Open today: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM

More Info
from $148.00
More Info
5,739 results
All reviews star trek jimi hendrix science fiction nirvana exhibit star wars sound lab sci fi video games music lovers love music musical instruments hello kitty horror movie wizard of oz wearable art jim henson princess bride
Reviewed yesterday

This museum contained a bunch of semi related exhibits. A number of music exhibits featuring native son Pearl Jam as well as Hendrix. A "sound studio" lets visitors try different instruments and other recording equipment. The games room had a number of games that did not work and was crowded for the ones that did. The virtual reality room requires extra cost and a timed ticket. We could not fit that in. Not sure that I would go back.

Reviewed yesterday

In general, our family are not the type to go to museums or displays of this sort, however we thought we would take a chance, and everyone enjoyed each section. Even the kids 11-16 were quite engaged in the Nirvana and Hendrix displays even though both were relevant much before they were born.

Reviewed 2 days ago

The last time I was in Seattle, this place was the Jimi Hendrix Music Experience - and it was fun, but it has evolved into something so much better. MoPop has so many fantastic exhibits and they are cleverly curated and themed to give the artifacts more context and it works so well! My friend and I went on a Friday midday and the museum was not nearly as busy as I expected so we were able to take our time and really experience it.

The Pearl Jam, Nirvana and Jimi Hendrix exhibits were great to see in the city where the music was brought to life. Conversely, the Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror exhibits FAR exceeded any expectations I had and I've been to other Pop Culture museums that were curated well. These collections were probably the most fun and easily appeal to people of all ages. There are interactive areas for kids, but plenty of interesting content for adults as well.

There is so much to see in Seattle, but for people who enjoy museums this could be a highlight of a long weekend in the city.

Reviewed 3 days ago

We visited MOPOP in september, weekdays is always less busy. as an avid music and pop culture fan - i could have spent the whole day there. I'll start by admitting that I could have bought most of the amazing gift shop and spend hours browsing through the very cool stuff there. even the cafeteria is great.

The Pearl Jam space was amazing, the Nirvana section is out of this world and the pink haired guide was so so good. My kids realy loved the classic games section and the (extra pay) Marvel experience. I must say that my personal highlight was playing the instruments in the third floor. as a guitar and bass player i loved the facility that lets you play real guitars and jam with backing music or with my kids (who can't realy play but still enjoyed themselves). what an amazing museum.

to summerize: I wanna live/work in MOPOP Seattle!

Reviewed 3 days ago via mobile

I was a little disappointed in the Jimi Hendrix exhibit and was hoping for more. But you can be overwhelmed with so much paraphernalia from the other exhibits that they have on display. A must is going on the second and third floor and going in sound studios to practice jamming and singing. This museum is fantastic for those of us over 60 and under 6

Reviewed 3 days ago

MoPop has been a great addition to Seattle. Plenty of exhibits to see, lots of hands on activities. Great for all ages.

Reviewed 3 days ago

The architecture of this building is really very cool. I'd recommend going up in the space needle to get a look at this from above. if you're a total rocker, you will love this place. Otherwise, I'd check out what the current exhibits are before paying admission to see if it fits your fancy.

Reviewed 3 days ago via mobile

I chaperoned prom and we had full access to the museum. I love the Nirvana Seattle music exhibit. We also enjoyed the Marvel area with lots of photo ops with the character statues. The music rooms are probably my favorite. Making your own pretend rock band is better than karaoke.

Reviewed 5 days ago via mobile

If you enjoy memorabilia and a bit of history in one place this is the place to visit. You can make it a short visit (2 hours) or take in all the exhibits (allow at least 4 hours). We only had 2 hours and felt we got our money's worth. We did not pay for any of the "extra" exhibits but they looked good and worth the extra few dollars. The only improvement would be to have more general cultural period connected memorabilia. The Jimi Hendrix exhibit was OUTSTANDING!

Reviewed 1 week ago

Such a fan of the pop culture and so much history here. A must not miss! For anyone who appreciates people and groups like Jimmy Hendricks and Pearl Jam (not to mention our infamous comic heroes).