“Good and fresh Sushi”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: University District
Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

We came late close to the closing time around 9:30 p.m., but this was no problem for the nice and friendly staff. The fresh sushi was sensational. You just also try the soups!

Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

We used to think we had to go to Belltown or the International District for high quality sushi, but not anymore. This place is top notch in fresh ingredients, impeccable service, yet friendly and affordable. This is not a college student, quick fix sushi place - this is for those who appreciate excellent sushi and not to be missed.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

I ordered the flying salmon roll, the tuna roll, and the edamame. All were wonderful. I really recommend the flying salmon roll. The salmon was perfect. I also tried the miso soup, which was standard fare. The teriyaki chicken that I tasted was also very good. A friend also ordered the vegetarian tempura entree, which was enormous. I would recommend this restaurant to friends.

Definitely a nice change from all the other dive-y Japanese places in U District.

Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at a nearby hotel and needed a sushi fix so I stopped here. I ordered a hot summer roll and a gorilla roll. One was okay and the other pretty bad. I've had better

Reviewed July 25, 2012

Traveling here for a week and wanted to find the best food in Seattle. Village Sushi has been the best food experience so far! I ordered the teriyaki salmon as I was looking for a great grilled salmon and figured I had a good chance of that in a sushi place. It was AMAZING! Better than the habachi grilled salmon my friend was served last week at Roy's in Las Vegas which was overcooked and dry. There was a slight mixup at the beginning and then the sushi chef took charge and grilled the salmon himself. Did I mention it was AMAZING! We also ordered the Seattle roll and had them add chopped jalapeno which was superb as well. We will probably eat here at least once more before heading back home.