“Excellent meal!”
Review of Tilikum Place Cafe

Tilikum Place Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Tilikum Place Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 4,217 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: European, Cafe
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Belltown
Cross street: 4th Avenue
Description: Located in Belltown near the Space Needle. Specializing in European influenced Northwest cuisine.
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

Excellent meal from start to finish. Chicken soup is to die for. Each course was terrific. Tammy was friendly and helpful. Best meal we've had in Seattle!

1  Thank Debbie S

Reviewed July 4, 2014

Nice setting and OK service, average food..... well slightly below average.

Came for a late breakfast. Their fry up is pretty bland. All mixed together, a bit of a mess.

It's essentially an English breakfast, however... no brown sauce.

Anyway, it was OK, but would probably never go here over 5 point next door. Better food and more favorable prices pretty much anywhere else. I'd only come for the setting, if you wanted something romantic I guess.

You'd do better at any Cheesecake Factory. Not worth queuing for.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

I loved the Tom Collins I had here, they put a slice of orange in it which I found quite refreshing. I also really enjoyed the eggs Benedict that I had, it was one of their specials and it was made with a variety of mushrooms, savoury bread and a roasted tomato hollandaise sauce - my poached eggs which I ordered med/well were cooked to perfection (which is quite extraordinary -- believe me). The savoury bread was like stuffing (delicious!) I only wish they out a little more hollandaise sauce on the eggs. My friend had the savoury tart and she found that it didn't have as much smoked salmon in it as she would have liked but the pastry part was amazing. This restaurant is famous for their Dutch babies which are an egg pancake which is served in it's own skillet and is a mix between bread pudding and Yorkshire pudding - I thoroughly enjoyed it but my friend didn't like the texture.
Our waitress was fabulous! Very personable with lots of helpful tips about Seattle. I would definitely return to this restaurant the next time I'm in Seattle!

1  Thank Riverdaleraven75
Reviewed June 16, 2014

This is a small restaurant at the North edge of the Belltown district that was recommended by a Seattle resident named Christine that was staying at our hotel. The cuisine can be described as new American and is very good. We were greeted by a friendly hostess and served by a beautiful waitress who was especially pleasant. The pan fried spring chicken was served with roasted potatoes, asparagus, sauce Robert and the special Halibut selection with dandelion greens was also very well prepared, cooked to perfection and very flavorful. The chefs here are obviously schooled and have excellent cooking skills. This is one of the better Seattle restaurants and we would highly recommend it.

1  Thank capemaytraveler
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Very cozy place with an inventive cuisine. We were pleased with prompt and friendly service, great specials and very good food. Their house potatoes and sauce reminded me of patatas bravas of Barcelona (for those who traveled Spain). Nice atmosphere and a good crowd. We would definitely return.

Caveat: mimosas aren't cheap here - $10 per flute. Make sure you know that before you say "go ahead" to a refill.