“Very Interesting! Will definitely come back and do the Mortuary Tours!”
Review of Market Ghost Tours

Market Ghost Tours
Ranked #59 of 159 Tours in Seattle
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in the Pike Place Market, Market Ghost Tours offers private tour in the Pike Place Market and seasonal Halloween tours. The skeptic and believer can enjoy this exterior walking tour of Pike Place Market because it is rooted in history. Leave the high heels at home because some of the streets are cobblestones. We encourage you to bring your cameras to try and capture phenomena and also to take some beautiful pictures of the neon and theatrical architecture in the Market.
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Activities for older children
Reviewed March 18, 2013

My husband and I were in Seattle last Saturday 03/16/13. My husband is a skeptic and I wanted him to have a little bit of feeling of what's it like to see and feel the energy of the ghosts. I had a lot of experiences before in my old house so I know how it feels to be scared. I was browsing online and decided to do the Market Ghost Tour. I was so excited that we booked right away.

Our Tour guide was Jim Pallotta. He was very good in giving us the history of the popular places, restaurants and the ghosts that haunts the Pike Place Market. We were very interested as we explore and listen to the different stories of the ghosts that haunts Pike Place Market. I read online that Kells Irish Pub and Restaurant was indeed a haunted place so I thought that would be a good way for my husband to have an experience in the paranormal world. I thought that we were allowed to go in but I didn't thought I booked the wrong tour. ( My fault..hehe) I wish I would have booked the Mortuary Tour because I would like my husband to be a believer. But it was still a very interesting tour. We learned a lot about the history of Seattle, the Pike place and the old Butterworth Mortuary which is now known as Kells Irish Pub and Restaurant..It was creepy and fun at the same time. I have a picture taken from my iphone camera which looks like a ghost of a woman wearing a long dress in a side view position. It kinda looks like one of the pictures that was shown to us by our tour guide Jim. Since the glass door was locked, I decided to take a picture anyway. It really looks like a ghost picture to me. My husband was even the one who said that woman looks like one of the pictures that were shown to us by Jim isn't it? I could be wrong but we definitely enjoyed it and would recommend it to anyone who enjoy this kind of stuff. We will go back next time and do the Mortuary Tours with them. I can't wait to go back again. Thank you everyone!

2  Thank Kristel O

Reviewed March 12, 2013

My sister and I were leaving from Seattle for a cruise to Alaska and I sent an email to Market Ghost Tours asking if we could get a short educational/historical tour of Pike Place Market. Mercedes, the owner, quickly responded and offered us a tour that met our schedule! Mercedes gave us the tour herself which lasted about an hour. Her knowledge of PPM was incredible and her trivia very interesting. If we had children with us we would probably have been better off on one of her ghost tours. Great experience!!! Pike Place Market is a must while in Seattle.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

The tour guides were experienced and comical. Yummy espresso. The mortuary is so creepy!! Take lots of pictures; you never know what you will find...

1  Thank Danielle C
Reviewed February 14, 2013

This is the second time that my husband and I have taken friends/family up to Seattle to go on the tour and it will not be the last. We went on a 7pm Saturday tour with a fairly large group (I think about 15). The historical data is facinating, the jokes are fun and the stories are spooky. Jim was an excellent tour guide! He has the perfect personna to be a guide on this tour! Thanks for a fun Saturday night!

Reviewed February 9, 2013

We are hometown tourists who were looking for a fun Saturday night adventure. Departing from the standard "dinner and a movie", we booked the Ghost Tour and had our 14 year old daughter actually thrilled with the idea!!! Who knew? The tour was extremely fun! It appealed to my engineer husband who loved the historical facts, my 14 year old who loved the thrill of the mention of ghosts, and me, the extrovert, who loves new and exciting adventures! Our tour guide was Jim, and he was exceptional! Full of facts, a bit of theatrics, and just a bit of terror, and he had us all hooked! There was a bit of chill in the air, but it just added to the ambiance. It was a lovely walk through Seattle, and the history that we learned about our beloved city will be with us for a long time. We encourage our fellow Seattlites to go on this tour, and yes, it will be on our list of "must sees" for our guests!

2  Thank tanglehome
Mercedes C, Owner at Market Ghost Tours, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Thank you for coming down and taking the tour. Jim truly appreciated that you mentioned him in this review. We are looking forward to a great summer and seeing you again in the future.