“A gem of a museum!”

Book In Advance
Ranked #47 of 418 things to do in Seattle
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Visit a museum like no other on earth.MoPOP, located next to Seattle’s historic Space Needle, houses some of the world’s most legendary pop culture artifacts. Test your DJ skills in Sound Lab, and get the scoop on the world’s most mesmerizing producers of pop culture. Hands-on experiences, iconic artifacts, and award-winning exhibitions featuring luminaries in the fields of music, literature, television, and film make MoPOP a destination unlike any other.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed December 8, 2014 via mobile

Really enjoyed our visit. Were planning especially to see the Jimi Hendrix exhibit and the We are 12 exhibit, and loved everything else there too. Take your time and spend a few hours.

Write a ReviewReviews (6,266)
All reviews
in 107 reviews
"princess bride"
in 106 reviews

Reviewed December 7, 2014

The museum provides fun entertainment which allow all visitors to spend almost a full day with the different interactive exhibits.

Reviewed December 7, 2014

Skip it NO- if you don't like Jimi hendrix or Rock n Roll, this place has a whole lot more. My husband and I do like Jimi Hendrix and history of rock and what is going on today (which is very lackluster compared to past music decades). The EMP, has amazing exhibits from various science fiction- Star Trek, Star Wars, etc..on back; music video history and the makers; currently (we got to see) they have a huge room for the Seahawks with the Superbowl Trophy and ring and a whole lot of other neat stuff. My husband went on this 4D (yes 4D) experience thing (he is NOT a gamer) and he really thought is was great and did it twice. We sat in the "Sky Church" and enjoyed a video segment on Jimi Hendrix as well as another one on something else. They has continious running videos of a variety of subjects all day long. The EMP is HUGE. We thought we would only be there for 1-2 hours at the most, but were there for 3.5 hours. Thankfully, (for me) there were plenty of places to sit down through out each exhibit and area. This enabled us to not have to leave early and miss out all that we wanted to see. I imagine we could have stayed longer, but my "battery" needed a complete re-charge. Family friendly (parents use YOUR wisdom on what exhibits are suitable or not for your kids- but most are. Music lovers- this is a must see. Sci Fi people- you too. And me, not a sterio-typical museum lover- this is truly an experience and interactive, nothing like one would think of the look and move on place.

Reviewed December 7, 2014

I had a great time exploring EMP Museum. There were tons of really interesting galleries and was very interactive. While I was there, they were featuring a Game of Thrones exhibit. The music galleries were incredible, the movie galleries were extensive. I could have stayed all day.