items on the menu.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We have eaten breakfast here numerous times, but enjoyed our first Toulouse dinner on July 6.

Toulouse is a casual restaurant that serves a broad selection of food with an emphasis on Creole and Cajun seasonings. They are almost always busy. So, a wait is likely for either breakfast or lunch, but it is worth it! For dinner, a reservation is necessary unless you are willing to sit at the bar. The staff is friendly and helpful. Our dinner waitress was exceptionally good.

The breakfast menu is simply the best I have ever seen. They offer traditional selections as well as many creative and delicious dishes. My last breakfast selection was shrimp creole over creamy grits. There are so many tempting choices, you will have to come back to try the offerings you did not get to taste!

With such a high standard set for breakfast, we wondered how dinner would measure up. First of all, the menu is a booklet rather than a sheet. Deciding what to eat is difficult with so many tempting choices. All four of us loved our selections. Halibut is best when it's not overcooked and it's easy to let that happen. My wife's halibut was cooked perfectly.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

We walked there after a visit to the EMP museum. The restaurant was crowded (which is always a good thing to me as it means the food must be good). We were seated within 10 minutes since we had teens under 21 and could not be seated in the bar area. We ordered poboys and they were the best we've ever had. The bread that they use is delicious and perfect for a po-boy. Very filling too. The staff was friendly and attentive enough though the place was very busy.