“Loaded with charm”
Review of Tilikum Place Cafe

Tilikum Place Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Tilikum Place Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 4,132 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: European, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Belltown
Cross street: 4th Avenue
Description: Located in Belltown near the Space Needle. Specializing in European influenced Northwest cuisine.
Seattle, Washington
“Loaded with charm”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

A friend brought me here as her guest, she had eaten here several times and she always enjoyed it. Having passed it as a pedestrian I was familiar with the restaurant's name but I had never been inside, but it always looked interesting (and busy!). It is a fairly small place, with tables and seats at the bar, dimly lit and with limited floor space. We sat at the bar. They have an impressive selection of spirits and specialize in classic cocktails; I had one that featured violet liqueur. For starters, we had baked oysters and a savory tart; both were outstanding, flavorful and generously portioned for sharing. For main course, we each had the pan seared chicken which was accompanied with sugar snap peas. The chicken was juicy and cooked to perfection, with wonderful sauce.
My friend chose ice coconut ice cream for dessert, which she enjoyed; I chose the profiteroles. The dessert, while enormous, was a little strange; the pastry was completely unsweetened, which surprised me, and was a little like eating a bread and ice cream sandwich. Still, I can't say that I did not thoroughly enjoy this restaurant and this meal. I look forward to visiting again.

• Visited August 2013

• Indonesian first
Kirkwood, Missouri
“Quaint”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We stumbled upon this restaurant after a visit to Chihuly Gardens. they have such fresh food and very tasty. The staff was very helpful in with suggestions. Fresh bread was delightful. We ordered several dishes to sample their menu and were never disappointed. Would go back!

Visited July 2013
Kirkland, Washington
“Still a marvelous place to eat”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I first reviewed this restaurant in 2009. We went back there on the weekend and if anything it's even better than before. I had what was probably the most flavorful and tender pork chop I've ever had.

The service was excellent - attentive and friendly without being intrusive. It was my son's birthday and the restaurant provided a free bottle of prosecco as well as a candle on his desert to celebrate.

We ahve never been disappointed here and, as I say, it is only getting better with time.

Vail, Colorado
“Great food. Slow service but staff recovered well.”
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Sunday breakfast. Small place had no reservations which I suggest. Waited ten minutes got a place at bar. Another 5 minutes till greeted. Ordered French press pot coffee which is a must. Coffee took 20 min as they have a limited amount of press pots. This was silly to me but bar tender was on it as fast he could and was personable. He also was slammed with foo foo coffee drinks and mimosas. Chef was right there playing in a very open kitchen so that was fun to watch. Food was all fresh well seasoned and different enough from the normal breakfast fare to peak interest in our entire party. Didn't get the baked pancakes as they take 30 minutes but saw them getting plated and I will return for them just from sight alone. Eggplant sandwich was tasty. The tilikum plate was filling and the baked beans they served had a great pork taste although a bit sweet for my taste. The baked eggs with goat cheese zucchini and roasted tomato was also tasty. Overall a great experience and I hope they get more French press pots as the coffee delay was unacceptable really. The food was genuine and fresh. It's a small kitchen and selection reflects this but it was well balanced and I think most people will be pleased.

1 Thank Beantastic
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Recommended for a great lunch spot”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We stopped for lunch after going up the space needle. It's located on a tree-lined street close to a small park. Inside is comfortable, and we had a table by the window. Ken ordered a soup/sandwich combo and liked it very much. the soup was a hearty black bean, and the sandwich was ham, brie and rhubarb chutney on a small baguette. We both ordered coffee which came in a French press. the service was friendly and it seemed to be a popular place.