“Cute little place and very kids friendly”
Review of Tilikum Place Cafe

Tilikum Place Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Tilikum Place Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 4,217 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: European, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Belltown
Cross street: 4th Avenue
Description: Located in Belltown near the Space Needle. Specializing in European influenced Northwest cuisine.
Reviewed January 11, 2014

A friend of mine took me there for dinner and I was very impressed with the food and the service. The menu is simple and not overwhelming. I had a chicken dish and it was very tasty. The portion is perfect. I had such a good experience that I decided to go back for brunch. The place was packed! This time, I took my little niece with me. Kids being kids, she was a bit picky. They were more than accommodating and made everything the way she wanted it. Growing up in Europe, she has very high standard when it comes to bread and she loved the bread that was served. The waitress brought her some special jam for her bread and also gave her extra bread when she cleaned the plate. She had such a good time that she requested to go back the next day and we certainly did! It just seems like everyone there is having a great time, both the staff and the customers. The food is great without being pretentious and it is just a fun and cute little café to dine. I also like the fact that the wait staff is so kind to kids.

2  Thank SeattleEcc

Reviewed January 5, 2014

The food was absolutely delicious. The welcome was very warm and natural and the atmosphere lovely. Even had a view of the Space needle. When we had a small problem with our card they were very gracious while we sorted out another method of payment. I would go here all the time if I lived here.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

After a mediocre breakfast in another highly rated restaurant we decided to return to the Tilikum Cafe. We started with a side order of fritters. These warm little bites lightly sprinkled with icing sugar and lashes of honey went perfectly with the French press coffee. I ordered the savoury Dutch baby which takes 20-30 mins. It arrived piping hot from the oven. The goat cheese and chorizo filling nicely balanced the light, eggy pancake. It was one of the best breakfasts I've ever eaten. My friend enjoyed her smoked salmon eggs benny as well, but the Dutch baby was simply outstanding. I'd definitely eat there again.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

A very small and cozy place with great food! The fritters we ordered as appetizers were devoured in a matter of seconds, they were so good! Ordered the eggs benedict with smoked salmon and dutch baby (one of their specials). Changed some ingredients to my liking to perfection! This is a great eatery!

Reviewed November 16, 2013

I'd forgotten how charming this little hole in the wall spot is. I love the samll cafe feel, tucked away on Cedar near the Space Needle. A friend & I enjoyed an excellent lunch yesterday. I like the small meny, supplemented by 3 or 4 specials. He, a pescatarian, had a fish version of Shepard's pie, and he loved it, topped with creamy mashed potatoes (14$). I had 3 falafel balls, creamy in the inside, crispy out, served with both an aoili and a pesto sauce next to a crisp green salad. (12$). I started with a marvelous cup of squash soup. The food all feels and looks prepared to order. Service was very good also (young waiter who thoroughly knew every item on the menu). I won't wait so long to return.

1  Thank NWroamer11