“Eternity Ring”

73 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 88 helpful votes
“Eternity Ring”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

Seattle Opera's spectacular "Green" Ring ended last night but I will remember it forever.The transparency of the stage story-telling was matched by an equally transparent and lustrous orchestra who allowed the singers' voices to soar out into the near perfect acoustic of this wonderful auditorium. I will probably never go to see the RIng again as I doubt of any future one will do anything but disappoint after seeing this blockbuster. A dream cast, masterpiece stage pictures and superb orchestral playing rarely combine in a perfect delight such as this. Well worth travelling half way across the world for.

1 Thank Trevor S

San Jose, California
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Ring Cycle Delight!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

We just attended Seattle Opera's Ring Cycle. It was wonderful. McCaw hall is such a comfortable place, too: plenty of leg room! We were on the first tier and there is a bit of an overhang that makes it a wee bit claustrophobic for some, but we dealt. If I lived in the area you can bet I'd be attending all of Seattle Opera's productions.

1 Thank PATTY M
New York, New York, United States
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“A Ring to Remember”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

I went to Seattle to attend the Seattle Opera's Ring Cycle. I had seen two Ring Cycles at the Metropolitan Opera in New York, and Seattle was my third and the best. But even if you're not up for 4 nights of Wagner, the Seattle Opera is well worth a visit. It's a beautiful opera house and they have English translations above the stage.

1 Thank Carol R
Toronto, Canada
563 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 830 helpful votes
“Wonderful Ring”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

Our chief reason for spending six days in Seattle was to attend the four operas that make up Wagner's Ring Cycle. The Seattle Opera did a wonderful job, with great performances by Grimsley (Wotan), Vinke (Siegfried), Blythe (Fricka), and Fink (Alberich), and Asher Fisch conducting splendidly. The production, directed by Wadsworth, was the best of this work we have seen so far, and that includes the Lepage Ring at the Met. McCaw Hall is a very good venue. We'll be back!

1 Thank operalover939
Brasilia, DF
170 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 173 helpful votes
“An unforgettable experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

As I've mentioned in previous reviews, I'm an opera lover and to each new city I go I try to visit the local opera house.
In my first visit to Seattle, it couldn't be different, especially because the Seattle Opera is worldly famous for its productions of Richard Wagner's operatic cycle The Ring of the Nibelungs.
Well, I was extremely lucky: first, as I didn't expect to find opera performances during the summer, I had no previous reservation. Second, in spite of being a highly sought-after event, I was able to buy two of the last three tickets available for The Valkyries, in the only evening possible for me.
It was mesmerizing: a fantastic orchestra, a great conductor and an admirably homogeneous cast of great talented artists offered the audience a superb performance of this amazing opera.
So, if you're an opera lover too, don't miss this opportunity, it's a fascinating pilgrimage and a stunning musical experience.

1 Thank Celestefaisk

Been to Seattle Opera? Share your experiences!