“Food and service add up to an excellent Seattle experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tilikum Place Cafe

Tilikum Place Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Tilikum Place Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 4,062 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: American, European
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Belltown
Cross street: 4th Avenue
Description: Located in Belltown near the Space Needle. Specializing in European influenced Northwest cuisine.
portland oregon
“Food and service add up to an excellent Seattle experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I had the pleasure of a meal with 6 Seattle friends, one of whom is a regular here, last Saturday evening. The restaurant is located in a small pocket of dining and drinking establishments close to Seattle Center, but is clearly a 'locals' spot.
Our server, Sarah, was attentive and fun. She made some good recommendations for starters, wine and when I raised my eyebrows at the prospect of the grilled halibut special, she was back to the table in two minutes to ask me if I wanted her to save the last one for me. Of course!
The atmosphere is bustling and somewhat noisy, but not in a bad way whatsoever. Equally great for a semi-large group with a reservation, a business dinner or a romantic dinner date. This was my second meal here and I'll be back again.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank pdxmike

• Indonesian first
Kent, WA
“Yum, Yum, Yummy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Our friends invited us because they heard it was good. We had never heard of it but thought, why not? So off we went... Our server Matt was knowledgeable and friendly. He made plenty of recommendations as we'd never been there. We started with the steamed clams and the baked oysters. The oysters were so good that we used the bread to sop up every last drop of the sauce in the shell! Next we had salads. I had the Mache salad. (Mache is an herb that was new to me.) My husband had the shaved root vegetable salad. Both salads were fantastic. For dinner I had the seafood selection of the day which was halibut. It was cooked to perfection as was my husbands braised pork shoulder. Our friends tried the onion soup and the chicken and they were raving about their meals as well. For desert I had the ginger creme brulee and my husband had the brownie sundae. I will need to run five miles today to burn off the food but it was definately worth it!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Great lunch place close to Seattle Needle”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

We went here as we were staying close by and it has many positive reviews. No problem getting a table for weekday lunch. We had savoury pear and goat cheese tart, and an amazing spiced cauliflower soup. An excellent French press coffee was perfect to share. Would definitely eat there again, it was a little oasis.

• Visited January 2013
3 Thank idhbc
Seattle, Washington
“A hidden gem: small restaurant with nice ambiance and excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

It is quite small and could be easily missed as it is located next to Taco Del Mar and doesn't have a loud sign. However, it is absolutely fantastic. The food was excellent, servers were attentive and it was not too noisy or dead quiet. Great for business, dinner with friends or even going solo. Will go there again.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Alex N
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Valentine's Day in Seattle”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

My second visit to this charming little neighborhood gem. My husband and I had reservations for dinner and it did not disappoint. Great food including baked clams, steak medallions, good choice of distinctive wines by the glass. I would have given them "excellent" but they seemed understaffed for the Valentine's Day crowd and all of the patrons were served very slowly.

Visited February 2013